It's not like Coleman is that much better to merit a gratuitous contract. I can think of only two or three RBs in the entire league that  are valuable enough to be given the kind of contract Freeman has, throwing so much money at running backs in general is kinda dumb. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I really think our resources can be utilized more effectively by spending on the LOS 

People fall in love with these backs and start yelling "pay teh man" but backs get injured and their windows for their primes are usually brief

Edited by TheDancingBird
3 minutes ago, TheDancingBird said:

It's not like Coleman is that much better to merit a gratuitous contract. I can think of only two or three RBs in the entire league that  are valuable enough to be given the kind of contract Freeman has, throwing so much money at running backs in general is kinda dumb. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I really think our resources can be utilized more effectively by spending on the LOS 

People fall in love with these backs and start yelling "pay teh man" but backs get injured and their windows for their primes are usually brief

That is why I think we'll be able to keep Coleman.

2 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

That is why I think we'll be able to keep Coleman.

At the right price, sure. It would be one thing if he was really putting up numbers right now, it would make his stock go up on the market, for the right price, I'd love to keep him and cut Freeman eventually, Ito Smith becomes a good part of a 1-2 punch with Coleman: best case scenario. 

5 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

A player that has HEART and consistently gives his all is suddenly a quitter huh? You guys are amazing.

I never called him a quitter. Im happy he got paid. But would I give him that contract? No way..He was already a concussion away from who knows what...

Edited by zekeyboy1
1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Nope...We shouldve drafted Gurley..:bang:

We should have moved up in the 2nd round this year and drafted Chubb this year - he would be the big bruising RB we need to complement Tevin.  Cleveland is barely using him now while Michel has become the centerpiece of New England's offense.