Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrimsonFalcon

Another Freeman injury

43 posts in this topic

It sounds like we’ve got another injury that we can add to Devonta Freeman‘s list of ailments. Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com points out that the Falcons running back was listed on Friday’s injury report with a groin issue.

USATSI_9755680-217x300.jpgFreeman has already overcome a knee injury that forced him to miss several games earlier this season, and this week he was reportedly struggling through a foot injury. The organization wasn’t all that concerned with Freeman’s recent bone bruise, believing it’d only force him to miss a single game (if that). However, the groin issue is new, and Florio wonders how the running back could have suffered the injury if he wasn’t practicing.

This groin injury probably makes it even more unlikely that Freeman sees the field for this weekend’s contest against the Buccaneers. If Freeman can’t go, the Falcons will once again turn to a tandem of Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith.

Freeman rarely battled injury issues through the early part of his career, as he played in played in 47-of-48 games between 2014 and 2016. He missed a pair of games last season with a concussion, and he’s already missed three contests this season. In his two games this year, the 26-year-old has collected 68 rushing yards on 14 carries. He’s under contract through 2022 after inking a five-year, $41.25MM extension last August.

Just now, Gee-Q said:

Just read he is more than likely out this week against Giants

Quinn said hes out for sure. Along with bryant. Good news on bryant is that it's only a strain. Tevecchio already got a call

FalconJim likes this

Just now, socalriseup said:

Quinn said hes out for sure. Along with bryant. Good news on bryant is that it's only a strain. Tevecchio already got a call

A strain that they knew immediately would prevent him from playing in 8 days.

Color me skeptical. 

Peyton, vitaman and Ergo Proxy like this

Dude gets hurt more thab Julio. Idgaf how amazing he is, hes wasting a roster spot and wasting our cap. Im over the Freeman era. Loved Free but this is just rediculous. What next? 

Just put him on IR. Im done

papachaz likes this

Man I love Free but I don't think he'll ever be the same. I always said that reminds me so much of Marion Barber, and I don't mean the same dreads and Jersey #24. They both ran so hard and their bodies have taken a pounding. Barber was a bigger guy and as tough as he was he still couldn't withstand the punishment. 

I'm not saying the book is already out on Free but I don't think he'll ever be the same.

FalconJim likes this

He missed last week with a foot injury, how in the heck did he get groin injury without even playing lmao

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

We knew this as of last week though didn't we, what's new? 

Correct.

6 minutes ago, rh50 said:

He missed last week with a foot injury, how in the heck did he get groin injury without even playing lmao

Towards the end of the last week, Vaughn McClure or DLed (can't remember which) slipped in the fact that he had a groin injury along with the foot. I'd assume both happened in Pittsburgh.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, socalriseup said:

That means they cut his leg off. He's an amputee now.

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Just find a way to get rid of Freeman. He is useless damaged goods now. He got his Millions ... and the team gets to eat it. All we got is Teco and Ito .... TITO :D

1 hour ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Free got his $. lol. Troffed

A player that has HEART and consistently gives his all is suddenly a quitter huh? You guys are amazing.

Dutty Ole Bird and Geneaut like this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Foot.......knee......groin.....keeping the ascension going....Collapsed lung is next

Remember back I think in the summer when an injury thread was started?  I be darn if that bad mojo hasn’t got us!!!

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

We knew this as of last week though didn't we, what's new? 

We did. That's what makes all of this hand wringing and kvetching ESPECIALLY pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

A player that has HEART and consistently gives his all is suddenly a quitter huh? You guys are amazing.

WE PAID THE WRONG RUNNING BACK. AND THAT IS ON TROFF.

We should have Paid Teco