Bucs fire Mike Smith

Scott1988

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, hard to believe they think this guy will be better. Looks like this is probably Koetter's last season as well.

Bucs promoted LBs coach Mark Duffner to defensive coordinator.

A 65-year-old journeyman, Duffner has been coaching NFL linebackers in some capacity since 1997. He was the Bengals' defensive coordinator in 2001-02. Those teams were historically bad. Anyone should be an improvement on Mike Smith, but it's hard to see how Duffner is going to alter the fate of the Bucs' wow-bad defense.

Oct 15 - 2:09 PM

23 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I wish Smitty the best.

Multiple Falcons HCs have had heart scares...they know this going in 

Fans too - especially in the last 2 minutes of games :(

Seriously though- hate that for him.  He's a good guy - and did a lot for our franchise.    Wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Just now, Tandy said:

Fans too - especially in the last 2 minutes of games :(

Seriously though- hate that for him.  He's a good guy - and did a lot for our franchise.    Wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Most definitely. I must have a pretty decent heart for my half century of rooting for them and they haven't taken me out yet?  But on games like yesterday my cardiologist would not like my blood pressure shooting through the roof like it did during the game.  Let's make a pact Tandy, how about this Monday night against the Gmen the Falcons give us an easy comfortable win? 

Seems fair, amirite? We need to take a breather. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Most definitely. I must have a pretty decent heart for my half century of rooting for them and they haven't taken me out yet?  But on games like yesterday my cardiologist would not like my blood pressure shooting through the roof like it did during the game.  Let's make a pact Tandy, how about this Monday night against the Gmen the Falcons give us an easy comfortable win? 

Seems fair, amirite? We need to take a breather. 

Seems fair - yes.   But likely?  ..... hmmmm

Harsh. Smith gets fired after his new team loses to the team that fired him previously.

I recall meeting Mike Smith's parents (and I believe his sister too) down in the Gulch while tailgating back in 2012. Just good ole folks from Florida hanging out.

Edited by 4dabirds

28 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Fans too - especially in the last 2 minutes...

You must have spotted me in my house yesterday popping BP meds like Halloween candy...

'I tell you, If you're a fan of the Falcons, you'd better watch your heart...'-CBS TV Announcer during the end of the 1978 Falcons-Eagles wild card game. No truer words have ever been spoken...

Edited by ratesforless