Scott1988

Bucs fire Mike Smith

88 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Doctor Kildare said:

He had his weak points here, but he ran a respectable program which was a welcome change from the behavior of Petrino. Hope he lands in a job where he can enjoy the game and look back with pride to his real accomplishments as Falcons coach.

Agree.  Mike Smith did exactly what was needed at the time... took a laughingstock team and made them respectable.  Eventually, the talent he groomed outpaced his ability and we had to move on.  But nothing but love for Mike Smith here...

Just saw this on NFL Channel --- hate it for Mike Smith....one of the good guys. 
If you remember, he had that heart scare while HC for the Falcons. 
Now, after this, if I were him I'd just ride off into the sunset and be done with the NFL for good! 
Oh, and I couldn't believe how much he's aged, with those white eyebrows and Grandpa glasses --- :(  

Good Luck, Coach!  

Just now, FalconJim said:

Just saw this on NFL Channel --- hate it for Mike Smith....one of the good guys. 
If you remember, he had that heart scare while HC for the Falcons. 
Now, after this, if I were him I'd just ride off into the sunset and be done with the NFL for good! 
Oh, and I couldn't believe how much he's aged, with those white eyebrows and Grandpa glasses --- :(  

Good Luck, Coach!  

I wish Smitty the best.

Multiple Falcons HCs have had heart scares...they know this going in 

21 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

He had the look of a man who had no more answers. Shame, as I respect him for what he did here. Bucs have to scapegoat someone and find a spark.

Had to be hard for Koetter considering Smitty hired him as OC which led to his head coaching gig at TB. 

I think Winston is going to sink Koetter though as well.

7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Mike Smith is terrible DC, but he is honestly a great head coach. His teams play disciplined, he is a great clock manager, and they don't beat themselves. 

Bring him home TD!

That's an interesting thought, maybe serious, maybe not, but there would have to be an ownership change in Atlanta before Smitty would consider it.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I wish Smitty the best.

Multiple Falcons HCs have had heart scares...they know this going in 

Yes, I wish him the best, too! 
And I hope DQ has a strong heart --- he'll need it sooner or later. 
My Dad, God rest his soul, called them "The Cardiac Falcons" --- :lol: 

rounz and WhenFalconsWin like this

11 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Mike Smith is terrible DC, but he is honestly a great head coach. His teams play disciplined, he is a great clock manager, and they don't beat themselves. 

Bring him home TD!

Except that he just called time out again. 

Flying Falcon likes this