Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

I dont understand why we keep running to the outside with teco

36 posts in this topic

Dude cant cut for ****..instead he does some sideways get skinny and get tackled shiz..if dude just plants his foot and went upfield hed get some yards, a lot of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our RBs are decent but they were over-hyped. They are not what we or the media built them up to be.

For the last couple of years I've wanted a power RB with speed, one like Turner. Right now we have two finesse RBs, not one that can bowl anyone over to get the tough yards.

Emmitt, ShadyRef and Jerz #DukeSZN like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Dude cant cut for ****..instead he does some sideways get skinny and get tackled shiz..if dude just plants his foot and went upfield hed get some yards, a lot of them!

I agree.

He doesn't have the 'hop' that Freeman has. To be a great inside runner you have to have a good jump cut, Teco isnt that kind of guy. His straight line speed is good for receiving and outside running in space. TeCo is not the all around type back that Freeman is but he's better than Freeman at some things. I'll take a healthy Freeman over TeCo any day. Hopefully we get to see a healthy Freeman soon.

Most posters on here see a few plays here or there that look bad and declare a player bad at certain things. They can't keep things in perspective after that. Freeman over his career has been great at blitz pickup. There are examples of errors he's made at crucial times that have tainted some folks view (similar to Wes Schweitzer) but Free is still a much better blocker than TeCo. He's a much better inside runner because of his jump cut ability and his ability to shed tackles is light years ahead of TeCo. Ito Smith is a better blocker than TeCo. In the ZBS when the RB turns it up, he must turn it straight up to clear the line asap. TeCo angles his approach to the line when he turns it up which allows D-lineman to get hands on him even while being blocked. ( If I knew how to do the GIF transfer thing I'd show you some examples but I'm clueless about all that.)

This team misses Freeman, even if the fans don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Dude cant cut for ****..instead he does some sideways get skinny and get tackled shiz..if dude just plants his foot and went upfield hed get some yards, a lot of them!

cool story , tell the coaches get him on the field then. He only had 2 carries the whole first half and they were good runs so ofc youre gonna get stiff just standing on the sidelines for three drives. They kept taking him out the game after 1 or 2 plays . Tell me how are you suppose to build a rythym like that??

Edited by caponine
osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, slider said:

I agree.

He doesn't have the 'hop' that Freeman has. To be a great inside runner you have to have a good jump cut, Teco isnt that kind of guy. His straight line speed is good for receiving and outside running in space. TeCo is not the all around type back that Freeman is but he's better than Freeman at some things. I'll take a healthy Freeman over TeCo any day. Hopefully we get to see a healthy Freeman soon.

Most posters on here see a few plays here or there that look bad and declare a player bad at certain things. They can't keep things in perspective after that. Freeman over his career has been great at blitz pickup. There are examples of errors he's made at crucial times that have tainted some folks view (similar to Wes Schweitzer) but Free is still a much better blocker than TeCo. He's a much better inside runner because of his jump cut ability and his ability to shed tackles is light years ahead of TeCo. Ito Smith is a better blocker than TeCo. In the ZBS when the RB turns it up, he must turn it straight up to clear the line asap. TeCo angles his approach to the line when he turns it up which allows D-lineman to get hands on him even while being blocked. ( If I knew how to do the GIF transfer thing I'd show you some examples but I'm clueless about all that.)

This team misses Freeman, even if the fans don't.

 

You must have missed most of the game then , he picked up a blitz perfectly on Vontae Davis and D. Tackle. Which gives Ryan time to look to hooper for the TD , you’re just reaching at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caponine said:

You must have missed most of the game then , he picked up a blitz perfectly on Vontae Davis and D. Tackle. Which gives Ryan time to look to hooper for the TD , you’re just reaching at this point. 

Just like bad plays are occasionally made, good plays are also occasionally made. No player is all bad or all good at anything. I never said TeCo couldn't block, I did say Freeman and Ito appear to be better at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We run a Zone-Blocking scheme with our O Line. What that means is - our blockers are smaller and faster and create natural spaces sideline to sideline. We're not built to Power Up the Middle like other teams do.

That being said, Teco is a 1 cut Runner. He makes his 1 cut and goes. He's not really physical like Freeman is. I HATE that toss sweep run play! But its all we got with the players and scheme we have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slider said:

I agree.

He doesn't have the 'hop' that Freeman has. To be a great inside runner you have to have a good jump cut, Teco isnt that kind of guy. His straight line speed is good for receiving and outside running in space. TeCo is not the all around type back that Freeman is but he's better than Freeman at some things. I'll take a healthy Freeman over TeCo any day. Hopefully we get to see a healthy Freeman soon.

Most posters on here see a few plays here or there that look bad and declare a player bad at certain things. They can't keep things in perspective after that. Freeman over his career has been great at blitz pickup. There are examples of errors he's made at crucial times that have tainted some folks view (similar to Wes Schweitzer) but Free is still a much better blocker than TeCo. He's a much better inside runner because of his jump cut ability and his ability to shed tackles is light years ahead of TeCo. Ito Smith is a better blocker than TeCo. In the ZBS when the RB turns it up, he must turn it straight up to clear the line asap. TeCo angles his approach to the line when he turns it up which allows D-lineman to get hands on him even while being blocked. ( If I knew how to do the GIF transfer thing I'd show you some examples but I'm clueless about all that.)

This team misses Freeman, even if the fans don't.

 

What???  Second sentence is a straight up NO!  Jump cut means your feet are not planted on the ground, making it easier to for someone to tackle you!  Jump cut and being able to actually "cut" are two different things!  A good example of of a big back using a jump cut (now) to run inside and getting chopped down is AP!  Freeman is a short back that runs with a chip on his shoulder, he will plant his feet and run you over, period!!!  Your second paragraph is 90% BS..............what does this even mean "In the ZBS when the RB turns it up, he must turn it straight up to clear the line asap."???  Not attacking you, but clearly you were never a RB (I ran out of a wishbone)!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, slider said:

 

This team misses Freeman, even if the fans don't.

 

I miss the good, healthy Freeman. The problem is we haven’t had that since the end of the regular season last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

We run a Zone-Blocking scheme with our O Line. What that means is - our blockers are smaller and faster and create natural spaces sideline to sideline. We're not built to Power Up the Middle like other teams do.

That being said, Teco is a 1 cut Runner. He makes his 1 cut and goes. He's not really physical like Freeman is. I HATE that toss sweep run play! But its all we got with the players and scheme we have

The last few weeks he isn't making his one cut. Instead he's been trying to out run everyone to the edge. He hasn't been helping his FA cause for this off-season. That said someone will overpay for him.

Anyone remember those old Bronco teams who ran the ZBS so well any back they put back there was a threat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesus said:

The last few weeks he isn't making his one cut. Instead he's been trying to out run everyone to the edge. He hasn't been helping his FA cause for this off-season. That said someone will overpay for him.

Anyone remember those old Bronco teams who ran the ZBS so well any back they put back there was a threat?

I agree with all this. But what are we going to do for a RB - this year or next year. We cant keep Freeman because he is always hurt. Ito Smith is nice but he is so little. We need to get a new RB

Diggable Birds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I agree with all this. But what are we going to do for a RB - this year or next year. We cant keep Freeman because he is always hurt. Ito Smith is nice but he is so little. We need to get a new RB

I think Ito is a keeper. But we need a true #1. Hate to say it but Freeman might be breaking down. Call it the curse of Courtyard by Marriott. Maybe draft one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I agree with all this. But what are we going to do for a RB - this year or next year. We cant keep Freeman because he is always hurt. Ito Smith is nice but he is so little. We need to get a new RB

Terrell Davis CJ Anderson etc.... I think their line was a lot better but we don't get the same results with our zone blocking scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

What???  Second sentence is a straight up NO!  Jump cut means your feet are not planted on the ground, making it easier to for someone to tackle you!  Jump cut and being able to actually "cut" are two different things!  A good example of of a big back using a jump cut (now) to run inside and getting chopped down is AP!  Freeman is a short back that runs with a chip on his shoulder, he will plant his feet and will run you over, period!!!  Your second paragraph is 90% BS..............what does this even mean "In the ZBS when the RB turns it up, he must turn it straight up to clear the line asap."???  Not attacking you, but clearly you were never a RB (I ran out of a wishbone)!!!

The jump cut I'm referring to is the cut you have to make when the hole pops open to your right or left after you've started your approach to the line. Freeman has the ability to 'hop' laterally left or right into the gap then burst ahead through it. Coleman doesn't appear to have that ability and instead takes a shallow angle toward the gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Anyone remember those old Bronco teams who ran the ZBS so well any back they put back there was a threat?

I do, but also remember when Mike Vick was the future of the NFL.............but Tampa Bay had the blueprint for dealing with "edge runners" and super fast backs (mind you, Vick was a QB), and that is why we have D lineman (and LBs) that are big and can run a 4.5 too!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

I don't understand why all our running plays are a toss.

I get the outside toss, but I can't understand the inside toss at all. 

Emmitt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slider said:

The jump cut I'm referring to is the cut you have to make when the hole pops open to your right or left after you've started your approach to the line. Freeman has the ability to 'hop' laterally left or right into the gap then burst ahead through it. Coleman doesn't appear to have that ability and instead takes a shallow angle toward the gap.

But that's jump not a jump cut, Freeman just cuts "quicker" than Coleman!  Free is the type of back that would give you fits and embarrass you if you are not careful due to his ability to make multiple cuts quickly!  Coleman's game is not like that at all!  The hole better be there (or about to open) when Coleman makes the cut, because if not, you can string him out and run him down, and he runs light!!!  But that's not a knock on Coleman, and the ZBS does not benefit him at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrews_31 said:

But that's jump not a jump cut, Freeman just cuts "quicker" than Coleman!  Free is the type of back that would give you fits and embarrass you if you are not careful due to his ability to make multiple cuts quickly!  Coleman's game is not like that at all!  The hole better be there (or about to open) when Coleman makes the cut, because if not, you can string him out and run him down, and he runs light.  But that's not a knock on Coleman, and the ZBS does not benefit him at all!

I agree completely. 'Hop step' may be a better word for what I was looking for. Coleman approaches the line angled. Pads are not square to the line like Free is able to do so he loses his power. He never has really fit this scheme but you can't downgrade his ability in the pass game. I can only hope Freeman gets right. No better fit for the scheme than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slider said:

I agree completely. 'Hop step' may be a better word for what I was looking for. Coleman approaches the line angled. Pads are not square to the line like Free is able to do so he loses his power. He never has really fit this scheme but you can't downgrade his ability in the pass game. I can only hope Freeman gets right. No better fit for the scheme than him.

The only thing is, before yesterday, the Falcons were #30 in run blocking, so almost any back the Falcons put back there is DOOMED until they get that fixed!

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Our RBs are decent but they were over-hyped. They are not what we or the media built them up to be.

For the last couple of years I've wanted a power RB with speed, one like Turner. Right now we have two finesse RBs, not one that can bowl anyone over to get the tough yards.

Devonta Freeman is anything but a finesse RB. He's a 5 ft tall bowling ball. He runs angry. He is just undersized. Teco is more finesse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0