Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconfanEST1989

Any word on Matt Icy....... Bryant

25 posts in this topic

Didn't look good either way.  Being helped off the field the way he was, didn't seem promising.  I don't see him not missing the Monday night game, but hopefully he's able to come back soon after the bye week.

I hate to say it but all I have read, including this quoted comment in locker room after per Butt at the Athletic, I am  afraid he tore it and is done for the year.

The only words overheard from Bryant in the locker room were, “It’s a shame.”

rogueleadersf likes this

16 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I have a bad feeling that we just saw the last kick of his career. 

Man, I really hope not. If sports life were fair (and Shanahan and Quinn weren't idiots), he could have retired after kicking the icing Super Bowl winning kick.

Though I suppose there would be worse ways to go out than hitting a 57-yarder to win a game. 

I don't want to imagine life without Bryant. Dude is pure money, and you never have to worry. The announcers were like, "This is terribly risky," and I was like, "He's got it."

Geneaut likes this

6 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

Just reached out to Melisa Bryant she said he’s having a mri this morning but he doesn’t think it will be anything serious. Might miss couple of weeks.

Did she say how the twins were getting along?

30 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I have a bad feeling that we just saw the last kick of his career. 

Hope not but he’s not a spring chicken anymore

17 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

Just reached out to Melisa Bryant she said he’s having a mri this morning but he doesn’t think it will be anything serious. Might miss couple of weeks.

I hope that's the case, but that looked like a pulled/torn hamstring. That may take a while to heal for a 43-year-old. 

My heart dropped when I saw Bosher turn back ready to celebrate with his bro and he was in pain. 

17 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I hope that's the case, but that looked like a pulled/torn hamstring. That may take a while to heal for a 43-year-old. 

Took me three months at age 23 and still wasn’t right. Almost 20 years later still have a lump where it tore. Hopefully it’s a minor tear or pull. He could kick another year or two. We kept Andersen around even when his range was ~45 yards.  

22 minutes ago, ICD said:

My heart dropped when I saw Bosher turn back ready to celebrate with his bro and he was in pain. 

Same here. Bosh was totally engaged watching the kick go through the uprights and Matt had already turned toward the sidelines because 1. He's in pain 2. He knew he nailed it. 

3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Same here. Bosh was totally engaged watching the kick go through the uprights and Matt had already turned toward the sidelines because 1. He's in pain 2. He knew he nailed it. 

This is what I was expecting 

image.jpeg.ec0cb33f26026cb58b64d321ca7e5db4.jpeg