Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude any player that doesn't get to play immediatly is gonna be salty if they feel they're better but it doesn't gurantee they'll cause problems. Even a leader could feel like he should be playing when he's not. Get out of here.

Instead of crying about it, they should work harder and make the coach have no choice but to play them.  These kids get so much recognition as high schoolers and are told how great they are, that they can't comprehend the fact that in college, they are now up against guys who also were the best on their own hs team, class level, state and even position.  Work hard and your time will come.  Entitled kids can often make for issues.  Lots of kids have to do a lot of growing up when they get to college, because things that came easy to them in hs, are a lot harder at the next level.

Bdawg58 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread now has 1000 replies... I would be curious how much of that was dedicated to whining about this nonsense... Maybe time to let it drop kiddos. And frankly, if I'm telling you that your argument is bogged down in minutia, semantics, and nonsense that's saying something. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carter said:

Idk but Florida suuuuuucks!!!

If you haven't yet taken the opportunity, go read a UF message board or two... Sunshine abounds about their 19 point loss and how much better Dan Mullen is than Kirby.

Couple of goodies from the Rant:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/gator-sports/remember-gator-fans/79762216/

https://www.secrant.com/rant/gator-sports/uga-isnt-19-points-better/79758473/

Carter and putnam6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

If you haven't yet taken the opportunity, go read a UF message board or two... Sunshine abounds about their 19 point loss and how much better Dan Mullen is than Kirby.

Couple of goodies from the Rant:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/gator-sports/remember-gator-fans/79762216/

https://www.secrant.com/rant/gator-sports/uga-isnt-19-points-better/79758473/

Well thats one thing before Kirby had a lot of sucky Saturdays in November and even though think even CMR could have spanked these last two Gator tams, CMR had plenty of times he should have competed in but didnt. Hale so did CRG and CJD. As far as the platitudes for their new "ball coach" seem to remember them same thoughts when they brought in Dumb and Dumber the M&M boys and found out they melted in that hot Gainesville sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

REM called it

 

I’ve got dog tags too by the way. Go Navy! ‘93 to 97’. USS Roanoke. Decommissioning crew. Then US Naval Air Station Whidbey Island Washington. Word. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept wondering why we refused to account for Zuniga, even after he continued to wreck our running game. Play after play, after play....  after play....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Carter said:

Grantham likes to blitz a lot and lose by multiple touchdowns. 

This. At some point, you accept that the blitz is going to get you some, but you'll likely benefit as a result of them as well... see: 3rd down success, all 4 TDs, etc...

I think the goal line offense was not our best look, but I just don't think they realistically believed he could get there before we punched it in every time... unfortunately, the middle of our OL was getting stonewalled which left everyone farther in the backfield, thus Zuniga made the play. Film for the coaches to review and get better/smarter one would hope. If I ever see that big of a cluster from the 1 again on that many plays, Chaney can kick rocks because it means he didn't learn anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

This. At some point, you accept that the blitz is going to get you some, but you'll likely benefit as a result of them as well... see: 3rd down success, all 4 TDs, etc...

I think the goal line offense was not our best look, but I just don't think they realistically believed he could get there before we punched it in every time... unfortunately, the middle of our OL was getting stonewalled which left everyone farther in the backfield, thus Zuniga made the play. Film for the coaches to review and get better/smarter one would hope. If I ever see that big of a cluster from the 1 again on that many plays, Chaney can kick rocks because it means he didn't learn anything.

I just believe fundamentally in short yardage and goal line, it is just easier to run if you spread out the defense  - the more you bunch in, the harder it is to run for offense and easier it is for defense to penetrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I just believe fundamentally in short yardage and goal line, it is just easier to run if you spread out the defense  - the more you bunch in, the harder it is to run for offense and easier it is for defense to penetrate.

I agree. Particularly when your OL is man for man better than the guy in front of them. By bunching up, it plays into the favor of the less talented LOS, because you can then overwhelm with numbers and have tighter fits for the LB/DBs that push up and in. I wonder if we would have played that differently with Ben Cleveland in?

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, Carter said:

Zero snaps for Justin Fields. Kirby sending a big F YOU to all the fans critical of him sticking so much to Fromm. :lol: 

Would have loved to seen Fields get in the game but I’m so happy for Fromm that he killed it today and we put a beating on those **** Gators!

And Justin sent a big F YOU back to Kirby and you fans who thought he was dumb enough to sit on the bench two more years...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

And Justin sent a big F YOU back to Kirby and you fans who thought he was dumb enough to sit on the bench two more years...:lol:

You thought this was funny enough to post twice?

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now