Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

If you have Facebook you need to watch Rusty Mansell’s Facebook live he did Sunday. He straight up said there isn’t one recruit that won’t come to UGA because of the Fields situation. Haselwood will end up at UGA if they can show him how he will be used in the passing game but if doesn’t come it won’t have anything to do with Fields

Yeah and John Emery decommitted because of the depth chart. 

How many commits or recruits do you think are lining up to put it out in the media that they think the coaching staff is screwing up by not playing a particular player - especially at QB? Haselwood said he wanted to see more downfield throws and thought Fields could do a better job at a time when Fromm was struggling to hit anything downfield and a bunch of people started screaming about letting him go cuz he’s trying to demand the coaches change the whole offense. 

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona btw.

g-dawg and Billy Ocean like this

12 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Give me a team of leaders over a team of followers every day all day

A team needs leaders and a team needs followers. Too many chiefs not enough Indians is a recipe for disaster honestly. But this is an incredibly simplistic way of talking about it and pretty naive to think quality players don’t go somewhere primarily to play with a certain player. 

Billy Ocean and Ovie_Lover like this

18 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Give me a team of leaders over a team of followers every day all day

An entire team of leaders isn't gonna work just like an entire team of followers wouldn't. You need a balance dude. One ultra talented guy that's here to play with his friend is only going to help.

g-dawg and Macknsweetjones like this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah and John Emery decommitted because of the depth chart. 

How many commits or recruits do you think are lining up to put it out in the media that they think the coaching staff is screwing up by not playing a particular player - especially at QB? Haselwood said he wanted to see more downfield throws and thought Fields could do a better job at a time when Fromm was struggling to hit anything downfield and a bunch of people started screaming about letting him go cuz he’s trying to demand the coaches change the whole offense. 

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona btw.

The only thing Rusty was adamant about was that the Fields decision wasn’t a factor. Rusty is generally reliable on GA kids. I trust his sources (who usually are other recruits) 

The Emery situation is a weird situation and Rusty was less confident about it.  

Turkeydawg likes this

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

A team needs leaders and a team needs followers. Too many chiefs not enough Indians is a recipe for disaster honestly. But this is an incredibly simplistic way of talking about it and pretty naive to think quality players don’t go somewhere primarily to play with a certain player. 

Also pretty naive to think that one player makes a team.. but to each their own I guess

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

An entire team of leaders isn't gonna work just like an entire team of followers wouldn't. You need a balance dude. One ultra talented guy that's here to play with his friend is only going to help.

Understood.. but I’d rather a team of players looking to play for the university that one looking to play with another.. what happens if that one doesn’t play immediately? Is it gonna affect the others players attitude? I lean towards yes it will..

Edited by TheTrue7

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Also pretty naive to think that one player makes a team.. but to each their own I guess

:lol: 

You’re a mind reader now? I didn’t say anything close to “one player makes a team.”

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Understood.. but I’d rather a team of players looking to play for the university that one looking to play with another.. what happens if that one doesn’t play immediately? Is it gonna affect the others players attitude? I lean towards yes it will..

Isaiah McKenzie only went to UGA to play with Sony Michel. He never visited campus even once. He sure was a cancer to the team wasn’t he. Stop trying to make arguments in absolutes my dude, please. 

Just now, Carter said:

:lol: 

You’re a mind reader now? I didn’t say anything close to “one player makes a team.”

Guess that last sentence of your previous post made it seem as if you were insinuating such.. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Understood.. but I’d rather a team of players looking to play for the university that one looking to play with another.. what happens if that one doesn’t play immediately? Is it gonna affect that that players attitude? I lean towards yes it will..

Dude any player that doesn't get to play immediatly is gonna be salty if they feel they're better but it doesn't gurantee they'll cause problems. Even a leader could feel like he should be playing when he's not. Get out of here.

Just now, Carter said:

Isaiah McKenzie only went to UGA to play with Sony Michel. He never visited campus even once. He sure was a cancer to the team wasn’t he. Stop trying to make arguments in absolutes my dude, please. 

Are you now comparing IM to JH? 

Im just saying that I’m not willing to complain because Jfields lack of PT is preventing us from getting JH.. I’m ok if he doesn’t want to come here because a player isn’t getting much PT.. I trust the coaches’ decision over a HS players’.. my .02

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Guess that last sentence of your previous post made it seem as if you were insinuating such.. 

"But this is an incredibly simplistic way of talking about it and pretty naive to think quality players don’t go somewhere primarily to play with a certain player. "

How did you get your opinion out of that?

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude any player that doesn't get to play immediatly is gonna be salty if they feel they're better but it doesn't gurantee they'll cause problems. Even a leader could feel like he should be playing when he's not. Get out of here.

Maybe he should use it more as motivation, instead of being in your words “salty”.. and thanks, but I think I’ll stay.. 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Maybe he should use it more as motivation, instead of being in your words “salty”.. and thanks, but I think I’ll stay.. 

They do genius? That's why they don't cause problems how do you not get this? Do you really need every single detail explained to you?

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

"But this is an incredibly simplistic way of talking about it and pretty naive to think quality players don’t go somewhere primarily to play with a certain player. "

How did you get your opinion out of that?

One player makes a team vs naive to think quality players don’t go somewhere primarily to play with a certain player? 

Ok? 

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’d rather have someone that wants to play for the team yea.. 

Makes no sense.  Fields does want to PLAY for Georgia.

Do you mean you would rather have someone that wants to hold the clipboard for Georgia?

Macknsweetjones likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

They do genius? That's why they don't cause problems how do you not get this? Do you really need every single detail explained to you?

Are you always like this? Because people have different opinions, you feel the need to insinuate a lack of intellect? Seriously? Rumors don’t come out of thin air..

Just now, g-dawg said:

Do you mean you would rather have someone that wants to hold the clipboard for Georgia?

Fields isn’t the one I’m talking about.. but you guys are jumping to conclusions again.. go figure 

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Pretty sure True7 is talking Hazelwood not Fields  

TheTrue7 likes this

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Are you now comparing IM to JH? 

Im just saying that I’m not willing to complain because Jfields lack of PT is preventing us from getting JH.. I’m ok if he doesn’t want to come here because a player isn’t getting much PT.. I trust the coaches’ decision over a HS players’.. my .02

Did I compare McKenzie to Haselwood?

Really confused how you even come to that thought based on anything at all that has been said here. I gave you an example of a great player that signed with UGA sight unseen 2 days after he got offered because his friend was coming here. You’re the one making assumptions about such a player having expectations and demands of their friend’s playing time.

Of course it’s not as simple as Fields not playing for Haselwood. That was something he barely even mentioned in that interview, but it was something worth noting. Winning solves a lot of things. Fromm settling in to play his best game against UF goes a long way toward calming those waters. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Pretty sure True7 is talking Hazelwood not Fields  

Fairly certain if we didn’t want Haselwood that Bama would take him.  

Some of this good ol’ boy philosophy is getting old.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, Carter said:

Did I compare McKenzie to Haselwood?

Really confused how you even come to that thought based on anything at all that has been said here. I gave you an example of a great player that signed with UGA sight unseen 2 days after he got offered because his friend was coming here. You’re the one making assumptions about such a player having expectations and demands of their friend’s playing time.

Of course it’s not as simple as Fields not playing for Haselwood. That was something he barely even mentioned in that interview, but it was something worth noting. Winning solves a lot of things. Fromm settling in to play his best game against UF goes a long way toward calming those waters. 

You brought him up.. sorry if I misread that.. 

but it’s been said many times that JH’s decision is basically connected to JFields lack of PT.. 

I DO BELIEVE JFIELDS SHOULD HAVE MORE PT.. but I don’t believe that should come based of JH choosing whether or not to come.. that’s my point..

16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You brought him up.. sorry if I misread that.. 

but it’s been said many times that JH’s decision is basically connected to JFields lack of PT.. 

I DO BELIEVE JFIELDS SHOULD HAVE MORE PT.. but I don’t believe that should come based of JH choosing whether or not to come.. that’s my point..

It is connected. If Fields told him he was 100% transferring then I don’t think Haselwood would even be entertaining the Dawgs still. But that goes deeper than just playing time on Saturdays. I have no doubt that he and Fields had conversations about frustrating things at UGA though. Haselwood told everyone all during the day he was visiting that he was solid... hangs out with Fields that evening and then decommits like 2 or 3 days later. I know for a fact that coaches were stunned.

As far as your last point... I mean I think we are past that. It’s only really a problem to begin with if the offense is struggling and Fromm isn’t getting it done. The decision for Fields to play or not was never going to be based on Haselwood anyway. I think all anyone ever tried to point out is that the offense struggling and the failure to give Fields more playing time is what has pushed him away. Richt and Miami gave him a lot to think about too though. It’s not as simple as Fields playing or not. Never was. 

Edited by Carter
Ovie_Lover and g-dawg like this

Kids don’t come to a certain college to play their hearts out for 4 years, get a degree and move on with their lives. That’s purely a fan’s myopic view of the way things work. There are some kids that still have that mentality but most kids these days, at least those in the JH talent level, pick a college for a mixture of several different reasons. A lot of that revolves around an opportunity to play in the NFL. It’s the coaches job to sell a kid on opportunity, lifestyle, atmosphere and anything else they are interested in. 

If JH thinks JF will improve his chances to make it to the nfl and, in turn, improve his overall quality of life how can you blame the kid. At this point in life he owes nothing to the university of Georgia or its fans in terms of loyalty. 

I want kids who are motivated to play to their maximum potential whether that’s to make millions of for a letterman patch.