Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Is he trying to get suspended?

Fromm said on that goal line series he was also choked. 

I mean I know dirty stuff happens in the pile but the Gators aren’t even remotely shy about it. Then they can’t even acknowledge the team that beat them soundly two years in a row. Classy bunch. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Fromm said on that goal line series he was also choked. 

I mean I know dirty stuff happens in the pile but the Gators aren’t even remotely shy about it. Then they can’t even acknowledge the team that beat them soundly two years in a row. Classy bunch. 

Florida players generally seem entitled as ****, I know a lot of them grew up during the Tebow years, but all of the talk prior to the game last season was hilarious considering how inept that Gator teams was. Now all of the talking this year after a 19 point loss is just absurd - their claim is that they have the better team but they lost because they didn't execute and turned the ball over, well that's part of the game, good teams execute and don't turn the ball over. Ridiculous. 

Mullen seems content letting his players do or say whatever they want though, which isn't surprising considering the way he handled his players at State (Jefferey Simmons). I'm just glad that Kirby has put the lid on that kind of nonsense, I'd be seriously annoyed if our players were saying stuff like that after the LSU game. 

Edited by Lennon
ncgodawgs, Carter, sdogg and 1 other like this

13 minutes ago, Lennon said:

Florida players generally seem entitled as ****, I know a lot of them grew up during the Tebow years, but all of the talk prior to the game last season was hilarious considering how inept that Gator teams was. Now all of the talking this year after a 19 point loss is just absurd - their claim is that they have the better team but they lost because they didn't execute and turned the ball over, well that's part of the game, good teams execute and don't turn the ball over. Ridiculous. 

Mullen seems content letting his players do and say whatever they want though, which isn't surprising considering the way he handled his players at State (Jefferey Simmons). I'm just glad that Kirby has put the lid on that kind of nonsense, I'd be seriously annoyed if our players were saying stuff like that after the LSU game. 

You can see it in Mullen’s post game presser. He gave no credit to UGA and took a shot at Justin Fields not playing in the game. You can see it in his consistently poor recruiting. You can see it in the fact he was called for unsportsmanlike conduct. The head coach! He got in a shouting match with Derek Mason and nearly egged on a friggin brawl between the two teams when they played Vandy!

He’s a good coach on pure X’s and O’s, a very good offensive mind, but he’s not great and Florida is always going to be “good, not great” while he’s there. Florida fans and players are happy they only lost by 19 this year and that comes from the head man. So many people thought he’d be great at Florida because he had a few good, not great, seasons at Mississippi State. Well. He’s a good, not great, coach. Kirby has proven to be elite already. Mullen will be gone in 3 or 4 years. 

BrunswickOVO, sdogg and Lennon like this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

You can see it in Mullen’s post game presser. He gave no credit to UGA and took a shot at Justin Fields not playing in the game. You can see it in his consistently poor recruiting. You can see it in the fact he was called for unsportsmanlike conduct. The head coach! He got in a shouting match with Derek Mason and nearly egged on a friggin brawl between the two teams! 

He’s a good coach on pure X’s and O’s, a very good offensive mind, but he’s not great and Florida is always going to be “good, not great” while he’s there. Florida fans and players are happy they only lost by 19 this year and that comes from the head man. So many people thought he’d be great at Florida because he had a few good, not great, seasons at Mississippi State. Well. He’s a good, not great, coach. Kirby has proven to be elite already. Mullen will be gone in 3 or 4 years. 

The only thing he's proven to be great at is being a ****.

BrunswickOVO, Carter and sdogg like this

CFB Overtime: Georgia makes statement with dominant WLOCP win. 

Kirby Smart came off the field following a 36-17 win over No. 9 Florida with a message to send.

“Everybody questioned these kids, and all we did is work,” Smart told CBS.

Here, “everybody” includes Smart. In the aftermath of Georgia’s blowout loss to LSU two weeks ago, Smart called out his defensive line and said the Bulldogs got outmuscled by the Tigers. Jake Fromm, the team’s star QB, had the worst performance of his career that afternoon, leading many to wonder if Justin Fields’ time had come.

Georgia responded emphatically against the Gators, mostly dominating the game as its defense swarmed. Florida managed 275 yards of offense compared to 429 for Georgia, and the Gators turned the ball over three times. Fromm did what he’s always done in his Bulldogs career: deliver smart and efficient quarterback play, finishing 17-for-24 with three touchdowns.

With the win, the Bulldogs corralled a rising rival. They also, as Smart told his players leaving the field two weeks ago, kept all of their goals in front of them.

For Georgia, it’s a situation similar to last year, when Auburn blasted the No. 1 Bulldogs 40-17 after a 9-0 start, leading many to think the Bulldogs would fall out of the SEC race. We all know how that ended. Will the same thing happen for 2018’s No. 2 team? It’s tough to say. Alabama looks to be a clear No. 1 in the SEC, and this Georgia team features weakness (the defensive front, stopping the run) last year’s unit did not.

If the Bulldogs can beat Kentucky on the road next week (they’ll be heavy favorites) the SEC East is all but locked up. In that case, we’ll likely get Georgia v. Alabama for the second time in just over a year.

A quick note on Florida: The Gators are out of the College Football Playoff picture and the SEC East race in 2018, but you’ve got to acknowledge how much better Dan Mullen’s made the Gators in just one year. Florida (6-2) could easily finish the regular season with 10 wins. If Mullen can recruit (the Gators rank just 22nd nationally in 2019) these Florida-Georgia clashes could be fun for years to come.

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

If Mullen can recruit (the Gators rank just 22nd nationally in 2019) these Florida-Georgia clashes could be fun for years to come.

Too bad he can’t. :lol: 

This was their best chance to get a win for the foreseeable future. This is the most inexperienced team Kirby will ever field at Georgia. All that young elite talent he has brought in is only going to get better and start playing more. 

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Too bad he can’t. :lol: 

This was their best chance to get a win for the foreseeable future. This is the most inexperienced team Kirby will ever field at Georgia. All that young elite talent he has brought in is only going to get better and start playing more. 

That's what cracks me up about these idiot FL fans talking about wait a few more recruiting cycles and it will be an even matchup again. 

Whut? LOL... The talent divide is only going to get worse for them going forward. As you say, this is the least talented and most inexperienced UGA team for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I can’t realky enjoy this win...that first half was pathetic on offense ...I’m not letting it slide because we won. 

I am kind of where you are.  As much as I want to enjoy this season as we are having a good one so far - just very frustrated with some of what is going on defensively and with Justin Fields.  Hopefully he stays - if he transfers and we don’t get Haselwood back then the program will lose some momentum and those two specific players are so good that it could cost us a Natty.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am kind of where you are.  As much as I want to enjoy this season as we are having a good one so far - just very frustrated with some of what is going on defensively and with Justin Fields.  Hopefully he stays - if he transfers and we don’t get Haselwood back then the program will lose some momentum and those two specific players are so good that it could cost us a Natty.

Just enjoy the win and shelve the Fields talk.  We all want him to play more, but it is what it is.  We have no clue if either QB would transfer and if it would have any affect on us losing a player because of it.  If Haselwood truly has hitched his wagon to Fields, then he should be signing with UGA when the time comes.  On to Kentucky. 

57 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Just enjoy the win and shelve the Fields talk.  We all want him to play more, but it is what it is.  We have no clue if either QB would transfer and if it would have any affect on us losing a player because of it.  If Haselwood truly has hitched his wagon to Fields, then he should be signing with UGA when the time comes.  On to Kentucky. 

May not be a liked opinion, but I don’t necessarily want someone that wants to play for another player.. I want someone who wants to play for UGA.. 

Bdawg58 and sdogg like this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

May not be a liked opinion, but I don’t necessarily want someone that wants to play for another player.. I want someone who wants to play for UGA.. 

Why? 

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If you have Facebook you need to watch Rusty Mansell’s Facebook live he did Sunday. He straight up said there isn’t one recruit that won’t come to UGA because of the Fields situation. Haselwood will end up at UGA if they can show him how he will be used in the passing game but if doesn’t come it won’t have anything to do with Fields

Turkeydawg likes this

28 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Why? 

Why do I think my opinion won't be liked by some? Because not everyone shares the same opinion..

Why don't I want a player that wants to play for another player? Because we're not the University of ________ (insert player's name here)

Why do I want someone that wants to play for UGA? Because that's where the LOI is stating...

UGA is bigger than 1 player... :shrug:

Edited by TheTrue7
sdogg, Turkeydawg, 95Dawg and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Why do I think my opinion won't be liked by some? Because not everyone shares the same opinion..

Why don't I want a player that wants to play for another player? Because we're not the University of ________ (insert player's name here)

Why do I want someone that wants to play for UGA? Because that's where the LOI is stating...

UGA is bigger than 1 player... :shrug:

So you'd rather have a lesser player that wants to be at UGA vs more talented player that just wants to play with his friend?

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

So you'd rather have a lesser player that wants to be at UGA vs more talented player that just wants to play with his friend?

I’d rather have someone that wants to play for the team yea..