Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Florida is going to be extremely annoying when they are good again

When's that going to be? The best players on the team we faced yesterday are juniors and seniors. Mullen currently has a class ranked 22nd in the country and coming on the heels of a 14th ranked class. He's a decent coach but he can't recruit enough to compete with the elite teams.

tl;dr and sdogg like this

5 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

He was 3/5 with a nice td pass before that drive.  I have a hard time saying he wasn’t playing very good before then.

I should rephrase:  the offense was not moving the ball or playing very well until the last drive of 1st half.  We had several turnovers and short fields and didn’t convert.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

The Gators are already annoying, lol they have always been annoying and obnoxious lol. Spend some time on Swamp Gas forums concensus is Dawgs arent that good, CKS isnt that good CDM is much better, much rather see Georgia get creamed by Bama than have the Gators play Bama. Such gems like if Georgia wouldnt have scored those first 10 points the Gators would have won. etc.etc.etc. but they would be happy to play UCF in a bowl game lol.

95Dawg, Carter, ncgodawgs and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, putnam6 said:

The Gators are already annoying, lol they have always been annoying and obnoxious lol. Spend some time on Swamp Gas forums concensus is Dawgs arent that good, CKS isnt that good CDM is much better, much rather see Georgia get creamed by Bama than have the Gators play Bama. Such gems like if Georgia wouldnt have scored those first 10 points the Gators would have won. etc.etc.etc. but they would be happy to play UCF in a bowl game lol.

So they've become GT which makes them irrelevant.

20 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well, then, that makes a major difference. That is a case where 1 guy can make a huge difference. I retract my previous statement.

God doesn't make very many men who stand 6'6 340lbs with under 20 body fat.

8773067.jpg

2 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Wow that was awesome!! We were one section over from the band. I have no voice today but completely worth it. I would post some pics but this site has a .5mb size limit.

Post them to a free image hosting site and post the link

39 minutes ago, Ransack said:

God doesn't make very many men who stand 6'6 340lbs with under 20 body fat.

8773067.jpg

that is awesome.. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Mullen made a comment in his rather unprofessional post game presser about “our freshman QB did better than theirs.”

Dan Mullen, sit down sir. 

yep mullen took a shot at fields in that press conference.. bush league bs from him. 

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Mullen made a comment in his rather unprofessional post game presser about “our freshman QB did better than theirs.”

Dan Mullen, sit down sir. 

I hope Mr Fields gets to show he’s a much better sophomore and run up the score against Mullen’s sophomore next year. 

Team please keep that response for next year. 

sdogg likes this

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep mullen took a shot at fields in that press conference.. bush league bs from him. 

Dan Mullen being Dan mullen with his Uncle Eddie Lookin a.ss

And I think Kirby was caught saying “f these mf’ers” while running off the field. Oh you Kirby Smart.

Don’t think there’s any love lost between Kirby and Mullen. There’s also that jackhole Grantham who just loves to act like an idiot. Pretty sure I remember him taunting Florida’s kicker one time while at UGA lol

g-dawg and datboilando like this

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

And I think Kirby was caught saying “f these mf’ers” while running off the field. Oh you Kirby Smart.

Don’t think there’s any love lost between Kirby and Mullen. There’s also that jackhole Grantham who just loves to act like an idiot. Pretty sure I remember him taunting Florida’s kicker one time while at UGA lol

Carter likes this

Bulldog Bob is as credible as an insider gets and he is big on brevity. His posts are rarely more than a sentence or two. He shared something earlier today though that spoke volumes.

Started a thread entitled “Something very important happened yesterday”

The message?

Leadership! Coaches are ecstatic about this.”

I think this is something we have talked about lacking with this team compared to last year in particular. You could see a big difference in this UGA team yesterday, especially in the 2nd half.

Cant wait to see how we show up and play at Kentucky. Hopefully this team is getting it together and gets hot at just the right time and we ride this to another national title game. Hopefully!

41 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

I hope Mr Fields gets to show he’s a much better sophomore and run up the score against Mullen’s sophomore next year. 

Team please keep that response for next year. 

Good job, Gomer Mullin.  If Fields transfers, he just crossed the Gators off his list.

sdogg likes this

31 minutes ago, Carter said:

I watched entire Mullen post game presser.  Barely even mentioned UGA team or their play at all.  He has no class.   

I would rather lose to Boom or Pruitt than Mullen.   Looks like Mullen went to the UF Spurrier School of Journalism.

ATHENS — The Georgia-Florida game scored as the highest-rated afternoon game of the season on any network, according to a CBS Sports release.

The Bulldogs’ 36-17 win over the Gators featured a rivalry matchup of Top 10 teams, and the hometown markets responded, with Jacksonville and Atlanta among the top three markets for the game.

CBS sports said the game received a 4.5/10 average household share, up 105 percent over last year in the metered markets. The game peaked with a 5.3/12 from 6-6:30 p.m.

Here are the Top 10 markets for this season’s Georgia-Florida game:

1) Jacksonville 29.7/48

2) Birmingham 22.0/35

3) Atlanta 21.1/42

4) Knoxville 14.8/26

5) Nashville 12.3/22

6) Greenville/Spartanburg 12.1/22

7) New Orleans 11.4/20

8) Orlando 9.5/22

9) Tampa 9.3/20

10) West Palm Beach 8.2/17

It’s the second time this season Georgia has been a part of the highest rated game. The Bulldogs battle at LSU on Oct. 13 peaked with a 4.5/10 share from 6-6:30 pm. on that Louisiana afternoon.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

...sorry, can’t edit the title :tiphat:

Let's add a little perspective to this Win the last 2 years under Kirby/Chaney (yeah some stupid calls but wait for it).

We scored 78 points.

The last time UGA scored 78 or more points in two games in a row against FL....1942 & 1944 (43 no game) and that is only because of the crazy 75 points scored in 42.

So yeah it feels GOOD!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida–Georgia_football_rivalry

Carter, sdogg, Ransack and 3 others like this