Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I agree.   I expected FROMM to play better today and get majority of snaps. 

I also expected FIELDS to get a few drives in 1st half.

At this point, it seems it is what it is - no plan for significant time for FIELDS unless FROMM is injured or we are up 30points at halftime.

My main goal at this point is just hoping Justin stays with us next year.  2018 looks like a wrap.

Is there a particular reason you're typing their names in all caps?

Just now, g-dawg said:

What about Fields attitude and acceptance of the lack of playing time.  Do you think he sticks for 2019 with the Dawgs?

Fields has a good attitude right now and he and his family understand it's not his time yet to play.. will he be here for 2019?  i wish i could answer that, but right now both him and his family have told others who have talked to them they are fine with how things are going.. is that truth or just not wanting to cause issues who knows.. the bottom line the coaches have to play who they feel they have the best chance to win and they decided to ride fromm and it was the right call today. 

14 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

They won because they’re learning to expect to win. Not by showing up but hard work and determination. That is demanded. Work hard. Do your job and physically beat the man in front of you. Doesn’t hurt that UGA has a bunch of young studs playing. Recruiting is huge. The Dawgs will be in the conversation the next 2 decades and more. Get used to it. Start expecting it!  

it was so nice to get that win today.. gator players and fans have been talking soooo much smack after we lost to lsu.. it's been nice delivering crow tonight.. lol 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

it was so nice to get that win today.. gator players and fans have been talking soooo much smack after we lost to lsu.. it's been nice delivering crow tonight.. lol 

Yes it is nice! The true Dawgs showed up this weekend. This is the real Georgia Bulldogs. Florida can suck it and eat their hearts out. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

Fields has a good attitude right now and he and his family understand it's not his time yet to play.. will he be here for 2019?  i wish i could answer that, but right now both him and his family have told others who have talked to them they are fine with how things are going.. is that truth or just not wanting to cause issues who knows.. the bottom line the coaches have to play who they feel they have the best chance to win and they decided to ride fromm and it was the right call today. 

YES, definitely was the right call today.   Probably right call for UK next week as well in hostile road game.

Would look for FIELDS to get some time in last three home games vs AU, UMASS and GT.

11 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Yes it is nice! The true Dawgs showed up this weekend. This is the real Georgia Bulldogs. Florida can suck it and eat their hearts out. 

nlu2l.jpg

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Is there a particular reason you're typing their names in all caps?

I think I originally did it so names would stand out and now when I type on phone and start those names it automatically puts in caps.  

Why? Is it annoying?:lol:

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think I originally did it so names would stand out and now when I type on phone and start those names it automatically puts in caps.  

Why? Is it annoying?:lol:

Only mildly. LOL

g-dawg likes this

Dan Mullen is such a Gomer

Really gave almost no credit to Georgia at all - not even sure he said the name of his opponent at all. I realize 90% of a postgame presser is talking about your own team but with Mullen it was 99.9%.

2 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

What was up with us suddenly discovering that we have TE's?   I know Kirby will say, "It's just what was open guys"

Probably Grantham saw we never throw to TEs and decided to just not cover them.

Florida had both their starting CBs out of the game in 2nd half - that might have had something to do with it, I guess.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's my take away from the game, Georgia is going to have to sure up their short yardage offense. The way their OL was completely dominated by Florida in short yardage situations was insane. Outside of that Georgia completely dominated all other facets of the game. But that short yardage situation and having to settle for field goals made this game a whole lot closer than it ever should have been. This game should have been a 40 or 50 point blow out. You get those early turnovers the way they did and if you score TD's off them instead of field goals and this game is over at halftime.

I think this Georgia offense and offensive line in particular will look completely different when we get healthy and get Cleveland back. 

He sparked the line last year and hopefully when he gets back he'll do it again

Just now, UAB_DAWG said:

I think this Georgia offense and offensive line in particular will look completely different when we get healthy and get Cleveland back. 

He sparked the line last year and hopefully when he gets back he'll do it again

I don't see how 1 guy can make that big of a difference.

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

When it comes to the Oline 1 def can make a difference 

If 1 guy was the weakness. But the entire line is struggling.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Fromm looked pretty **** good today. Looked like the guy from last year. Huge improvement over the LSU game.

I just realized, Alabama, LSU, and your Auburn Tigers were all on a bye this week. It's rare when all 3 major SEC West teams are on a bye like that. 

5 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I just realized, Alabama, LSU, and your Auburn Tigers were all on a bye this week. It's rare when all 3 major SEC West teams are on a bye like that. 

Alabama and LSU are always on bye the week before they play each other just like Florida and Georgia are always on bye the week before they play each other. This just happened to be Auburn's week off.

mqg96 and fibonaccisquared like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alabama and LSU are always on bye the week before they play each other just like Florida and Georgia are always on bye the week before they play each other. This just happened to be Auburn's week off.

I knew that with Alabama and LSU, but I just had never seen Auburn off the same week as Alabama and LSU before. I would always think Auburn gets a bye before LSU or even UGA, the problem is that LSU is so early in the year while Georgia and Alabama are always late in the year for y'all, and IMO it's beneficial to get the bye in the middle of the season instead of having it unbalanced.