Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

Yea Grantham went bugchit on the sidelines after Fromm's TD pass. I just thought it was in poor taste their defense kept them in the game it took an excellent pass and route to get Godwin open. If anything you could question the play calling on that play as defensively it was played well , it was Jake/Godwin finding the weakness in it.

33 minutes ago, oztin said:

I'm happy that we won the game tonight but I'm seriously thinking its time to move on from Jim Chaney. Bad play calls most of last game and early in this one. On the year it been our talent not our play calls thats been leading us to victory.

When they ran those jet sweeps I started thinking that Steve Sarkisian was calling the plays since the Falcons have a bye.

I'm emotional right now! We finally did it! First win over an AP top 10 Florida team since 2012, we've proven that we can beat the good Florida teams too!

Kirby Smart is now officially to Florida how Steve Spurrier was to our DAWGS back in the day!

I see a different Georgia team motivated against the Gators in Jacksonville that we never saw with Mark Richt or previous UGA coaches! Jake Fromm came up big and responded to adversity!

This is the game Jake Fromm needed big time, and we can officially say, our first UGA QB starting for 2 full seasons since Aaron Murray! We needed that!

Justin Fields will get his chance one day, I know he will, and it will payoff when the time comes.

Anyways, let's just celebrate another double digit win over the Gators, haven't beaten Florida by double digits 2 years in a row since 1987 and 1988!

Still wasn't a perfect game despite the HUGE win, and we got a big game over Kentucky next week. We may not get back to the CFP this year with the young sloppy team we have, but I'll take a New Years 6 Bowl this year and I'll be satisfied.

I don't care how we won.. Beating a top 10 florida team is freaking awesome!!!  We now own this series with the Gators.. They can shut up about any series domination.  I have been hearing that freaking nonsense for years.  5 out of the last 8 and 2 in a row.  These Dawgs own Jacksonville now!!!  19 point win and this will be our weakest team for some time.. Go Dawgs!!!

1 hour ago, mike teevee said:

I think most people aren’t anti-Fromm. They are just pro letting Fields have a shot. I’m a huge Fromm fan and I am happy he showed what he can do finally  

I still think our offense can only top out at 8/10 with Fromm back there... which is good enough to beat most teams, but I think Fields, based on his skill set, can eventually give us a better offense. 

I agree.   2017 UGA team was special in all areas with Roquan and the defense and the two best RBs in the country outside Saquon, on the same team.   Jake was plenty good enough with that team to win a Natty - not sure we are going to not only be that talented but have that combo of talent /leadership again.

To win a Natty without leaders plus superior talent across the board, we really need that added dimension that Justin can bring.

I am starting to worry that FIELDS May start planning his exit - really hope that doesn’t happen.

If he does go, Kirby should let him go wherever he wants.   My guess is he would want to go to Auburn or LSU.

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

3rd and Grantham..  love it. 

Sac, since you are plugged in, what are you hearing about FIELDS behind the scenes.  Do the coaches have any issues with him?  Is he a poor leader? complainer?  Any reason other than Fromm just is the veteran it knows the playbook more or the traditional vanilla reasons?

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't care how we won.. Beating a top 10 florida team is freaking awesome!!!  We now own this series with the Gators.. They can shut up about any series domination.  I have been hearing that freaking nonsense for years.  5 out of the last 8 and 2 in a row.  These Dawgs own Jacksonville now!!!  19 point win and this will be our weakest team for some time.. Go Dawgs!!!

They won because they’re learning to expect to win. Not by showing up but hard work and determination. That is demanded. Work hard. Do your job and physically beat the man in front of you. Doesn’t hurt that UGA has a bunch of young studs playing. Recruiting is huge. The Dawgs will be in the conversation the next 2 decades and more. Get used to it. Start expecting it!  

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Sac, since you are plugged in, what are you hearing about FIELDS behind the scenes.  Do the coaches have any issues with him?  Is he a poor leader? complainer?  Any reason other than Fromm just is the veteran it knows the playbook more or the traditional vanilla reasons?

Dude. He’s not the guy right now. That’s it. That’s all. Fromm is the best chance to win. That’s what’s up. It’s all about winning. They win with Fromm and other players. That’s it. 

Here's my take away from the game, Georgia is going to have to sure up their short yardage offense. The way their OL was completely dominated by Florida in short yardage situations was insane. Outside of that Georgia completely dominated all other facets of the game. But that short yardage situation and having to settle for field goals made this game a whole lot closer than it ever should have been. This game should have been a 40 or 50 point blow out. You get those early turnovers the way they did and if you score TD's off them instead of field goals and this game is over at halftime.

fibonaccisquared, g-dawg and mqg96 like this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fromm looked pretty **** good today. Looked like the guy from last year. Huge improvement over the LSU game.

SacFalcFan, mqg96 and g-dawg like this

Tackling was still horrible in this game.   Just awful.  It was like Gator ball carriers were dripped in grease.

How can a Kirby coached team be this bad at tackling?

If you have a 247 subscription you gotta read the gator board article "recruit thoughts after loss to uga".. i was stunned so many of recruits they are after said "wow amazing, the gator kept it close".. LOL 19 point losses are moral victories. ha

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

nothing wrong with Fields.  the staff doesn't feel he is ready to really compete.  they believe fromm is the guy to run this team and that's about it.  this was fromm's best game and fields didn't see any playing time.  I am not sure what the truly means, but the fromm i saw today was what I expected this year.  

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Fromm looked pretty **** good today. Looked like the guy from last year. Huge improvement over the LSU game.

I agree.   I expected FROMM to play better today and get majority of snaps. 

I also expected FIELDS to get a few drives in 1st half.

At this point, it seems it is what it is - no plan for significant time for FIELDS unless FROMM is injured or we are up 30points at halftime.

My main goal at this point is just hoping Justin stays with us next year.  2018 looks like a wrap.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Tackling was still horrible in this game.   Just awful.  It was like Gator ball carriers were dripped in grease.

How can a Kirby coached team be this bad at tackling?

i agree on the tackling and that needs to be improve a lot, but you gotta give uf a lot of credit.. their rbs have done a very good job this year breaking tackles.  they ran through a lot of arm tackling and some very nice moves due to our over pursuit, but we all know we have a big issue at linebacker.  

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

yep the fromm that i saw today is what i expected this year.  he was impressive. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

nothing wrong with Fields.  the staff doesn't feel he is ready to really compete.  they believe fromm is the guy to run this team and that's about it.  this was fromm's best game and fields didn't see any playing time.  I am not sure what the truly means, but the fromm i saw today was what I expected this year.  

What about Fields attitude and acceptance of the lack of playing time.  Do you think he sticks for 2019 with the Dawgs?