Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Cocktail Party 2018 - #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia

1,022 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Dawgs need to take more chances on defense against UF and UK and sellout to stop the run.

I think Franks is a QB we can trust our DBs in man coverage against. Florida is going to run a lot anyway. Would love to see Quay Walker spying.

g-dawg likes this

This is the game I go opposite.  They are going to put 9in the box on us.  We have to pass to set up the run.  PA passes will soften that defense.  Holyfield needs at least twenty carries.    

8 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

This is the game I go opposite.  They are going to put 9in the box on us.  We have to pass to set up the run.  PA passes will soften that defense.  Holyfield needs at least twenty carries.    

I was speaking of UGA on defense, not offense.

15 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Our OL should be able to open up some lanes. I think we need to lean on them heavy with the running game and pick our shots with the passing game. They’re going to commit to the run until Fromm forces them to respect his arm. My thing about that is... I don’t think they can stop us from running anyway, so let Elijah Holyfield stomp a mud hole in their soul. 

sdogg likes this

My score prediction for the Dawgvent competition was 31-17 Dawgs. Florida is typically a tough rivalry game but I don’t see Georgia coming out flat again like they were at LSU.

sdogg likes this

38 minutes ago, Carter said:

Only if Fromm gets hurt or plays as bad again as he did against LSU. 

15 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

nope

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I wish.

Do you guys think we'll see Fields get more playing time this year after what happened last week?

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Do you guys think we'll see Fields get more playing time this year after what happened last week?

I actually have faith in Kirby and staff to see error of their ways.  Hopefully I will be right.

If Kirby & Chaney keep the QB plan the same as it has been and we lose ugly to Gators and Fromm has another poor game , then Fields would need to get the rest of season as starter.  For the good of the team and beating Gators,  the rotation needs to change.  Give Justin a drive in each qtr and play it be ear in 2nd half.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Does anyone think Fields will start a game this year??

If Fromm is mediocre and we lose this game, I could see Fields starting the next game.

34 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Probably after the Florida game if we lose. All our original goals would be dead (win east, SECcg, CFP). It would be time for a change.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I actually have faith in Kirby and staff to see error of their ways.  Hopefully I will be right.

If Kirby & Chaney keep the QB plan the same as it has been and we lose ugly to Gators and Fromm has another poor game , then Fields would need to get the rest of season as starter.  For the good of the team and beating Gators,  the rotation needs to change.  Give Justin a drive in each qtr and play it be ear in 2nd half.

It's too late for the season at that point. I said earlier if Kirby benches Fromm after another loss and not before if he's struggling that tells a whole lot about Kirby and his ability to adapt vs react. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yes because Kirby can’t let Fromm play like that again and leave fields watching on the sidelines. I think he really screwed up last week not putting fields in because now he has no wiggle room.

I know one thing....wish we had Mississippi States Defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We would have beat LSU even with that lacklustre performance we had.

28 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I know one thing....wish we had Mississippi States Defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We would have beat LSU even with that lacklustre performance we had.

That front seven is nice

Wardog357 likes this

56 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

they are also doing a great job in blitzing..  they do blitzes from all over the field because they have a problem getting pressure with their front 4.. they have been burned a few times, but they have put burrow on his butt a number of times..  

27 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That front seven is nice

If their Offense had done anything...LSU would have had their hands full. D been on the field way too much. 

Just now, Wardog357 said:

If their Offense had done anything...LSU would have had their hands full. D been on the field way too much. 

It’s Fitzgerald.. heck of a runner.. not much of a quarterback 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

they are also doing a great job in blitzing..  they do blitzes from all over the field because they have a problem getting pressure with their front 4.. they have been burned a few times, but they have put burrow on his butt a number of times..  

Hey that's my Madden scheme!! Blitz blitz blitz, you'll **** up eventually :lol: and if I don't turn it over I'm good!

SacFalcFan and Wardog357 like this