RubberDucky

Anyone read lips?

59 posts in this topic

After Bryant hit the last FG, the camera cut to Matt Ryan in what appeared to be a heated moment with Raheem Morris. Matt looked pissed and seemed to be going off about something.  Anyone catch it or know what it may have been about?

19 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

"Get ******* set"

Always my favorite Matt Ryan moment always my favorite Mr2 moment. That and that bomb to Jenkins vs Chicago to set up a game winning gg with a second left. He’s a leader. He may not be an all world qb but he’s the best in falcons history and I wish he’d let his bad boy side show more. 

18 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Probably angry at the playcall on 3rd down.

Nah smart playcall. Playaction would have been  ballsy for sure but it’s more of a hindsight complaint. 

OL really had no pride and got destroyed. Fusco was the main culprit. Saubert didn’t help either. 

My impression was that he wanted to go on fourth down, and with this defense, you can't blame him because he knew dam well the  Bucs would just stroll down the field once they got the ball...which they did.  

RiseUpFalcs and me4falcons like this

19 minutes ago, octoslash said:

My impression was that he wanted to go on fourth down, and with this defense, you can't blame him because he knew dam well the  Bucs would just stroll down the field once they got the ball...which they did.  

How would you feel if someone told you that they had more faith in a 43-year-old leg kicking a 58 yard field goal then they did in you picking up two ******* yards? 

Quinn needs to hire a game management consultant.

First off, I think the odds actually favored the first down over the field-goal. 

Secondly, if I pick up the first down, the game is over. Tampa has no timeouts you run out the clock and that’s it. 

Third, who is the ******* genius that  let them snap the ball on the field goal  with 12 ******* seconds left on the play clock? How the **** does that happen? 

Of course, it was unlikely that the Bucs would score a touchdown, but there was at least a chance, and they had two plays from the 20 yard line to win the game.

I hate to say this, but the smart play was to punt.   Run on third down, take a delay of game penalty to run as much Clock as possible. Then let the Bucks go 80 or more yards in less than 50 seconds with no timeouts.  

The consequence of failure for going for it, or missing the field-goal was that the Buc would’ve had plenty of time to kick a game-winning field goal. 

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

How would you feel if someone told you that they had more faith in a 43-year-old leg kicking a 58 yard field goal then they did in you picking up two ******* yards? 

First off, I think the odds actually favored the first down over the field-goal. 

Secondly, if I pick up the first down, the game is over. Tampa has no timeouts you run out the clock and that’s it. 

Third, who is the ******* genius that  let them snap the ball on the field goal  with 12 ******* seconds left on the play clock? How the **** does that happen? 

Of course, it was unlikely that the Bucs would score a touchdown, but there was at least a chance, and they had two plays from the 20 yard line to win the game.

I hate to say this, but the smart play was to punt.   Run on third down, take a delay of game penalty to run as much Clock as possible. Then let the Bucks go 80 or more yards in less than 50 seconds with no timeouts.  

The consequence of failure for going for it, or missing the field-goal was that the Buc would’ve had plenty of time to kick a game-winning field goal. 

QFT . . . all of it

2 hours ago, Xero said:

Always my favorite Matt Ryan moment always my favorite Mr2 moment. That and that bomb to Jenkins vs Chicago to set up a game winning gg with a second left. He’s a leader. He may not be an all world qb but he’s the best in falcons history and I wish he’d let his bad boy side show more. 

That and get the f off our field. Love it when he gets fired up.

Xero likes this

I thought the same thing. Very odd indeed. The only thing I can see is if y’all just didn’t want the rushers being able to time the snap to block it if they waited until :01 second on the play clock to bleed the additional time.

HolyMoses likes this

The last line is why you kick it with 12 seconds on the play clock, you let your kicker do it on his timing / rhythm instead of having him stand there for an extra 10+ seconds.  Granted the decision was questionable to begin with, once you make it you do everything you can to make sure it goes in.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

17 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

The last line is why you kick it with 12 seconds on the play clock, you let your kicker do it on his timing / rhythm instead of having him stand there for an extra 10+ seconds.  Granted the decision was questionable to begin with, once you make it you do everything you can to make sure it goes in.

I considered that and agree that you don’t want to mess up the timing.  So it is a matter of preparation. You have a plan. You know what you want to do. So you don’t send your kick team out right away. You pretend to think about it, then send your kick guys out at the better time. 

Or, at the end of practice, you  tell the entire team that they are running wind sprints if the kicker misses.   You send out the team, line then up, but the coach calls for the snap...after 30 seconds...

It even gives you an opportunity to be creative. 

Remember Kansas City’s fake punt two years ago? They put the punt team on at the last minute or after a time out  after  leaving the offense on the field.  Just enough to get the Falcons off-balance. Then they hit them with a fake. 

Point being, there’s got to be something else you do than leave 12 extra critical clicks on the clock for the opposition. 

3 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

80 or more yards?  If we punted, they would have won with a FG.  They would have needed only  about 45 yards.

dodge_birds_fan and HolyMoses like this

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

After Bryant hit the last FG, the camera cut to Matt Ryan in what appeared to be a heated moment with Raheem Morris. Matt looked pissed and seemed to be going off about something.  Anyone catch it or know what it may have been about?

Were is that guy that does the sign language videos (Falcons Fan)? I bet he could tell us.

Anyone know that guy? I'm really interested to know what was said.

4 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

I am glad Bryant made the FG, but I agree with you the better call would have been to go for on 4th down.  The odd of converting 4th and 2 is probably better than making a 57 yards FG, and if you convert for a 1st down the game is over.  Bucs still had a chance even with Bryant making the FG.  Risk vs reward dictates that Falcons should go on 4th down there.

HolyMoses likes this

6 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

It was the dumb play call and not able to convert on 3rd and 1

5 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

except they wouldn't have to go 80 yards in 50 seconds, cause they'd have only had to get in FG range, and they did that easily enough with the time they had.....

HolyMoses likes this