KRUNKuno

Does Vic Beasley exist?

67 posts in this topic

Yeah Beasley hasn't done much but let's honest, we had NO serious pass rush from anyone save for maybe a quarter or two all season.  Just say'in.

27 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Takk is the only glimmer of hope on our defense 

Naaaaaah, the Falcons got two or three studs, just need a few more pieces.......and some depth.........and proper coaching!

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, Rise said:

I want to see un-edited film of Beasley. He's small, so others should get oportunities if he is being held and chipped.

I've seen him held.

Ask someone

nflfullhd.com

2 hours ago, Rise said:

Trade him with a pick to The Denver Broncos for DE Chubb.

Chubb is not a a 3-4 OLB, He's a 4-3 DE

Beasley is not a a 4-3 Under RDE.

Chubb and Takk.

Lol...Chubb has 3 sacks today. 

I Even Bleed Red likes this

8 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Can u imagine this O with Gurley. $hit makes me mad af

Vic’s soft. 

Just went and looked at the 2015 draft definitely one of the weakest classes dont see anyone that stands out to me especially in the first round

rugger8 likes this

2 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

I was really hoping he put it together. I use to defend him so much. But it's time to move on now. I don't hate him like some of you guys lol. But he ain't it for the Falcons.

Yea, I was a big Vic defender.  Even last year when I thought we were using him wrong.  At this stage I can't defend him anymore.  He's essentially non-existent and is only good to get close and make the QB a little uncomfortable.  

2 hours ago, slamee101 said:

Yea, I was a big Vic defender.  Even last year when I thought we were using him wrong.  At this stage I can't defend him anymore.  He's essentially non-existent and is only good to get close and make the QB a little uncomfortable.  

Mike Smith approves

He is a great guy but watch him

on film he doesn't have it to get around these OT's. I really think we should 

move him to LB, he is smart and fast maybe he could help call Defensive signals and wouldn't have to fight off OL's.

so why did we take him as a top ten pick???  was Quinn (defensive guru) our coach at that point, I think that was the year Quinn became a falcon???  I know many top ten picks don't pan out, but it's incredibly depressing to think that neither he nor Matthews (our most recent top ten picks) have turned into dominant players.  they should be playing at a Julio level of domination. 

it looks like we'll be picking top ten again or close to it.  just got to get it right this time.  what's so odd is our later picks have been so consistently great over the past few years, I remember being in awe that we picked ridley for our first round and thinking our GM has balls to make that pick which wasn't a need pick given Julio and our other receivers...

it will be even more depressing if we have to go for a DE as our first pick since Beasley is less than stellar

I watched him routinely, about a dozen times, disengage from first contact and just jog lightly upright sort of towards the ball. If he got pushed past the QB stepping up he completely gave up and would just stand up out of stance and stand there.

Between that, the tunnel debacle and the slim playoffs comment I'm done with his soft *** and I loved the beasley pick initially.

Can we rescind the 5th year option?

25 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I saw him right there several times today. The problem with our PR is there is no push up the middle.   

Exactly.....on the Kazee int if we had any push up the middle he would have probably got a sack.

People magnify every mistake he makes and acts like it is the worst thing ever

Godzilla1985 likes this

16 minutes ago, ket222 said:

it looks like we'll be picking top ten again or close to it.  just got to get it right this time.

I got is pegged for pick #6.

15 minutes ago, mc said:

Would have had 2 sacks if the secondary could cover for 4 seconds. 

Is it not the job of a defensive end to make it so that the secondary doesn’t have to cover for 4 seconds?

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

This is a hit thread. All made up. Been discussed ad nauseum. You’re just looking for made up e cred. That died 20 years ago. Carry on posers. 

I’m genuinely concerned

6 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

What’s his deal?

He does exist but he is not worth the money now that this team pays him to be a DE Sack Machine. He only has pass rushing move, has never learned any other moves besides a speed rush, so he is pretty much useless now.

All we got is Tak now

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Denver will laugh in our faces. I'd offer Beasley no more than 5 mill a year and tell him he's a situational pass rusher now. Take it or leave it. 

Well his 5th year option is on our 2019 CAP already.  His CAP hit goes from $4,000,000 to over $12,000,000 next year

Matt Ryan QB 11 $11,500,000 $11,500,000 $11,300,000 $0 $0 $22,800,000   CutJune 1 CutTradeRestructureExtend $79,200,000 ($56,400,000)
Desmond Trufant CB 6 $9,500,000 $4,400,000 $0 $0 $13,900,000   CutJune 1 CutTradeRestructureExtend $14,600,000 ($700,000)
Julio Jones WR 8 $9,600,000 $3,866,666 $0 $0 $13,466,666   CutJune 1 CutTradeRestructureExtend $5,333,334 $8,133,332
Vic Beasley 43OLB   $12,810,000   $0 $0 $0 $12,810,000   CutTradeExtend $0 $12,810,000
Jake Matthews LT 5 $6,500,000 $6,500,000 $4,589,200 $0
Edited by Falconsin2012

5 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Someone told me Takk would be bested by Beasley this season. Can't remember who that was.

Takk is a dogg, you could tell from his first sack. Beasley has been a one-trick pony and even his 16 sack season was underwhelming because he had almost zero impact during the playoffs.

It was me lol I’ve posted a few threads/comments saying that