Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forever Julian

Less than a month to go. Kemp or Abrams?

Your pick for Georgia Governor   36 members have voted

1. 1. Your pick for Georgia Governor

• Brian Kemp(R)
    • Stacey Abrams(D)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

133 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, AF89 said:

I think most here would prefer Abrams but believe it's going to be Kemp (but she'll run close)

I prefer Abrams over Kemp IF you're talking about Stephanie.  

Abrams all day. There are time when I hold my nose and vote for a Democrat I dislike because I dislike the Republican so much more, but this is not one of those times.

I think she'd be a fantastic governor.

HolyMoses likes this

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

One candidate controls the voter rolls and is actively purging voters. Even if Abrams has the support to win, she isn't going to win.

Can't wait to hear about how Democrats need to do better at convincing people to vote Democrat, even while Dem voters are being disallowed from voting. Can't wait to hear about how I need to make MAGA idiots feel 'respected' instead of actually allowing free and fair elections.

BrockSamson and HolyMoses like this

10 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Can't wait to hear about how Democrats need to do better at convincing people to vote Democrat, even while Dem voters are being disallowed from voting. Can't wait to hear about how I need to make MAGA idiots feel 'respected' instead of actually allowing free and fair elections.

Make autocracies great again

HolyMoses likes this

43 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Just heard an add on the radio saying that Abrams was the most radical candidate ever.     so dumb.

It's almost as if they say that every time no matter who the candidate is.

HolyMoses likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's almost as if they say that every time no matter who the candidate is.

That was one of the comments from the panel guests.  She said it sounded like an ad that could be used against anybody, very generic and didn't address anything specific.

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Defunding Planned Parenthood is the most asinine position there is. 

It helps stop the amazing Abortion on Demand program that the kids just love.

1 minute ago, thesouphead said:

It helps stop the amazing Abortion on Demand program that the kids just love.

I mean, I absolutely understand that abortion is an intense debate, and for good reason. And I really do see both sides of it.

But if you are against abortions and unwanted pregnancies, getting rid of the entity that provides more family planning services than anyone else is a terrible way to do it, especially when you're doign it by voting for a party that refuses to allow any sex education besides 'abstinence only'.

Anyway...sorry for derailing the governor's race thread. Carry on.

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I mean, I absolutely understand that abortion is an intense debate, and for good reason. And I really do see both sides of it.

But if you are against abortions and unwanted pregnancies, getting rid of the entity that provides more family planning services than anyone else is a terrible way to do it, especially when you're doign it by voting for a party that refuses to allow any sex education besides 'abstinence only'.

Anyway...sorry for derailing the governor's race thread. Carry on.

Yep.   I never understood and will never understand why many of the Pro Life people are also anti-contraception.

AF89 likes this

1 hour ago, thesouphead said:

This was on my door step yesterday.

IMG-8079.jpg

I posted this a while back but the Faith and Freedom coalition actually buys ad space to print these in newspapers throughout South Georgia. 

I posted a pic on here last year and it had some significant lies about what Trump and Hillary had actually gone on record for but what I thought was most interesting was one of the squares claimed Trump was against gay marraige. In other words they lied about their own candidate to make him more appealing to southern bigots.

HolyMoses and Halcon-1 like this

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I posted this a while back but the Faith and Freedom coalition actually buys ad space to print these in newspapers throughout South Georgia. 

I posted a pic on here last year and it had some significant lies about what Trump and Hillary had actually gone on record for but what I thought was most interesting was one of the squares claimed Trump was against gay marraige. In other words they lied about their own candidate to make him more appealing to southern bigots.

Doesn't surprise me at all...not one bit.

Just now, thesouphead said:

Doesn't surprise me at all...not one bit.

Here it is

Trump the candidate if anything was probably the most pro gay marriage the GOP ever nominated by a wide margin (as a president he's been pretty lacking)

But the vast amounts of bigotry Trump already had wasnt enough for the Faith and Freedom coalition so they had to add a few more

1 hour ago, thesouphead said:

At my house, the flier has the total opposite effect of what they intended I am sure.   doh!

I think their intention is to educate.  I've passed quite a few of these over the years.