Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Let me brighten your day...

27 posts in this topic

I know we've all (including me) been sandblasting the Falcons since the Steelers game. I just want to say this;

*We played a pretty solid 1st half of football in the fact that we should've went into the half 13-13.

*Foye and Riley single handedly allowed the 1st Steeler TD. Foye watched Connor catch a 2yd pass and take it 30. Riley simply shat the bed trying to stop Connor on a huge run IN THE HOLE,

*Riley got flagged on a 40yd PI that was complete BS. I mean a garbage call.

*In Bizarro world, Trufant has 3 ints this year and could possibly have the worst hands in the NFL...Unless your name is Hankerson.

*Our ENTIRE Dline is soft and weak. I mean...like...I'm surprised Pitt wasn't getting flagged for Ineligible man downfield because it looked like toddlers pushing on a Great Dane.

With all that being said we shot ourselves in the foot on field position. I've never seen a team that can get in FG range and somehow F' themselves out of it 3 downs later.

Keep in mind, the game is still 13-10 till mid way through the 3rd. I'm not sure if we ever practice how to pick up a corner blitz but I've NEVER seen a tackle try to run out 3 yards to try and pick it up, whiff on it then just stand there like he's waiting on a dump off and watch.........till last Sunday.

We we're just really unprepared. Richards and the DBs were honestly our only bright spot. At least the tackling was better. Our Dline being unable to move the pocket and Foye/Riley being clueless we're our problems.

Perhaps the sky isn't falling?

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

Our D is terrible

The middle of our D is especially terrible

Our corners couldn't intercept a butterfly with a basket

Our offense takes themselves out of range as soon as they get in it like no one else in history.

We don't practice basic technique like how to pick up a corner blitz

Out entire d-line is a bunch of little girls

We show up woefully unprepared...

so hey, things might not be all that bad afterall!

Not trying to be smart about it, but that was a but of a contradictory conclusion to everything else said.

PokerSteve and osiruz like this

The defense right now is done until we get people back. The offense stepped up in prior weeks so Pitt decided to bring pressure and our OLine allowed 6 sacks. Now that’s on film and a lot of teams will copy Pittsburgh since our D is garbage right now. 

I would establish the run with Ito the more he gets the ball the better he plays. Get Coleman open on some short pass plays and draw those safeties up and everything else will open up

WornOutFalconFan likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

meh, Pittsburgh is over and done. More concerned with the Bucs at this point in the week.

Yea but why would we think it would be any different vs TB? They have a decent D as long as they do t make any mistakes, we sure as he!! Won't force any.

PokerSteve likes this

Let me brighten YOUR DAY!

We are what our record is 1-4 

Players have quit.

Coaches have quit.

Theres NO LEADERSHIP or DISCIPLINE left on this team.

Embrace the suck.

PRAY EVERYDAY that SAINTS dont come in our backyard and LIFT LOMBARDI! 

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm not sure we can beat anyone at this point, but beating the buccies would be a start and that would brighten my day.

They will EAT the W 

Jackson, Howard , Evans & Brate are gonna shred our defense just like Pittsburg did.

Jameis is well rested and hungry. 

Just sit back and enjoy the beatdown.

Just wondering why you thought our tackling was better? **** we missed like 5 on one play on one of the Conner screens. 

State of FALCONS DEFENSE 

In third-down conversion percentage (55 percent), the Falcons rank last among the 32 teams.

The Falcons allowed teams to convert 36 of 65 third-down plays into first downs.

In total yards per game they rank 28th, while giving up 398.6 yards per game.

In scoring defense they rank 31st, while giving up 32.6 points per game.

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

They will EAT the W 

Jackson, Howard , Evans & Brate are gonna shred our defense just like Pittsburg did.

I never enjoy it when our team takes a beat down. I suspect a closer game at home, but I'm in no way saying we will win.

Actually, I'm hoping they brighten my day.

mattyicefalcon likes this

15 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Yea but why would we think it would be any different vs TB? They have a decent D as long as they do t make any mistakes, we sure as he!! Won't force any.

Who said that it would?? Point is the Steelers game is dead and gone.

6 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

They will EAT the W 

You forgot your PEDs today man. No Poe, Grady or Clayborn showed up on film Sunday and man o man. Dem boys is weak. 

We had some horrific penalties but other than Schraeder, Riley and Foye nobody else looked like they simply didn't belong.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I never enjoy it when our team takes a beat down. I suspect a closer game at home, but I'm in no way saying we will win.

Actually, I'm hoping they brighten my day.

Im actually just excited about how much more Calvin Ridley,  Ito Smith and Kazee can do.

That really doesn't brighten my day, it just reinforces the fact that the D is not improving, and that the offense can't carry the entire team. We need good results in more than just a half of football from both sides of the ball.

E. T. likes this

3 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

That really doesn't brighten my day, it just reinforces the fact that the D is not improving, and that the offense can't carry the entire team. We need good results in more than just a half of football from both sides of the ball.

Totally agree brother.

4dabirds likes this

2 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

State of FALCONS DEFENSE 

In third-down conversion percentage (55 percent), the Falcons rank last among the 32 teams.

The Falcons allowed teams to convert 36 of 65 third-down plays into first downs.

In total yards per game they rank 28th, while giving up 398.6 yards per game.

In scoring defense they rank 31st, while giving up 32.6 points per game.

It’s odd that KC has, statistically, the worst defense by a long shot, giving up around 462 yards per game yet they are the consensus #1 team in the NFL.  Our issue is an inability to hold teams to field goals.  In 2017 we surrendered 19.1 pts per game and currently give up 33 pts per game.  The only people happy about that stat are Debo & Neal’s agents.  

On offense we average 150 yards less per game on offense when on the road.   If I never see another slow outdoor grass stadium again I’ll be thrilled.  It’s kryptonite to our offense.

Edited by Falconsin2012

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

My day was bright until I read this...

There it is!  Thank you!

Sure, we have injuries, but the Steelers were considered a favorite in the AFC this season.  We got beat...it happens.

The only loss that really hurts me bad is the Saints loss. We could be under 500 but be 2-0 in the division. We get the Buccs handled and we are 2-1 in division but still climbing out the 4 loss hole. We cant afford but 2 or 3 more losses all year if we gonna smell playoffs or a winning season to make 3 in a row for at time in forever. 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Players have quit.

Coaches have quit.

Embrace the suck.

Well, let me brighten your day as well, and everybody else in Falcon Nation: We're going to have a very high draft pick this year. Don't get overly excited yet, but......it could be A REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HIGH DRAFT PICK!!  :slick:

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Players have quit.

Coaches have quit.

Embrace the suck.

Man.... Yea that would suck so bad... "28-3" can still be heard now, what's it gonna be like if the Stains win the SB in Atlanta?

If that happens I think more than a few fans would give up. Could even be a ninja franchise killer, the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This team really has found ways to Embrace The Suck throughout it's history. I hate that cause I love the Falcons, they're  my team, ya know?