Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IndiscreetGeek

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman has bone contusion in foot, status unclear ...

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

I mean it's a home game against Tampa Bay so you can put stock in it if you want to if we play well, I'm not

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I mean it's a home game against Tampa Bay so you can put stock in it if you want to if we play well if you want, I'm not

that freeman is glass this year ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, caponine said:

that freeman is glass this year ??

I didn't see his other thread but from context I'm assuming it was saying we were better without Freeman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I didn't see his other thread but from context I'm assuming it was saying we were better without Freeman. 

Which I don't see in the first page, so clearly it got alot of traction lol raw

Shagpill 2.0 and Dem Birds like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Which I don't see in the first page, so clearly it got alot of traction lol raw

Yeah I went back to the second page even lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Which I don't see in the first page, so clearly it got alot of traction lol raw

Its 2 days old. It went 6 or 7 pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Yeah I went back to the second page even lol

It was red hot when I made it. Not my fault you missed it.

People acting as if Devonta Freeman not being quite as effective as Tevin Coleman isn't a hot topic right now. Lul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

It was red hot when I made it. Not my fault you missed it.

People acting as if Devonta Freeman not being quite as effective as Tevin Coleman isn't a hot topic right now. Lul.

Not saying it isn't, I assumed that's what you meant, I just don't see the thread anywhere and probably just didn't bother reading it because it's nothing more than conjecture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let him get healthy send the man to IR- seek a trade in the off season   Use the 5th round pick on Defense run with Coleman/Ito/Drafted Back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fuego said:

Did Free get this by osmosis from Julio?

Oh snap

No, it's from being very careful in preseason and treating them with kid gloves.

fuego likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Oh snap

No, it's from being very careful in preseason and treating them with kid gloves.

Nah.  The Falcons have done that the entire time Quinn has been here and the first three years the Falcons were one of the healthiest teams in the league all three years.

In Freeman's case, he just didn't recover from last season.  His knee injuries at the end of the season were worst than were let on apparently.  And then there are the concussions.  And now apparently the guy just bruises super easy because this is his second bruise injury in a very limited amount of playing time.

It's about a wrap for Devonta. Good for him that he stuck around long enough to get his big payday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Nah.  The Falcons have done that the entire time Quinn has been here and the first three years the Falcons were one of the healthiest teams in the league all three years.

In Freeman's case, he just didn't recover from last season.  His knee injuries at the end of the season were worst than were let on apparently.  And then there are the concussions.  And now apparently the guy just bruises super easy because this is his second bruise injury in a very limited amount of playing time.

It's about a wrap for Devonta. Good for him that he stuck around long enough to get his big payday.

I was being facetious

Peyton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade him?   To whom?  Who wants a broken running back who can't block? 

The worst thing about cutting Freeman loose is going to be the money situation.  It's not like he was carrying the team.

In 2017 he only had two games rushing more than 100 yds, and those were 106, and 126 yds.

He averaged 14 carries and 62 yards per game.  

He averaged 2.6 receptions for 23 yards per game. 

That's over the 14 games in which he played.

Now I know he was hurt a lot, but that's not my point.  My point is, I won't lose sleep worrying about how we're going to replace that level of output.

The kid played his heart out and tore himself up doing it.  That's a shame.  But it's also the nature of the business.

Peyton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am concerned, you might as well stick a fork in his career. Not only are the injuries piling up, but their effects are stacking. It won't get easier. Combine that with the shelf life of a RB, and the physical demand it has on the body, it pretty much over for him. Devonta was a good RB. It's a shame.

PS: The only kind of good news is, given the state of the running game this year, which is non-existant, it might not really matter.

Edited by Intellectually Honest
SkerFalcon8710 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0