falcndave

Duke Is a Complete Liability in Coverage

60 posts in this topic

Personally, I honestly believe Quinn could find 20 FAs on their couch with half his natural ability that could out perform the numbers below. Read them and weep. 

Verses Pass:

Targeted in coverage: 22

Completed passes: 19

Receiving yards allowed: 181

Yards per receptions allowed: 9.5

Yards after catch allowed: 127

Overall:

236 snaps

24 tackles

8 missed tackles

88 rushing snaps

145 in coverage

Conclusion:

When he's on the field, he's targeted in coverage about 15% of the time, and doesn't stop anything. Overall, in 236 snaps he has made the stop about 10% of the time but missed a tackle 5% of the time. If you think he's getting better, he has not successfully avoided a completion when targeted since week 2 (last 13 straight passes all complete). PFF defensive snapshot below (source of stats above). PFF Premium Stats 2.0.

Riley.thumb.JPG.bd319a142d70659b280697fc4f63fb3b.JPG

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He gave up one TD, let’s see who gave up rest of the TD.

I'm not going to debate that logic...today.  Maybe later.  I suspect you know its weak?

46 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Personally, I honestly believe Quinn could find 20 FAs on their couch with half his natural ability that could out perform the numbers below. Read them and weep. 

Verses Pass:

Overall:

236 snaps

24 tackles

8 missed tackles

88 rushing snaps

145 in coverage

Conclusion:

When he's on the field, he's targeted in coverage about 15% of the time, and doesn't stop anything. Overall, in 236 snaps he has made the stop about 10% of the time but missed a tackle 5% of the time. If you think he's getting better, he has not successfully avoided a completion when targeted since week 2 (last 13 straight passes all complete). PFF defensive snapshot below (source of stats above). PFF Premium Stats 2.0.

That ugly, real ugly.

28 minutes ago, falcndave said:

TDs allowed in coverage. Alford and Poole 3.  Trufant and Oliver 2. Riley and Kazee 1.

How does this take away from the fact that Duke sucks in coverage. He also sucks in run support.

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

How does this take away from the fact that Duke sucks in coverage. He also sucks in run support.

It doesn't.  I just elected to move on from being snippy and answer the question!

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Did we not know this my friend? WELCOME TO 2018

I've actually read in about 12 threads over the last two weeks that he is improving...   That I why I went digging around. Bartu was literally better. That is saying something. 

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

That’s ugly. Alford and Poole have been really bad. I guess no help from Rico is showing up.

The odd thing is that Tru seems to be taking more public heat. I think we probably just expect more from him. 

falcons007, Drew4719 and Vandy like this

5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

The odd thing is that Tru seems to be taking more public heat. I think we probably just expect more from him. 

Tru sucks elephant balls.

roguebeaver likes this

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

Verses Pass:

Overall:

236 snaps

24 tackles

8 missed tackles

88 rushing snaps

145 in coverage

Conclusion:

But, but, he’s getting groomed!

more like, schooled!! 

RING OF HONOR likes this

22 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Yeah just like Julio and Matt. 

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

I'm not going to debate that logic...today.  Maybe later.  I suspect you know its weak?

It’s not about debate, giving up TD are big part why Falcons are losing games. I will take a FG over TD. 

falcndave likes this

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I've actually read in about 12 threads over the last two weeks that he is improving...   That I why I went digging around. Bartu was literally better. That is saying something. 

Always thought Bartu was a decent reserve... the world of "we'll never know"

Notable players drafted in the 3rd rd after Duke.

Kareem Hunt

Shaquille Griffin

Rasul Douglas

Cam Sutton

Tim Williams

Cordrea Tankersley

Chris Godwin

D'onta Foreman

Kenny Golladay

James Connor

Kendell Beckwith

Montravius Adams

Fabian Moreau

Alex Anzalone

Jourdan Lewis

Derek Rivers

Terrell Basham (released but still)

Daeshon Hall (released but still)

CJ Beatherd (looks like a better pick even as backup Qb).

Edited by Beast-N-Da-Sheetz
falcndave likes this

22 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Notable players drafted in the 3rd rd after Duke.

Kareem Hunt

Shaquille Griffin

Rasul Douglas

Cam Sutton

Tim Williams

Chris Godwin

D'onta Foreman

Kenny Golladay

James Connor

Kendell Beckwith

Montravius Adams

Jourdan Lewis

Derek Rivers

Daeshon Hall (released but still)

CJ Beatherd (looks like a better pick even as backup Qb).

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

5 hours ago, falcndave said:

TDs allowed in coverage. Alford and Poole 3.  Trufant and Oliver 2. Riley and Kazee 1.

I get perturbed with Riley, too....seems like it has been 1 step forward, and 2 steps back with him.  But I must say, I'm surprised at the above stats!  Alford, Poole, Trufant & Oliver ALL have more TDs allowed. 
I guess I'll have to lighten up on the young man a bit, and hope he gets the other parts of his game fixed!  

6 hours ago, falcndave said:

Verses Pass:

Overall:

236 snaps

24 tackles

8 missed tackles

88 rushing snaps

145 in coverage

Conclusion:

He must be related to someone...

Trashiest player eva!!

I loathe him!!! 

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

I get perturbed with Riley, too....seems like it has been 1 step forward, and 2 steps back with him.  But I must say, I'm surprised at the above stats!  Alford, Poole, Trufant & Oliver ALL have more TDs allowed. 
I guess I'll have to lighten up on the young man a bit, and hope he gets the other parts of his game fixed!  

Not sure how telling the stat really is though to say that Poole and Alford are worse

FalconJim likes this

Duke is getting a little better but I don't know if he is a NFL starter and he still misses tackles. In his defense they are playing him out of position