datchrisb1

Mock Draft (1st Quarter)

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

He flashes, isn't consistent enough. Bama hasn't played anybody yet so you have to consider competition, really going off last year really. To me Quinnen Williams is the better player. It's too early for anybody to be right or wrong in this. Edit: Thinking about Davis, I  can put something up and show you since its Lawrence.

I haven't watched any Dexter Lawrence, but in the little bit I watched Raekwon Davis and Quinnen Williams, I thought Williams looked a lot better. He gets pretty consistent penetration and disengages better. Davis is still really raw to me and just kind of bounces around. 

If you don’t think DT is worth a top ten then you pick DE there. We have to invest in the Dline. We have spent and Will spend so much on our off the ball players. The disparity is almost comical how putrid our D line looks. 

I'm not a UGA fan but I like Lamont Gaillard. Mind as well add Lamont to the list of UGA centers who came in and been solid in the NFL thus far. Other centers being Ben Jones & David Andrews.

I like Derrick Brown but it's no way he's going before Ed Oliver.

datchrisb1 likes this

4 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

He flashes, isn't consistent enough. Bama hasn't played anybody yet so you have to consider competition, really going off last year really. To me Quinnen Williams is the better player. It's too early for anybody to be right or wrong in this. Edit: Thinking about Davis, I  can put something up and show you since its Lawrence.

That's fair, I think he has the potential to be the best D-Lineman in this class. He pushes the pocket and consistently takes on doubles while being able to split and make tackles. Pass rush needs some work, but he has the ability now to push the pocket now, which could be big in our Division with Brees and Newton. I'd love to see the video

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

I'm not a UGA fan but I like Lamont Gaillard. Mind as well add Lamont to the list of UGA centers who came in and been solid in the NFL thus far. Other centers being Ben Jones & David Andrews.

I like Derrick Brown but it's no way he's going before Ed Oliver.

That's a absolute need for them DT, Oliver isn't scheme diverse. Arizona runs a 3-4, Oliver doesn't fit their scheme. 

DT, DE, or CB

No LBs in first round for a 4-3 scheme unless its for a MLB better than Jones.

DT, DE, or CB

No LBs in first round for a 4-3 scheme unless its for a MLB better than Jones.

18 hours ago, Matt4415 said:

That's fair, I think he has the potential to be the best D-Lineman in this class. He pushes the pocket and consistently takes on doubles while being able to split and make tackles. Pass rush needs some work, but he has the ability now to push the pocket now, which could be big in our Division with Brees and Newton. I'd love to see the video

I'm at work, didn't have time to sight more than a couple plays. I think I only went a drive and a half. Plus I have kids now also. Things are just different for me now.

First let me preference this by saying it's not overall, it's not in general that way. I base my ideas on what I think my team wants to do with there players. Lawrence is a good player, great football player.  He could be a top 5, top 10 pick. I just don't believe he's a top 10 for us.

• Like some guards and tackles are really waste benders. It's not really winning on athleticism but really more of just leaning on the opponent, using your body weight. It's okay now, that doesn't work at all at the next level. Guards will shift his weight and wall him off all day. I see the same in Lawrence
  • It's not about the player as just a player, but what he can do in your system. In our system I consider him a 2 down guy
  • Don't like his get off and his pad level is CONSISTENTLY wrong, like every single play. That just bothers me. Yeah, he's 325, so was Vea, Poe, Ngata, these guys had that weight and were still explosive athletes.
  • To be so big he doesn't hold up on double teams like I would like and gets walled off to easily. Way too big to be moved like that IMO. Matter fact watch this, then go watch Vita Vea, or college Suh and you will see what I'm talking about

1:17, 2:09=> why I don't like him in our system as far as what we ask out of our DTs. 

0:56, 1:07, 1:50, 1:28, 2:31=> he is just too big IMO for another man to be able to move him like that. And it's only going to get worse later.

7 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

I'm at work, didn't have time to sight more than a couple plays. I think I only went a drive and a half. Plus I have kids now also. Things are just different for me now.

First let me preference this by saying it's not overall, it's not in general that way. I base my ideas on what I think my team wants to do with there players. Lawrence is a good player, great football player.  He could be a top 5, top 10 pick. I just don't believe he's a top 10 for us.

• Like some guards and tackles are really waste benders. It's not really winning on athleticism but really more of just leaning on the opponent, using your body weight. It's okay now, that doesn't work at all at the next level. Guards will shift his weight and wall him off all day. I see the same in Lawrence
  • It's not about the player as just a player, but what he can do in your system. In our system I consider him a 2 down guy
  • Don't like his get off and his pad level is CONSISTENTLY wrong, like every single play. That just bothers me. Yeah, he's 325, so was Vea, Poe, Ngata, these guys had that weight and were still explosive athletes.
  • To be so big he doesn't hold up on double teams like I would like and gets walled off to easily. Way too big to be moved like that IMO. Matter fact watch this, then go watch Vita Vea, or college Suh and you will see what I'm talking about

1:17, 2:09=> why I don't like him in our system as far as what we ask out of our DTs. 

0:56, 1:07, 1:50, 1:28, 2:31=> he is just too big IMO for another man to be able to move him like that. And it's only going to get worse later.

Wow man this is great thank you. Definitely way too big to be getting pushed around like that

On 10/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, datchrisb1 said:

Too me it comes down to impact and snap count really. Inside at DT, it's such a heavy rotation there and essentially there jobs is to push the pocket on passing downs and be disruptive up the field on running downs. Grady plays a significant amount of snaps, aside from that its a heavy rotation. DT is more of a depth issue than talent in my opinion. Duke Riley isn't what we need in my opinion and both the weak and middle are interchangeable. All 3, strong, weak, and middle are 3 down positions. That means whoever is at linebacker has to be a beast, they don't come off the field essentially. The most significant, impactful improvement we can make is Devin White in the first in this scenario. We also heavily rotate our DEs, we need more pass rush in that rotation. Joe Jackson will fit perfectly in rotation with Beasley, Crawford, Reed, and Takk. Mack isn't getting any younger and we are not retaining Levitre. It's imperative we spend at least a top 3 pick on a center or guard. Russell and Lawrence are depth pieces in the middle to add to the rotation, I don't see us retaining neither McClain nor Shelby. Poole will most likely hit free agency, I see him also demanding more money than we can afford to give him. Orr is a better cover corner and a decent tackler. He will be our nickel corner for the next 4 or 5 years.  7th round will most likely be running back/ special teams driven.

Well written man the White pick I'm with you he looks a 3 down guy but with Debo and Campbell there this guy is basically an insurance pick in the nickel.

Definitely a upgrade over Duke but I'm not sure you go that high for a guy whose limited because of the talent we already have.

On 10/12/2018 at 0:19 PM, datchrisb1 said:

What are your thoughts on Jeffery Simmons and Montez Sweat out of Miss st? Apologies if already posted 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Matt4415 said:

What are your thoughts on Jeffery Simmons and Montez Sweat out of Miss st? Apologies if already posted 

It's early, but...

Jeffrey Simmons is my top guy for our system as far as a nose tackle is concerned. He's perfect as far as fit right over the center. If we want a 1 technique, he is THE pick this year. Montez Sweat is boom or bust. He could be Leonard Floyd, he could be Jason Taylor. Boom or bust, most have a mid first right now, I think he falls to mid-late second.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Matt4415 said:

It's not about the player, it's how he fits in your system, what you require him to do in your system. Look at the plays SPECIFICALLY where he's right over the nose or shade from it. Lie and tell me he's not perfect here in Atlanta. NFL comparison, Fletcher Cox junior.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Well written man the White pick I'm with you he looks a 3 down guy but with Debo and Campbell there this guy is basically an insurance pick in the nickel.

Definitely a upgrade over Duke but I'm not sure you go that high for a guy whose limited because of the talent we already have.

It was the best player, would have taken Quinnen Williams, not sure he's coming out. There were no more defensive lineman worth that top 10 pick IMO. To me Devin White was literally the best defensive player FOR OUR SYSTEM left on the board. edit: I would have been comfortable taking Deandre Baker I guess, but I considered the rest of the D lineman reaches at 10 overall.

Edited by datchrisb1
kiwifalcon likes this

6 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

It's not about the player, it's how he fits in your system, what you require him to do in your system. Look at the plays SPECIFICALLY where he's right over the nose or shade from it. Lie and tell me he's not perfect here in Atlanta. NFL comparison, Fletcher Cox junior.

Nah man I'm right with you. I've thought the same since I saw him last year. Would love to see us get a 320 + pound guy at some point though to eat up blockers for Grady