Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JKH5785

1 Division title in going on 4 years now...Is our ATL media partly to blame

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

The question proposed by OP is if Atlanta sports media is partly to blame for the lack of success here. Keep up

Yes...are they partly to blame...by letting each interview go UNCHECKED. So I can give you a 50% for partly understanding the intent.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, JKH5785 said:

outside of the Braves having one Championship (AFTER 14 division wins, only 1 to show for it)

ATLANTA teams are a joke

maybe the problem starts with fans like yall who are complacent with saying "well we went to SB" 

haha!! WHO CARES!!!! We lost, and lost by choking away a 25 point lead. 

We saw Freeman missing pass blocks in the SB that lead to a huge swing! STILL MISSING THEM TWO YEARS LATER

When your fanbase and local media don't demand the best, you get what you get

Yeah we should all gather up together with torches & pitchforks & march down to MBS & DEMAND they give a championship!  This **** is OUR FAULT for not doing ridiculous **** like this cause.....reasons.

Fans being called out for not demanding accountability is ridiculous.  The only people that can hold coaches and players accountable are the teams owners and management. 

I don't see how I can be blamed as a fan for the team not doing well.  I'm tired of that narrative.  Nothing will change my opinion on this subject.

I'm sure the coaches will say "oh boy, DLED asked a tough question today, we should be better.  He's right."  They know they need to be better.  They are trying to be better.  This line of thinking to me also seems ridiculous.

Is the media to blame?  no

Are the fans to blame?  no

Are the players to blame?  yes

Are the coaches to blame?  yes

Is the owner to blame?  yes

Last time I check  there were 32 teams in the NFL. The other 31 want to win the super bowl as much as we do, and work just as hard as we do to try to accomplish it. They have as much right as we do to win it, and their fan base has as much right to expect or demand  succes as us.

We also work within a system which is designed to  create parity, with a cap which prevent teams from being able to buy success and from stockpiling talent (like a roster of starter-quality backups) and a draft which gives poor teams an advantage and punishes successful teams. Teams can’t even gain a competitive  game by working harder and for longer than others, because the CBA places strict limits on off-season team activities etc. Then you have uncontrollable elements like injuries, bounces of the ball and officiating decisions, and the huge impact they can have in a league where there is a very fine line between winning and losing.

NFL fans can all demand perfection, but at the end f the day only 1 team can win it all each year and the other 31 will all come up short. It is laughable the way that our fans demand world titles - and talk about success as if it is something that is guaranteed to happen as long as the organisation wants it enough, the fans demand it and settle for nothing less, or the media hold people more accountable by asking tougher question etc. In reality, it simply does not work that way. There is nothing that any team or it’s fanbase can do that guarantees it a world title.

I’ve never understood the mentality of some fans, who distils the whole experience of being a football fans down winning championships. If the only aspect of being a fan that matters to you - and brings you any joy - is winning a world championships, why waste your time when the law of averages says that you are 31 times more like to fail than to succeed, and can therefore reasonably expect to experience that joy only once every 32 years?

Geaux_Falcons likes this

1 hour ago, ukfalc said:

Last time I check  there were 32 teams in the NFL. The other 31 want to win the super bowl as much as we do, and work just as hard as we do to try to accomplish it. They have as much right as we do to win it, and their fan base has as much right to expect or demand  succes as us.

The problem with your point is that 20 of those 32 franchises have already won at least one Super Bowl championship or more, and the Falcons are currently one of the 12 without a championship AND we've been around for over 50 years. The Panthers, Texans, and Jaguars have more of an excuse for not having a championship because they haven't been around as long as us. In fact, the Panthers accomplished more in a short period of time than we did before 2016. The Panthers still have more division titles than us too. The Browns, Lions, and maybe the Vikings to a small extent are the only franchises who are worse than the Falcons. Every other franchise either has more conference titles than us or have already won a Super Bowl. 

Sometimes whenever I eat M&Ms, I like to hold two M&Ms in between my fingers and squeeze as hard as I can until one M&M cracks, I eat the cracked one, and the one that didn't crack becomes the champion. Then I grab another M&M and force it to compete with the champion in this deadly game of M&M gladiators. I do this until I run out of M&Ms and when there is only one M&M left standing, I send a letter to M&Ms brand with the champion M&M in it with a note attached that reads: "please use this M&M for breeding purposes.

How to get rid of ants:

Take the queen ant hostage and crucify her upon your console for all the ants to see. This will likely cause an outrage in the ant kingdom and will result in retaliation. They will likely try to inflict pain upon you via biting you, but you can bait them. Place a delicious sandwich in your car. The leaders of the ant army will see this as a good opportunity to wage a war of attrition by cutting off your food supply. You must set this up as a trap. Inside the sandwich will be many high-power firecrackers. You will rig the sandwich IED to explode via remote detonation. Find a good place to observe the sandwich from afar using binoculars. Wait until the sandwich is fully saturated with the ant army, then detonate the IED. Initial casualties will be devastating. The leadership of the ant army will realize the trap they've sprung and will begin retreating. Using thermal technology, you will observe the leadership element exit the vehicle with a security element. Ambush the security element using an aerosol spray and a lighter. Let the Ant Army leaders watch as their soldiers burn. At this point, they will have no choice but to surrender or die. Take the ant leaders as prisoners, interrogate them, find out more about nearby ant armies, perhaps turn them into spies to corrupt other ant colonies, but do whatever you can to land a crushing blow against the ants.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, mqg96 said:

The problem with your point is that 20 of those 32 franchises have already won at least one Super Bowl championship or more, and the Falcons are currently one of the 12 without a championship AND we've been around for over 50 years. The Panthers, Texans, and Jaguars have more of an excuse for not having a championship because they haven't been around as long as us. In fact, the Panthers accomplished more in a short period of time than we did before 2016. The Panthers still have more division titles than us too. The Browns, Lions, and maybe the Vikings to a small extent are the only franchises who are worse than the Falcons. Every other franchise either has more conference titles than us or have already won a Super Bowl. 

...that is totally irrelevant. 

The fact that we’ve not won a tile and others have, has absolutely no bearing on the present or on future success. It give use no greater right to win a title in the next 1/3/5/10/20 years than teams like SF, Pitt, NE and Dallas who already have a cabinet full of them, or to demand such success. 

The idea that we as a franchise/fanbase are owed a championship or entitled to expect and demand instant success because of our past, is a fiction. It’s nit fair that some teams and horrible,individuals have multiple titles and others have nothing, but Fairness doesn’t come in to it. Competitive sport simply does not work that way.

45 minutes ago, ukfalc said:

...that is totally irrelevant. 

The fact that we’ve not won a tile and others have, has absolutely no bearing on the present or on future success. It give use no greater right to win a title in the next 1/3/5/10/20 years than teams like SF, Pitt, NE and Dallas who already have a cabinet full of them, or to demand such success. 

The idea that we as a franchise/fanbase are owed a championship or entitled to expect and demand instant success because of our past, is a fiction. It’s nit fair that some teams and horrible,individuals have multiple titles and others have nothing, but Fairness doesn’t come in to it. Competitive sport simply does not work that way.

Sorry dude, it is what it is. The Saints and Buccaneers have been around nearly as long as us and they got the job done. We haven't. We are arguably the bottom tier of the NFC South historically. We're probably going to be the Eagles of the NFC South when we finally win our Super Bowl TBH. 

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Sorry dude, it is what it is. The Saints and Buccaneers have been around nearly as long as us and they got the job done. We haven't. We are arguably the bottom tier of the NFC South historically. We're probably going to be the Eagles of the NFC South when we finally win our Super Bowl TBH. 

Eagles of the NFC south?! What does that even mean? Who cares about how we shape up historically with accolades and accomplishments. As long as we win a SB, that's all that matters. What's going to be the narrative once we do?! "Oh, well we don't have 2" "We need to have 2 championships to become an elite team. My goodness! Imagine if we had to root for the Browns the past 10 years?!