Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKH5785

1 Division title in going on 4 years now...Is our ATL media partly to blame

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

sorry, but imo your wrong. When you watch Mondays conference for a 1-4 team that just got embarrassed the day before. They should be making DQ uncomfortable, holding him accountable. not just letting him leisurely feed us the same BS we hear every week, not asking him the same powder puff questions about how much the run game helps the pass

I'm completely satisfied with my position. If you believe that the team would be better if the media asked tougher question, more power to you.

This isn't the AFC East we're talking about. Have you seen our division??? Arguably one of the toughest for the last 3 years, overall.

3 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

outside of the Braves having one Championship (AFTER 14 division wins, only 1 to show for it)

ATLANTA teams are a joke

maybe the problem starts with fans like yall who are complacent with saying "well we went to SB" 

haha!! WHO CARES!!!! We lost, and lost by choking away a 25 point lead. 

We saw Freeman missing pass blocks in the SB that lead to a huge swing! STILL MISSING THEM TWO YEARS LATER

When your fanbase and local media don't demand the best, you get what you get

So what are we supposed to do?  Yell louder?   Hold up signs that say ‘stop blowing leads’???

Half of this board needs counseling  

In reality, AB owns this team and his temperament would not tolerate a public hailraiser for a coach of this team! It has to be gentlemanly and tempered. Further, it shall always be measured, dispationate, and factual! Hyperbole and rantings won’t be tolerated! Dan Reeves was such a Coach and see what happened to him yes? 

In so far as the media asking inflammatory questions that would never happen. Heck even Nick Saban would kick the press out of his pressers if they started any of this type BS! Though I would love D Led to get smacked once or twice by DQ...won’t happen though as D Led would not won’t to get banished or classified as persona non gratis! 

Thats the answe to the softball media questions! 

6 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

For all of DQ's praise, he's only had 1 division title in going on 4 years. This is almost unfathomable when you start talking about the talent this team has. Granted the NFC South is a talented division, but 1 title in 4 years is not what he was hired for.

By now, we should be seeing more, and we aren't. Injuries aside, this is a sloppy, poorly coached football team

So this is where the question comes in, IS THE ATLANTA MEDIA PARTLY TO BLAME??

Yall have all listened to the same press conferences I have. Why does our ATL media not hold this teams feet to the fire, they don't hold the players accountable, they don't hold the coach accountable. They throw nothing but softballs out for the team to answer. 

In Mondays press conference after being blown out by Steelers, someone asked him about the importance of the run game. Like c'mon man. DQ has tirelessly went over the importance of the run game. Why can our media not ask this team the hard questions, what are they afraid of, why can our media not hold this teams feet to the fire and keep them accountable.

I never heard one reported ask him about...

*how poor special teams have performed for years now

*why this team cannot seam to close out games

*why are we not getting the missed tackles corrected

*why are we having so many penalties

*what are they going to do about Beasley

*why has Ryan been given a kings ransom, but he doesn't seem to be able to carry this team when it really needs him

*why devontae freeman is still missing his pass blocks

*why can AB catch tds in double/triple coverage but julio cant

*why why why and what what what are you going to do to fix it

OUR ATLANTA MEDIA SUCKS, THEY DON'T HOLD THE TEAM, PLAYERS, COACHES ACCOUNTABLE - THEY DON'T ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS; AND BY DOING THAT THINGS STAY STATUS QUO

Awwww tits! You bouta get the girls riled up. Your post was on point tho.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:13 PM, JKH5785 said:

lost! so what does it matter?

What does it matter we won the division then? Stop moving the goal posts. 

17 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Awwww tits! You bouta get the girls riled up. Your post was on point tho.

I KNOW! haha!

This team needs to be pushed! no one is doing the pushing! Your defensive leaders are on IR, so whose pushing between the lines. 

right now this team is poorly coached, they are making the same mistakes over and over, there isn't any evidence that things are improving. 

special teams has been declining every year

Freeman cannot pass block to save his life...or ryans

missed tackles are rampant among all levels of the defense

No one is posing the difficult questions to DQ at the interviews, so there isn't any pressure from the media pushing them to correct the mistakes. 

If anyone on here doesn't think the media plays a part in pushing a team and steering a vote they are living in a dream world. 

The fans are paying for a product they really get no say in or don't have any ability to police with the powers that be. we are at the mercy of the team to make decisions, and at the mercy of the local media to pose the hard questions and push the team to correct issues. This happens in other markets all the time. You think the NE or PHI media would just ignore the same mistakes over and over and keep asking powder puff questions...heck no!

8 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

What does it matter we won the division then? Stop moving the goal posts. 

1 division win in 4 years ok with you? blowing a 25pt lead in the SB ok with you? Choking away a playoff game in PHI ok with you? Choking the second half of DQ's first season ok with you? 

If your not winning the division, its because your not winning as many division games as you all are thinking we are. It means the long way around the playoffs, if they even make it. 

You play the game to win your division, you play to win your division for a playoff standing, your play for a playoff standing that will give you a better chance at winning the conference, and ultimately all that because that are playing for a ring.

why don't you ask Tony Gonzalez if he's as fulfilled as yall because he made it to a conference game 1 time in his HOF career, or if he's still left wanting because he never got a ring.

so go ahead and hang your hat on 1 division win in 4 years, your right...we did do it 1 year so who cares about the other 3 we didn't right?

This is all I have to say about this.  Go move to Boston or New York and watch the way the Media blasts the coaches and the teams for even the smallest mistakes not to mention losses.  Watch how quick the Yankees or the Sox or the Pats or even the Giants make changes.  The Jets just suck from front office down, but the Giants (who are poorly managed) forced their head coach who won TWO Super bowls to quit.  Atlanta teams don't fire anyone if there is the slightest hope for a good season.  Part of that blame is that the media isn't asking critical questions about obvious problems.  If the fans were pizzed and the media fueled the fire, oh yeah there would be changes sooner.

38 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

This happens in other markets all the time. You think the NE or PHI media would just ignore the same mistakes over and over and keep asking powder puff questions...heck no!

You must not have seen many of Bill Belichick’s press conferences. Media ain’t dictating or influencing anything in that building and Philadelphia ain’t the greatest example either. For over 30 years they were the only team in their division that didn’t have a Super Bowl. Did their media just start asking tough questions a few years ago or something?

29 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

1 division win in 4 years ok with you? blowing a 25pt lead in the SB ok with you? Choking away a playoff game in PHI ok with you? Choking the second half of DQ's first season ok with you? 

If your not winning the division, its because your not winning as many division games as you all are thinking we are. It means the long way around the playoffs, if they even make it. 

You play the game to win your division, you play to win your division for a playoff standing, your play for a playoff standing that will give you a better chance at winning the conference, and ultimately all that because that are playing for a ring.

why don't you ask Tony Gonzalez if he's as fulfilled as yall because he made it to a conference game 1 time in his HOF career, or if he's still left wanting because he never got a ring.

so go ahead and hang your hat on 1 division win in 4 years, your right...we did do it 1 year so who cares about the other 3 we didn't right?

Nah I ain’t happy about our failures but I love our successes. Point is, we’ve seen more success than failure here. If your only enjoyment from being a fan of a team is a championship then why you still a fan :lol: that’s just an irrational mindset that a lot of you get stuck in for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You must not have seen many of Bill Belichick’s press conferences. Media ain’t dictating or influencing anything in that building and Philadelphia ain’t the greatest example either. For over 30 years they were the only team in their division that didn’t have a Super Bowl. Did their media just start asking tough questions a few years ago or something?

I’m sure Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, Alshon Jeffrey, the whole team attributes their success last year from a hard nosed media asking the tough questions :lol: yo, my mans is sick

8 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

I’m sure Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, Alshon Jeffrey, the whole team attributes their success last year from a hard nosed media asking the tough questions :lol: yo, my mans is sick

Yea you def didn't read the topic or hit the ped's this morning. Nobody ever said SB's are won Bc the media beats up the staff??? Wth are you doing that far out in left field?

Any Elite team that lost a starting player would try to fill that Void immediately rather than waiting till the season was lost......I.E. Philly INSTANTLY trying to find a replacement for Ajayi. AND THEY HAVE DECENT BACKUPS

We lost >4< and could care less cuz some "Rookie or 2nd yr Reserves" are good enough to get it done..... I mean is DQ TRYING to get fired?

The media ought to roast their @zzes every interview!!!

On 10/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, Flying Falcon said:

Wth have we stepped into? What is seriously going on here?

It’s just standard AF Excuse Board 

He played pretty good until he got tired in the 3rd quarter.  It’s not his fault his conditioning isn’t great  (Lamar Holmes)

Its not their fault, they were tired

Its not the coaches fault,  the players didn’t execute

It’s not the coaches fault the team collapsed,  2 players were injured

It’s not the players or teams fault it’s the media

Flying Falcon likes this

"Print media" may be no more.

Same guys. No new hires.

They seemtto be slowly starting to question Quinn more.

Mike Smith had a good run here.

So, Quinn is better.

Reeves, Quinn, Smith, and maybe Bennet in Falcon history as head coach here.

8 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Yea you def didn't read the topic or hit the ped's this morning. Nobody ever said SB's are won Bc the media beats up the staff??? Wth are you doing that far out in left field?

Any Elite team that lost a starting player would try to fill that Void immediately rather than waiting till the season was lost......I.E. Philly INSTANTLY trying to find a replacement for Ajayi. AND THEY HAVE DECENT BACKUPS

We lost >4< and could care less cuz some "Rookie or 2nd yr Reserves" are good enough to get it done..... I mean is DQ TRYING to get fired?

The media ought to roast their @zzes every interview!!!

The question proposed by OP is if Atlanta sports media is partly to blame for the lack of success here. Keep up

19 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

And how exactly is that all on the Falcons? He played over half of his career in KC, and didn't even get a playoff win till he played for Atlanta, but go off...

On 10/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, Red&Black said:

Dan Reeves had only one division title...but he at least beat the Patriots and the Eagles:ninja:

A 9-7 Pete Carroll coached Patriots team with no Brady yet and a 3-13 Ray Rhodes coached Eagles team the year before Andy Reid got there. Yeah, the 1998 Falcons were supposed to beat those teams. 

19 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

Mike Smith had ONE division title his first 4 years too. I don't get the point of making that thread title although I agree with your points though on Dan Quinn's issues. I addressed that on my thread as well when I talked about the issues with this year's team besides the injuries. Next season for Dan Quinn will be year 5 for him. Year 5 was Mike Smith's best season. Now if 2019 is anything short of successful for the Falcons then yeah now we'll be talking about Dan Quinn's coaching job being on fire.