Jump to content

MLB Offseason


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nats bring in Trevor Rosenthal. He gets $7M base per year with team/vesting options tacked on. Deal can max out at $40M with performance incentives. Rosenthal did not have a team last year due to an injury so he didn't have to wait on MLB free agency to begin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nats bring in Trevor Rosenthal. He gets $7M base per year with team/vesting options tacked on. Deal can max out at $40M with performance incentives. Rosenthal did not have a team last year due to an injury so he didn't have to wait on MLB free agency to begin.

He's a guy I really wanted the Braves to stash away like the Rays did with Nathan Eovaldi last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Astros decline the option on Brian McCann. It was an expected move, McCann would have made $15M in 2019. Entering his age 35 season McCann isnt what he use to be.

Nope. He's really fallen off and has started having injury issues on top of it. I was really hoping that a homecoming as backup was in order for him but that went out the window when Flowers was resigned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

David Price announced he will not opt out of his contract. He will remain in Boston.

Kershaw has until 11:59 PM tomorrow night to decide. He is expected to sign with the Dodgers very quickly if he opts out.

Dodgers granted Kershaw an extension on his decision. He has until 4 PM tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. He's really fallen off and has started having injury issues on top of it. I was really hoping that a homecoming as backup was in order for him but that went out the window when Flowers was resigned.

He wouldn't be a bad fall back option if his knee surgery helped him out. Obviously the Braves should explore other options first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, K26dp said:

He wouldn't be a bad fall back option if his knee surgery helped him out. Obviously the Braves should explore other options first.

He and Flowers would make a decent platoon. But that's only if all the other options just aren't worth the asking price. B-Mac still hits for decent power against RHP. So that's where the Braves could make a platoon work. But we should do better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He and Flowers would make a decent platoon. But that's only if all the other options just aren't worth the asking price. B-Mac still hits for decent power against RHP. So that's where the Braves could make a platoon work. But we should do better.

I was kinda thinking this last night when I first saw this.  I'd love to have Mac back just out of principle, not to mention the extra pop he has.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cubs accepted Cole Hamels $20M team option. They then flipped Drew Smyly to Texas. Cubs have little flexibility with their payroll left so they have to get creative to add.

Rumors are they are working on finding a taker for Jason Heyward and/or Brandon Morrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Due to budget constraints the Indians are listening to trade offers on their veterans. They wont listen on Lindor or Ramirez.

I'd been wondering if they'd offer up Kluber. There could be the "true ace" everyone seems to want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to Buster Olney they will listen on Kluber.

I'd offer Gausman, Wright, and a lottery ticket for Kluber and Kipnis. If they didn't want to water down the deal with Kipnis for a better take, let the lottery ticket turn into Kolby Allard or Greyson Jenista.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I'd offer Gausman, Wright, and a lottery ticket for Kluber and Kipnis. If they didn't want to water down the deal with Kipnis for a better take, let the lottery ticket turn into Kolby Allard or Greyson Jenista.

Would they really do Kluber for those guys? Basically a rental, a top prospect and a guy who was severely overwhelmed in limited time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Malachore said:

Would they really do Kluber for those guys? Basically a rental, a top prospect and a guy who was severely overwhelmed in limited time?

Maybe? Gausman is under control for two years at arb prices, so he's not a rental. Wright and Allard were both 1st-rounders that have high-level minor league success. And Kipnis's contract is under water. 

The math works out, but who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, K26dp said:

Maybe? Gausman is under control for two years at arb prices, so he's not a rental. Wright and Allard were both 1st-rounders that have high-level minor league success. And Kipnis's contract is under water. 

The math works out, but who knows?

I was under the impression Gausman was in his past year of arbitration. I think Wright will be good just feel like Allard will get knocked around terribly up here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...