MLB Offseason

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't think those guys are enough for Trout.

And doesn't he want to play for Philly anyway?

Philadelphia's *best* prospect wouldn't crack our top five...and I mean that literally. I looked on MLB Pipeline before posting.  They don't have a player in the top 50 prospects. They only have two in the top 100. We have eight...and the package I mentioned of #30, #32, #37, #38 and  Bryce Wilson gets us anybody in baseball. It's also one that only San Diego, Chicago, Houston and maybe Toronto could even match. For the Bluejays to do it, they'd have to give up Vlad Jr. and Bichette, which isn't a deal anybody would make. So, it's really just the other three. I don't think you fully appreciate just how great our current minor league personnel is.

7 hours ago, jidady said:

Philadelphia's *best* prospect wouldn't crack our top five...and I mean that literally. I looked on MLB Pipeline before posting.  They don't have a player in the top 50 prospects. They only have two in the top 100. We have eight...and the package I mentioned of #30, #32, #37, #38 and  Bryce Wilson gets us anybody in baseball. It's also one that only San Diego, Chicago, Houston and maybe Toronto could even match. For the Bluejays to do it, they'd have to give up Vlad Jr. and Bichette, which isn't a deal anybody would make. So, it's really just the other three. I don't think you fully appreciate just how great our current minor league personnel is.

My point was we could trade for him but he'd likely sign with Philly and that I feel like Trout's value makes him virtually untradeable. 

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLB has proposed delaying the pitch clock till 2022. In return they want the 3 batter minimum, fewer mound visits, shorter commercial breaks, roster expansion and a single trade deadline. If the players agree those rules wouldnt be implemented until 2020.

When the 3 batter rule comes into play I will never watch baseball again

The roster cap is 26, max of 13 pitchers. September expansion would be to 28 with a cap of 14 pitchers. The league is attempting to limit pitching changes but maybe a pitch count minimum is more effective. It would be an issue if your 1 inning guy comes out and has to battle the first two hitters for 30 pitches.

41 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The roster cap is 26, max of 13 pitchers. September expansion would be to 28 with a cap of 14 pitchers. The league is attempting to limit pitching changes but maybe a pitch count minimum is more effective. It would be an issue if your 1 inning guy comes out and has to battle the first two hitters for 30 pitches.

I agree a pitch count makes more snese than number of batters by a ton

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLB has proposed delaying the pitch clock till 2022. In return they want the 3 batter minimum, fewer mound visits, shorter commercial breaks, roster expansion and a single trade deadline. If the players agree those rules wouldnt be implemented until 2020.

3 batter minimum is the only one of those I don't agree with. Everything else I fully agree with!!

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

My point was we could trade for him but he'd likely sign with Philly and that I feel like Trout's value makes him virtually untradeable. 

Respectfully, I think you could learn a lot about yourself and how receptive you are to ideas with this reply. I mention Atlanta's acquiring the unquestioned best player in baseball to pair with the reigning Rookie of the Year. You immediately say he wouldn't stay, and we couldn't get him anyway. It's okay to hope a little.

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

Respectfully, I think you could learn a lot about yourself and how receptive you are to ideas with this reply. I mention Atlanta's acquiring the unquestioned best player in baseball to pair with the reigning Rookie of the Year. You immediately say he wouldn't stay, and we couldn't get him anyway. It's okay to hope a little.

I get it.

But this FO has made me think otherwise the past 10 years or so, there hasn't been much hope other than "wait till next year". Maybe the 90s spoiled me.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I get it.

But this FO has made me think otherwise the past 10 years or so, there hasn't been much hope other than "wait till next year". Maybe the 90s spoiled me.

The 90s spoiled everyone. We got so use to winning a lot of people can't handle what's been happening. The misfortune of Georgia sports all around has ruined many as well. Created a lot of anger and pessimism. The Braves have a very talented team and should contend near the top of the league this year. It's just hard for some to buy in over fear of that pain if it doesnt happen.

26 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I get it.

That's completely fair. What I will say is that Acuna on his own is enough to give us hope for a while to come.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The 90s spoiled everyone. We got so use to winning a lot of people can't handle what's been happening. The misfortune of Georgia sports all around has ruined many as well. Created a lot of anger and pessimism. The Braves have a very talented team and should contend near the top of the league this year. It's just hard for some to buy in over fear of that pain if it doesnt happen.

ATL is my hometown and where I’m employed. I’m in my mid 40’s and I feel great about being a Georgia Sports Team fan. I love wearing my Braves hat and other gear repping my hometown team. I love it especially when a transplanted Yankee asks me where I’m from. I say I’m from Georgia/Atlanta this is my hometown, welcome and screw you lol.