MLB Offseason

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Fitting he signs with the Padres.. you know, since he’s your daddy and all.. 

i kid I kid

I don't. That's all he can slobber all over! Machado didn't do squat outside of one HR in the entire playoffs but he's not objective enough to realize that. Maybe he'll go root for the Padres and leave us all the heIl alone.

20 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Fitting he signs with the Padres.. you know, since he’s your daddy and all.. 

i kid I kid

I've been saying for years now that the Braves AND Hawks are trying to win on the cheap.  Manny could have been on the market for less than half that and the Braves wouldn't have made a move for him.  They ain't fooling me...

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I still dont understand what the Padres are doing.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Same here!! First Hosmer last year and now Machado this year. They've got 3 players now making over $20M. Too bad the majority of the rest of their roster looks like garbage! Hello 3rd place at best.

Admittedly, the Hosmer signing was bad because he's not that good of a baseball player. But it's not hard to see what they are doing. They have enough high-level prospects to subsidize handing out big contracts like this. Unless they address pitching, I still don't think they will be competitive in '19, but they've got some great arms coming soon. Plus there's a strong likelihood that Machado and Tatis will be the best left side of an infield by 2020.

15 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Admittedly, the Hosmer signing was bad because he's not that good of a baseball player. But it's not hard to see what they are doing. They have enough high-level prospects to subsidize handing out big contracts like this. Unless they address pitching, I still don't think they will be competitive in '19, but they've got some great arms coming soon. Plus there's a strong likelihood that Machado and Tatis will be the best left side of an infield by 2020.

Meh. Gore is easily the best one, while the rest have some pretty major red flags. Morejon can't stay healthy and while Paddack has put up some gaudy numbers, one could point to his advanced age in A ball as an explanation for that. Not to mention that he's got no breaking pitch. As a righty, even with two plus pitches, not having even an average - above average is typically a deal breaker.