Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Reds name David Bell manager.

Reds won that one.

Tells me too that the Angels are going to try to re-load rather than rebuild. Ausmus isn't a developmental manager. Well, he's not much of any kind of manager, but especially not one to get the most out of young players.

13 hours ago, Malachore said:

So why is Girardi even answering the phone if he's not interested?

Leverage. If he decides he wants a job he can command more money with more interested teams. After deciding not to go to Cincinnati he decided to sit out another year so he just turned around and dropped out of Texas too.

Mets are down to 3 for their GM job. Rays VP Chaim Bloom, Doug Melvin and Brodie Van Wagenen. Melvin is of course a former GM that's nearly 70. Wagenen has never worked in a FO before, hes an agent that represents a few Mets including Cespedes and deGrom. Wagenen apparently developed a good relationship with ownership as an agent. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mets are down to 3 for their GM job. Rays VP Chaim Bloom, Doug Melvin and Brodie Van Wagenen. Melvin is of course a former GM that's nearly 70. Wagenen has never worked in a FO before, hes an agent that represents a few Mets including Cespedes and deGrom. Wagenen apparently developed a good relationship with ownership as an agent. 

Wait, wouldn't being an agent and GM be a conflict of interests? There's no way MLB could allow him to do both jobs.

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wait, wouldn't being an agent and GM be a conflict of interests? There's no way MLB could allow him to do both jobs.

He would resign his position as an agent. It's happened before just not in MLB I don't think. I know it has in the NBA, maybe not GM but other positions. 

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He would resign his position as an agent. It's happened before just not in MLB I don't think. I know it has in the NBA, maybe not GM but other positions. 

Agent Jeff Moorad resigned when he bought into the Arizona Diamondbacks.

34 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Agent Jeff Moorad resigned when he bought into the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Why would a team hire an agent? Is it because they think the agent will help them lure free agents by understanding that side of negotiations?

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why would a team hire an agent? Is it because they think the agent will help them lure free agents by understanding that side of negotiations?

Sure. Some agents are also just quality baseball people. 

On 10/24/2018 at 0:03 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Doug Melvin is out. Down to two.