MLB Offseason

Unknøwn

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosenthal confirming Eovaldi to the Red Sox.

16 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Goldschmidt to the Cards for Luke Weaver, Carson Kelly, Andy Young and a draft pick. 

Good trade for both sides. For only 1 year of Goldschmidt, the DBacks got a solid back-rotation starter with upside, a young catcher who needed an opportunity, a pretty good lottery ticket (I'm partial to middle infielders who can hit), and will now have 7 draft picks in the top 70.

The Cards had the worst 1B defense in the majors last season (they really need to trade Jose Martinez to an AL team).

6 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I didn’t realize Carrasco was so old. Think they decided which SP they are keeping though. 

He's the same age as me, in fact, his birthday is 1 day after mine. Mine is March 20, 1987 and his is March 21, 1987. Debuted in 2009 and has been a regular since 2011. Didn't realize he had been around that long.

10 hours ago, Ransack said:

How is Harold Baines a HOF'er? I just don't understand.

That is a real mystery. Baines only had two top 10 finishes for MVP in his 22 year career while Dale Murphy actually won the award TWICE and is not in yet. It also opens up the discussion for players like Jim Edmunds, Alfonso Soriano, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Craig Nettles, and Dwight Evans who all had similar or better numbers than Baines and are not in the HOF. And let's not forget Andruw Jones and Fred McGriff. And I've never heard Jeff Kent directly connected with PEDS, but it appears many believe that he is guilty by association because he played on all those teams with Barry Bonds in SF and then with Manny Ramirez in LA.

18 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

That is a real mystery. Baines only had two top 10 finishes for MVP in his 22 year career while Dale Murphy actually won the award TWICE and is not in yet. It also opens up the discussion for players like Jim Edmunds, Alfonso Soriano, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Craig Nettles, and Dwight Evans who all had similar or better numbers than Baines and are not in the HOF. And let's not forget Andruw Jones and Fred McGriff. And I've never heard Jeff Kent directly connected with PEDS, but it appears many believe that he is guilty by association because he played on all those teams with Barry Bonds in SF and then with Manny Ramirez in LA.

Kent is also a *****, so that likely doesn't help his case. Looking solely at his numbers though, he should be a shoe-in.