MLB Offseason

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah, I'm reading posts from Braves fans on OTHER boards who are panning the Donaldson acquisition also.  

Ah, so people who have no ******* clue what they are talking about. Whereas, the people actually involved in the baseball world are universally praising it. Cool story.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Because you are assuming that the Marlins would move off of Acuna or Albies, when it has been widely reported that they would not. This isn't the Braves saying anything, it's pretty much every reporter, from beat writers to national ones. You can't "force" another team to take an alternate package, regardless of what it might look like in comparison to the one they are receiving. Jeter is making it readily apparent that he doesn't want to deal within the division unless it's significantly hurting the other team.

Ok.  Now if Jeter said THAT then I'm wrong about my accessment of the Yelich trade. See. Thats not hard.  That would explain the Realmoneytoo or whatever his name non trade also.

Edited by slickgadawg
26 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Braves SAY Acuna was the snag between them and the Marlins. Ok. If thats true how in the heck did the Brewers acquire Yelich by giving up Lewis Brinson and two other top prospects?  You telling me that Brinson is as good as Acuna?  Heck no. So I agree with the Braves laughing at that.  What i don't agree with is the Braves who have THE MOST LOADED minor league system in baseball, couldn't find, just like the Brewers did, other prospects to appease the Marlins for Yelich.  You give up Toussaint, Riley and another top prospect and you beat the Brewers right there.   

Lewis Brinson was a top 10 rated prospect and an outfielder and that's exactly what the Marlins wanted.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lewis Brinson was a top 10 rated prospect and an outfielder and that's exactly what the Marlins wanted.

Another person in this thread explained to me why the Marlins didn't work out a deal for Yelich. Seems Jeter doesn't wanna make deals within the division that would ultimately hurt the Marlins.  If he said that then I'm wrong about my assessment of the Yelich non trade. Yelich's contract isn't bad either which was making me think the Braves are really trying to be  Super cheap...

Edited by slickgadawg
2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I know it has. Don't take much to make some Atlantans happy...:lol:  Meanwhile,  in places like Boston, Oakland, New York, etc. they base happiness off championships, not signing busted retreads...

Wow bro..Donaldson had a bad calf last year, does that sound career ending? Because if not look at the 4 previous years, he's a monster. Now hes on grass which he already said did numbers on his body when he went to clev. And it's only 1 year so if it doesn't work, oh well. If you think McCann and Donaldson are a bad way to START the offsets on then you cray

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Another person in this thread explained to me why the Marlins didn't work out a deal for Yelich. Seems Jeter doesn't wanna make deals within the division that would ultimately hurt the Marlins.  If he said that then I'm wrong about my assessment of the Yelich non trade. Yelich's contract isn't bad either which was making me think the Braves are really trying to be  Super cheap...

Still doesn't change the fact that Lewis Brinson was a top 10 prospect and a outfielder which was what the Marlins were looking for. But yes, it's been pretty well known that Jeter won't trade inside the division unless it's a massive overpay. Hence the talk of wanting Acuna and Albies for Yelich or Realmuto and the asking price of Robles and Soto from the Nats for Realmuto.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Miller should look at coming back as a RP. 

Given the Pirates history of being able to turn guy’s careers around, that would be a great landing spot for him. I’m really hoping he gets it figured out. He’s such a good guy and his one year with the Braves was amazing!! I’ve never seen a guy pitch so good under such dire circumstances.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Hamilton isn't a great hitter obviously but he would be a good 4th out field option and late game pinch runner

If we were in the old days of having 5 bench guys, then sure, you could put a guy on the bench that is a defensive/base running only guy. But when you've only got 4 bench spots (not counting backup catcher) you just can't afford to waste one on that type of player.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If we were in the old days of having 5 bench guys, then sure, you could put a guy on the bench that is a defensive/base running only guy. But when you've only got 4 bench spots (not counting backup catcher) you just can't afford to waste one on that type of player.

That is true....it is annoying to have so few bench positions anymore