MLB Offseason

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, K26dp said:

If he would to 4/68, I'd sign him.

That's $17 AAV for a guy who the last 3 years has hit only .261/.323/.473 (.797) (102 OPS+) playing half his games in one of the best hitter parks in baseball. Thanks but no thanks. Give me Michael Brantley over Pollock any day!! I don't care that Pollock is a really good defensive centerfielder, Brantley is the better and more consistent hitter and is not bad defensively.

Braves have stockpiled more pitchers than any organization over the last 3 or so years, refuse to give any of them up in trades and STILL wanna go out and sign a front line pitcher...:lol:   they dont trust any of the minor league arms to develop into a front line soon but yet don't wanna off load any of them... makes no sense... 

They have the CURRENCY to go get a Christian Yelich when he was available, get a Harper, get a Machado.  Instead, they sign a busted up Donaldson with the hopes he will do a Matt Kemp at age 33...:lol:

They wanna win on the cheap.  They wanna acquire talent on the cheap... nobody is gonna play ball with them like that so they had to sign busted up Donaldson...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg
20 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Braves have stockpiled more pitchers than any organization over the last 3 or so years, refuse to give any of them up in trades and STILL wanna go out and sign a front line pitcher...:lol:   they dont trust any of the minor league arms to develop into a front line soon but yet don't wanna off load any of them... makes no sense... 

They have the CURRENCY to go get a Christian Yelich when he was available, get a Harper, get a Machado.  Instead, they sign a busted up Donaldson with the hopes he will do a Matt Kemp at age 33...:lol:

They wanna win on the cheap.  They wanna acquire talent on the cheap... nobody is gonna play ball with them like that so they had to sign busted up Donaldson...:lol:

And that CURRENCY was to the tune of Acuna and Albies. Easy to criticize when you're either being willfully ignorant or just completely oblivious to the facts.

9 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

And that CURRENCY was to the tune of Acuna and Albies. Easy to criticize when you're either being willfully ignorant or just completely oblivious to the facts.

I know who they SAY other teams wanted.  You can't tell me that with the depth of talent they have in pitching that they couldn't have swung a deal with some of their top arms instead of dealing Acuna or Albies.  You still got Riley or Swanson you can deal also.  For Christian Yelich they could've taken Toussiant, Riley AND another top arm off my hands. If they whined, I would've thrown Swanson in there too.

No, the Braves are REALLY saying that they wanna win cheap.  Heck, they admitted that when they kept Acuna off the big roster so that they could retain him as long as they could under his rookie contract.  You are not gonna beat Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Chicago, heck, maybe Philly or New York next year with the roster they keep trotting out there.  In fact the only reason they won the division this past year is because Washington can't figure out how to play consistently with all that talent they got.  Thats not gonna keep happening.

Sign Donaldson to 1 year contract. If he returns to form I guarantee you they will not resign him to a big long term contract...

Edited by slickgadawg
2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I know who they SAY other teams wanted.  You can't tell me that with the depth of talent they have in pitching that they couldn't have swung a deal with some of their top arms instead of dealing Acuna or Albies.  You still got Riley or Swanson you can deal also.  No, the Braves are REALLY saying that they wanna win cheap.  Heck, they admitted that when they kept Acuna off the big roster so that they could retain him as long as they could under his rookie contract.  You are not gonna beat Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Chicago, heck, maybe Philly or New York next year with the roster they keep trotting out there.  In fact the only reason they won the division this past year is because Washington can't figure out how to play consistently with all that talent they got.  Thats not gonna keep happening.

Sign Donaldson to 1 year contract. If he returns to form I guarantee you they will not resign him to a big long term contract...

How do you have any idea that the Marlins would move off of either of those two? If they did, I'm quite positive that Yelich would be in Atlanta right now. As for the rest of your post, I can't roll my eyes enough at that. There's literally been like 4-5 major signings or trades so far since the season ended, one of which was done by Atlanta. And I would hope they don't sign a guy moving into his mid 30's to a big, long-term contract. They would be monumentally stupid. 

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

I didn't! I've been asking for him to come back during every trade deadline!

It's been an amazing week for Braves fans!

I know it has. Don't take much to make some Atlantans happy...:lol:  Meanwhile,  in places like Boston, Oakland, New York, etc. they base happiness off championships, not signing busted retreads...

Edited by slickgadawg
6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Hey, I like when my team is better positioned to win. You apparently don't, which is strange but that's your call.

Thats where we disagree. I'm not bashing the Braves as something to do. I've been following all these Atlanta teams since the early 70s.  I know what it takes to win.  I also know when a franchise is just getting by.  Braves ownership, like Hawks ownership, is not trying to win at ANY cost.  They wanna win on the cheap.  In the NFL with their hard salary cap these issues never come up so the owners can't be questioned about their intent.  When Ted Turner owned the Braves he played ball with New York, Boston, Los Angeles, etc.  As soon as he sold the team Schurholz or whatever his name got away from the big ticket free agents with the new ownership.  

Edited by slickgadawg
48 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

There is no ******* way you are a fan of this team. It's just not possible with the straight **** you post consistently. You could do us all a big favor and just admit the truth.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There is no ******* way you are a fan of this team. It's just not possible with the straight **** you post consistently. You could do us all a big favor and just admit the truth.

:lol:  Brah, I wanna WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS...   All this window dressing ain't gonna cut it. You can't tell me that signing Josh Donaldson and McCann is better than giving up young arms and a prospect like Riley in order to get Christian Yelich.  And look, I'm not even getting into the Machado or Harper thing. I'm actually backing down on salary and pointing out they didnt REALLY want Yelich's asking price salary wise.   I'm passionate about championships so yeah, I give the Braves, Hawks or Falcons ZERO slack... 

The ONLY team in Georgia serious bout winning chips is my Dawgs. The Bulldogs are serious.  Mark Richt won 10 games EVERY year but no chips so he had to go. I love the passion of my dawgs.  Maybe the pro teams will get to that level some day...

Late edit.  The Falcons actually do pretty well considering the hard cap they have to deal with...

Edited by slickgadawg
6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

:lol:  Brah, I wanna WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS...   All this window dressing ain't gonna cut it. You can't tell me that signing Josh Donaldson and McCann is better than giving up young arms and a prospect like Riley in order to get Christian Yelich.  And look, I'm not even getting into the Machado or Harper thing. I'm actually backing down on salary and pointing out they didnt REALLY want Yelich's asking price salary wise.   I'm passionate about championships so yeah, I give the Braves, Hawks or Falcons ZERO slack... 

The ONLY team in Georgia serious bout winning chips is my Dawgs. The Bulldogs are serious.  Mark Richt won 10 games EVERY year but no chips so he had to go. I love the passion of my dawgs.  Maybe the pro teams will get to that level some day...

All I see when I read your posts are "blah, blah, blah, I don't care about the truth!! I can't handle the truth!! blah, blah, blah" It's why facts are ignored by you.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

All I see when I read your posts are "blah, blah, blah, I don't care about the truth!! I can't handle the truth!! blah, blah, blah" It's why facts are ignored by you.

What facts are I'm ignoring?  Point them out.  If I'm wrong about something I will admit it.  I said the same thing about the Hawks.  When they hired the new owners I predicted they was gonna increase the value of that franchise but keep the salaries low and thats exactly what they did.  Its the REASON that Buldenhozer left the  Hawks.  The headcoach of the Hawks wanted to keep trying and win but Hawks ownership wanted to get rid of all contracts, tank and rebuild on the cheap.  There was a clash so the headcoach and ownership agreed to part ways. The Braves are doing the same thing.   Its one of the reasons they hired Snitker.  Its business...

Edited by slickgadawg
27 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Thats where we disagree.

It's not that we disagree in that you have an INSANE hot take on the acquisition of a recent MVP player on a one-year contract. That's basically impossible in this day and age. And you're slagging the move. It's like looking into the night's sky and saying, "Boy, the sun sure is bright today."

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

What facts are I'm ignoring?  Point them out.  If I'm wrong about something I will admit it.  I said the same thing about the Hawks.  When they hired the new owners I predicted they was gonna increase the value of that franchise but keep the salaries low and thats exactly what they did.  Its the REASON that Buldenhozer left the  Hawks.  The headcoach of the Hawks wanted to keep trying and win but Hawks ownership wanted to get rid of all contracts, tank and rebuild on the cheap.  There was a clash so the headcoach and ownership agreed to part ways. The Braves are doing the same thing.   Its one of the reasons they hired Snitker.  Its business...

You're wrong about why Yelich isn't a Brave. Point blank wrong.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're wrong about why Yelich isn't a Brave. Point blank wrong.

The Braves SAY Acuna was the snag between them and the Marlins. Ok. If thats true how in the heck did the Brewers acquire Yelich by giving up Lewis Brinson and two other top prospects?  You telling me that Brinson is as good as Acuna?  Heck no. So I agree with the Braves laughing at that.  What i don't agree with is the Braves who have THE MOST LOADED minor league system in baseball, couldn't find, just like the Brewers did, other prospects to appease the Marlins for Yelich.  You give up Toussaint, Riley and another top prospect and you beat the Brewers right there.   

Edited by slickgadawg
17 minutes ago, jidady said:

It's not that we disagree in that you have an INSANE hot take on the acquisition of a recent MVP player on a one-year contract. That's basically impossible in this day and age. And you're slagging the move. It's like looking into the night's sky and saying, "Boy, the sun sure is bright today."

Brah, I'm reading posts from Braves fans on OTHER boards who are panning the Donaldson acquisition also.  And its not JUST Donaldson himself. People feel like the Braves could've gotten better than him.  They could've told Kemp to lose weight and gotten what Donaldson is gonna bring.

Edited by slickgadawg
Just now, slickgadawg said:

The Braves SAY Acuna was the snag between them and the Marlins. Ok. If thats true how in the heck did the Brewers acquire Yelich by giving up Lewis Brinson and two other top prospects?  You telling me that Brinson is as good as Acuna?  Heck no. So I agree with the Braves laughing at that.  What i don't agree with is the Braves having THE MOST LOADED minor league system in baseball couldn't find, just like the Brewers did, other prospects to appease the Marlins for Yelich.  You give up Toussaint, Riley and another top prospect and you beat the Brewers right there.   

Because you are assuming that the Marlins would move off of Acuna or Albies, when it has been widely reported that they would not. This isn't the Braves saying anything, it's pretty much every reporter, from beat writers to national ones. You can't "force" another team to take an alternate package, regardless of what it might look like in comparison to the one they are receiving. Jeter is making it readily apparent that he doesn't want to deal within the division unless it's significantly hurting the other team.