MLB Offseason

Unknøwn

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Phillies are real eager. They're hoping to get Goldschmidt,  sign one of Eovaldi, Happ or Corbin and land Kimbrel or Britton. They hope to do all that plus sign Harper or Machado. Philly really is looking to spend their way out of the rebuild.

Phillies will have Santana at third, Hoskins in left, and Harper in center by the time this is all over. They'll allow two unearned runs a night.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies had a deal for Goldschmidt. It was Eflin and other young players. Deal fell through because Philly tried to attach Santana's contract. 

"Wait a minute, who is this 'Charlie Sanders' that you inserted into the deal?"

"Him? Oh, nobody."

Mets are nearing a deal for Edwin Diaz and Robinson Cano. Names being talked about for Seattle are Jarred Kelenic and Justin Dunn. Seattle is reportedly willing to take less for Diaz if you take on Cano who is still owed $120M over 5 years.

Multiple teams still in on Diaz. Just not Cano, Seattle will have to decide if they want players or a salary dump. 

52 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mets are nearing a deal for Edwin Diaz and Robinson Cano. Names being talked about for Seattle are Jarred Kelenic and Justin Dunn. Seattle is reportedly willing to take less for Diaz if you take on Cano who is still owed $120M over 5 years.

Multiple teams still in on Diaz. Just not Cano, Seattle will have to decide if they want players or a salary dump. 

New GM, same old Mets.

18 minutes ago, jidady said:

Blash also slashed .200/.128/.328 in 45 mlb at bats this season and is 29. He has a career OPS of .612 in 324 plate appearances. My suspicion is that he's a great example of 4A, but I wouldn't blame a bad team for taking a chance on him

I think that's the entire point. There were times during the last handful of years I wished the Braves would have taken chances on guys like this instead of running washed up veterans out there.