MLB Offseason

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Sheffield’s projections are a bit of a mixed bag. Some believe he’s got #2 upside, others see relievers. Either way, NY needed immediate help and if Paxton stays healthy, they got a good one. 

Sheffield is a little like Gohara... two plus rated pitches, but has had a real tough time establishing a third pitch and occasional spotty command. But he does a real nice job limited hard contact, and also like Gohara is still plenty young enough to figure it out.

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

BTW, if I were a Seattle Mariners fan I'd be so pissed. They haven't made the playoffs since 2001 and they're coming off their best season in 10 years (89 wins) and now you decide to blow up the team.

That's because most those wins came in 2 month stretch and they sucked *** the rest of the year. Plus there best hitter is a FA that's long gone

32 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Need a Translation 

Anthopolous has a reputation as the "ninja GM". In Toronto and so far in Atlanta nobody knew his moves until they happened. In July the media said we were going to get Archer if we got anybody. Nobody had us landing Gausman. AA is very good at keeping his plans secret until hes ready.

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I knew someone would come up clutch for me. Thanks

Just remember the Matt Kemp deal last December. Nobody in the world had any rumors of that and then boom!! As much as it sucks to not be in the rumor mill I'd rather it be like this than the other way around and always getting my hopes up only to be disappointed. Think back to things like the Jake Peavy deal in 2007. Remember how awful that was how every single day it was "all but a done deal?"

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just remember the Matt Kemp deal last December. Nobody in the world had any rumors of that and then boom!! As much as it sucks to not be in the rumor mill I'd rather it be like this than the other way around and always getting my hopes up only to be disappointed. Think back to things like the Jake Peavy deal in 2007. Remember how awful that was how every single day it was "all but a done deal?"

Or the year we were bringing back Fookie and signing Junior only to have both fall through.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I vaguely remember that. Glad AA is different

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

New Mets FO is seriously listening on Syndergaard. There are reportedly 6 teams seriously bidding. Things are expected to fully heat up at the Winter Meetings next month. Mets want significant players in return that can impact them now.

I actually don't think that is a bad move. I think trading deGrom would be bad but I think moving Syndergaard in the right move is the correct call. Syndergaard's long-term durability is an issue IMO. He reminds me a lot of Strasburg. Completely dominant when healthy but always dealing with something.