Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

Boras said he disagrees with agents becoming GMs and will not meet with new Mets GM Van Wagenen. Boras said he'll talk with the owners or other Mets officials but not Wagenen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Boras said he disagrees with agents becoming GMs and will not meet with new Mets GM Van Wagenen. Boras said he'll talk with the owners or other Mets officials but not Wagenen.

This sport will be way better when Boras dies.

g-dawg and CrimsonFalcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ransack said:

This sport will be way better when Boras dies.

**** man that's ****** up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I agree with you though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Houston is being picked apart. They've lost 3 coaches on their staff to promotions and Fast changes FO's. Jays hired their hitting coach as bench coach, Angels hired their bullpen coach as pitching coach and the Cardinals hired their assistant hitting coach as their own hitting coach. 

And they lost Alex Cora the previous year. When you're good this is what happens. But k26dp makes a good point, could be that Jeff Ludlow is difficult to work with and guys want out of that environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Boras said he disagrees with agents becoming GMs and will not meet with new Mets GM Van Wagenen. Boras said he'll talk with the owners or other Mets officials but not Wagenen.

Sounds like someone is jealous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I wanted Mike Zunino so bad!! But if the Braves can't have him then I'm glad he landed with my favorite AL team.

 

For the Rays, the addition of Zunino gives them a catcher with light-tower power and premium defensive skills. However, Zunino pairs those highly desirable traits with enormous strikeout tendencies and questionable on-base skills. He’s coming off a season in which he hit just .201/.251/.406 with 20 homers, but he’s also only a season removed from a vastly superior .251/.339/.509 output and a career-high 25 homers. Over the past three seasons, Zunino is a .223/.300/.462 hitter with with 57 home runs in 1032 plate appearances. The average and OBP might not jump out, but when adjusting for the Mariners’ pitcher-friendly home park, that level of production rates at about seven percent better than the league-average hitter and nearly 20 percent better than that of a league-average catcher (by measure of OPS and wRC+).

Defensively, Zunino threw out a career-best 35 percent of would-be base thieves in 2018, and he perennially ranks among the league’s best in terms of pitch framing. He’s received well above-average marks in Baseball Prospectus’ Fielding Runs Above Average for catchers in each of his Major League seasons, and he’s controllable for the next two seasons. If the Rays feel they can curb Zunino’s alarming 34.2 percent career strikeout rate, perhaps they believe there’s some yet-untapped upside in the 27-year-old. If not, he’ll nonetheless give them a strong throwing/framing backstop with more power than just about any catcher in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cubs telling teams they'll move Bryant in the right deal. 

I'd gladly take Kluber and Bryant and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jidady said:

"Theo Epstein shot down Kris Bryant trade talks, saying "We are lucky to have some impact players and we are looking to add to them, not substract." (Paul Sullivan, Chicago Tribune) "

I wonder if those rumors were started by Bryant's camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it was true. Back in July we heard that Rizzo (Nats GM) had multiple deals in place. He was ready to blow it up and ownership stepped in and said no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

So it was true. Back in July we heard that Rizzo (Nats GM) had multiple deals in place. He was ready to blow it up and ownership stepped in and said no.

Yep. He was going to blow it up and ownership wouldn't let him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nationals would be the absolute powerhouse in their division right now if their ownership group just set a payroll and walked away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K26dp said:

The Nationals would be the absolute powerhouse in their division right now if their ownership group just set a payroll and walked away.

Do you really believe that Mike Rizzo and those front official people are that good? That if the ownership would get their nose out of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Do you really believe that Mike Rizzo and those front official people are that good? That if the ownership would get their nose out of it?

I think Rizzo is pretty good. Not perfect, but good enough to have won a championship by now I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I think Rizzo is pretty good. Not perfect, but good enough to have won a championship by now I think.

Do you believe the ownership is the reason for all the managerial changes that has caused issues in the clubhouse that has negatively affected the on field product? Rizzo has made some terrific moves as GM. They've had a lot of talent the last 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Do you believe the ownership is the reason for all the managerial changes that has caused issues in the clubhouse that has negatively affected the on field product? Rizzo has made some terrific moves as GM. They've had a lot of talent the last 5 years.

I think that is a group fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, K26dp said:

I think that is a group fail. 

I thought you were hinting at the ownership being the reason for the issues like that by your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now