Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Rumors are they are working on finding a taker for Jason Heyward and/or Brandon Morrow.

Why in the world would anyone take Heyward?

49 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I'd offer Gausman, Wright, and a lottery ticket for Kluber and Kipnis. If they didn't want to water down the deal with Kipnis for a better take, let the lottery ticket turn into Kolby Allard or Greyson Jenista.

This is a move I could really get behind!!

37 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Would they really do Kluber for those guys? Basically a rental, a top prospect and a guy who was severely overwhelmed in limited time?

Let's play a little game, name that pitcher!!

• Pitcher A = 9 G, 9 GS, 50 1/3 IP, 55 H, 34 R, 31 ER, 5 HR, 33 BB, 20 SO, 5.54 ERA, 1.748 WHIP
  • Pitcher B = 3 G, 1 GS, 8 IP, 19 H, 12 R, 11 ER, 3 HR, 4 BB, 3 SO, 12.38 ERA, 2.875 WHIP
  • Pitcher C = 6 G, 5 GS, 31 IP, 44 H, 20 R, 19 ER, 3 HR, 11 BB, 20 SO, 5.52 ERA, 1.774 WHIP
  • Pitcher D = 30 G, 27 GS, 155 2/3 IP, 181 H, 111 R, 97 ER, 17 HR, 74 BB, 101 SO, 5.61 ERA, 1.638 WHIP
  • Pitcher E = 12 G, 12 GS, 64 IP, 74 H, 40 R, 39 ER, 10 HR, 33 BB, 37 SO, 5.48 ERA, 1.672 WHIP
  • Pitcher F = 4 G, 4 GS, 14 2/3 IP, 22 H, 19 R, 16 ER, 3 HR, 10 BB, 4 SO, 9.82 ERA, 2.182 WHIP

Ryu, Corbin, Kuechel, Grandal, Harper, Kimbrel and Pollock all got QO's.

Corbin is still considered a virtual lock for the Yankees. For those who missed it he grew up a huge fan and his family is a long line of huge fans. His dream is to play for the Yankees.

31 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ryu, Corbin, Kuechel, Grandal, Harper, Kimbrel and Pollock all got QO's.

Corbin is still considered a virtual lock for the Yankees. For those who missed it he grew up a huge fan and his family is a long line of huge fans. His dream is to play for the Yankees.

I hope his experience of living out his dream goes better than lots of guys who couldn't handle playing for the Yankees.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I hope his experience of living out his dream goes better than lots of guys who couldn't handle playing for the Yankees.

I don't. 

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Let's play a little game, name that pitcher!!

• Pitcher A = 9 G, 9 GS, 50 1/3 IP, 55 H, 34 R, 31 ER, 5 HR, 33 BB, 20 SO, 5.54 ERA, 1.748 WHIP
  • Pitcher B = 3 G, 1 GS, 8 IP, 19 H, 12 R, 11 ER, 3 HR, 4 BB, 3 SO, 12.38 ERA, 2.875 WHIP
  • Pitcher C = 6 G, 5 GS, 31 IP, 44 H, 20 R, 19 ER, 3 HR, 11 BB, 20 SO, 5.52 ERA, 1.774 WHIP
  • Pitcher D = 30 G, 27 GS, 155 2/3 IP, 181 H, 111 R, 97 ER, 17 HR, 74 BB, 101 SO, 5.61 ERA, 1.638 WHIP
  • Pitcher E = 12 G, 12 GS, 64 IP, 74 H, 40 R, 39 ER, 10 HR, 33 BB, 37 SO, 5.48 ERA, 1.672 WHIP
  • Pitcher F = 4 G, 4 GS, 14 2/3 IP, 22 H, 19 R, 16 ER, 3 HR, 10 BB, 4 SO, 9.82 ERA, 2.182 WHIP

Ok, guess I'll give the answers since no one played my game with me.

• Pitcher A = Tom Glavine
  • Pitcher B = Kolby Allard
  • Pitcher C = Greg Maddux
  • Pitcher D = Greg Maddux's First Full Season
  • Pitcher E = John Smoltz
  • Pitcher F = Curt Schilling

The point is, thinking 3 games from a 20 year old 1st round pick rookie who's got a terrific minor league track record means anything (good or bad) is jumping the gun just a little too quickly.

20 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Chris Woodward hired as Rangers manager 

Sorry if this was already posted but I didn't see it. Blue Jays hired Rays bench coach Charlie Montoyo as manager.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Why in the world would anyone take Heyward?

I would not mind him back in Atlanta if the cubs ate most of his salary...Heyward,Acuna,and Ender is one **** of a defensive outfield.

But they would need to eat A LOT of his salary

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would not mind him back in Atlanta if the cubs ate most of his salary...Heyward,Acuna,and Ender is one **** of a defensive outfield.

Defensive is the key word,  but he hasn't provided much offensively.  

Falconsfan567 and tl;dr like this

1 minute ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Defensive is the key word,  but he hasn't provided much offensively.  

Yeah ,  he has not lived up to his offensive potential  for sure

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yeah ,  he has not lived up to his offensive potential  for sure

Even not living up to his offensive potential would be an improvement over what he's done his 3 years with the Cubs. His wRC+ the last 3 years is 72, 88, and 99. That's beyond bad.

Malachore likes this

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

They could eat all his salary and he'd still not be worth it.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

White Sox are pulling out the blank checks. They reportedly are ready to compete and are willing to spend big to get better.

Their rebuild is kind of a disaster. The Kopech UCL tear was a big blow. Moncada, Anderson, and Giolito have been disappointing. Their drafts haven't been great. Eloy Jimenez could come up and be great, but if they aren't patient with the arms like Cease, Dunning, and Hansen this could get ugly quickly.

Malachore likes this

Seattle is reportedly willing to blow up their roster. They'll trade pretty much anyone as long as you meet their demands. They're open to going either way if the market isnt what they hope.

38 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Seattle is reportedly willing to blow up their roster. They'll trade pretty much anyone as long as you meet their demands. They're open to going either way if the market isnt what they hope.

Wonder what they would want in a Paxton/Haniger package. 

ATLBrave and Falconsfan567 like this

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Wonder what they would want in a Paxton/Haniger package. 

Paxton, Haniger and Zunino!! Make it happen!!! I'd cream my pants!!

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Paxton, Haniger and Zunino!! Make it happen!!! I'd cream my pants!!

LOL I was thinking of you when I made the post but still don't want Zunino.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LOL I was thinking of you when I made the post but still don't want Zunino.

Why? Why wouldn't you want a guy with a wRC+ of 127 in 2016 and 117 in 2017 who's great at throwing out baserunners? What's not to like about a guaranteed 25 dingers from your catcher? He's also still young and has untapped offensive potential.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why? Why wouldn't you want a guy with a wRC+ of 127 in 2016 and 117 in 2017 who's great at throwing out baserunners? What's not to like about a guaranteed 25 dingers from your catcher? He's also still young and has untapped offensive potential.

His career slash looks worse than Ugla's last years.