Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Trout gets $430M. Harper must be depressed right now. Went to Philly to bring in Trout and got $100M less.

Wow $430M 12 years

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Like the rest of the country, baseball's economic system is still broken despite a very small handful of people doing well. I don't begrudge Trout or Harper or Machado (and I assume Betts and deGrom soon) their big contracts, but they are being subsidized on the backs of young players (and minor leaguers) not getting equitable pay and the "middle class" of players getting squeezed out.

I agree and I want to see younger guys, specifically minor leaguers, get paid well enough to live and then some. The players union needs to take care of those guys and not just the top 1-3% like they did in the last CBA.

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, Ransack said:

Trout about to sign a 12 year $430 million dollar extension with LAA

On a side note this pretty much blows up most of the arguments that the players union had going into the next CBA agreement. They need to be really careful about how they play this because after 3 guys getting over $1B in contract value the fans are going to rake them over the coals if they even hint at a strike.

Also blows up the whole Bryce Harper only went to the Phillies so he could play with Mike Trout deal too!!

tl;dr likes this

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Like the rest of the country, baseball's economic system is still broken despite a very small handful of people doing well. I don't begrudge Trout or Harper or Machado (and I assume Betts and deGrom soon) their big contracts, but they are being subsidized on the backs of young players (and minor leaguers) not getting equitable pay and the "middle class" of players getting squeezed out.

Check this out!! If this doesn't explain how broken MLB's economic system is then I don't know what will.

33 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I agree and I want to see younger guys, specifically minor leaguers, get paid well enough to live and then some. The players union needs to take care of those guys and not just the top 1-3% like they did in the last CBA.

This is what I was trying to say a couple weeks ago about how messed up the system is.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Also blows up the whole Bryce Harper only went to the Phillies so he could play with Mike Trout deal too!!

I remember when the Phillies were getting Machado, Harper, and Trout. Good times. 

The minor league changes are the best thing to come out of Kyler Murray's choosing the NFL. The average baseball team's worth $1.3 billion, yet minor leaguers who aren't bonus babies can't afford to eat.

K26dp and CrimsonFalcon like this

Brewers in talks with Kimbrel. 

Gunna be some serious ******** if they get him and Grandal on short term deals that would have filled 2 huge holes for thos team.

50 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Brewers in talks with Kimbrel. 

Gunna be some serious ******** if they get him and Grandal on short term deals that would have filled 2 huge holes for thos team.

**** they are going to be really good

Astros and Alex Bregman agree to a 6 year $100M extension. 

Rays also extend Brandon Lowe for 6 years $24M. 

22 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLB will finally work on treating minor leaguers better

The attention that MLB got for lobbying Congress last year to keep minor league players from being subject to minimum wage laws has totally backfired on them. All it did was highlight the disparities in the system. 

jidady likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Is that not like the greatest thing ever though? If I was super famous and rich, I would love to be able to walk around anonymously. 

falconsd56 and Falconsfan567 like this

Just now, tl;dr said:

Is that not like the greatest thing ever though? If I was super famous and rich, I would love to be able to walk around anonymously. 

Yep!! I'm sure it doesn't bother Mike Trout one bit!

tl;dr likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Colin Cowherd is everything wrong with sports. Ridiculous takes with the intent only to drum up heat and get clicks. No desire to give a take based on real facts or statistics. More concerned with who recognizes a player based on there antics or fashion sense than physical ability or work ethic. A clown who I guarantee doesn't visit many places alone and has the testosterone level of a seahorse. 

Trout said he spoke with Machado and Harper before signing his deal. He said they really put it in perspective and made him decide free agency wasnt worth it. Trout mentioned both of those guys had a rough two months. Itll be interesting to see if the current climate keeps more players from changing teams.