Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Boras reportedly refuses to let Harper sign for less than Machado. 

Philly plans to make a run at Keuchel and/or Kimbrel if they can't land Harper or move on from him.

Then I really, really hope Harper signs there.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Philly plans to make a run at Keuchel and/or Kimbrel if they can't land Harper or move on from him.

$300,000,001

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Is Scott Boras Bryce Harper's daddy? Sure sounds like it!!

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Marwin Gonzales to the Twins for 2/12.

Ok, this is another one of those deals that really annoys me that the Braves didn't do. This one, Michael Brantley, and Cody Allen. Either AA is stingy as heIl or free agents don't want to sign with the Braves.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok, this is another one of those deals that really annoys me that the Braves didn't do. This one, Michael Brantley, and Cody Allen. Either AA is stingy as heIl or free agents don't want to sign with the Braves.

I've been saying this all offseason. He's sitting back and riding last year's success and it's going to bite us in the ***.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would have liked this deal in a heartbeat. UGH!

Malachore likes this

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

Ugh. That's a deal I would have done in a heart beat. Makes the team that much better instantly.

Maybe he wanted to stay in the AL so he could DH on off days in the field? Trying to find a reason that makes me feel better lol. 

20 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ugh. That's a deal I would have done in a heart beat. Makes the team that much better instantly.

Maybe he wanted to stay in the AL so he could DH on off days in the field? Trying to find a reason that makes me feel better lol. 

Nah this FO's just shoveling us **** at this point.

6 hours ago, Malachore said:

You inverted the numbers. It's two years at $21 million.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

You inverted the numbers. It's two years at $21 million.

Was reported on MLBN at 2/12.

Wouldn't be the 1st time they were wrong.

$21M is the accurate number. I was just coming here to post that. He gets 10.5M per.  Still would have considered him at that range. He plays so many positions and hes actually been a better hitter away from Houston. Hes .272 career away from Houston, .254 at home. 40 HR at home, 36 away.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

26 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

$21M is the accurate number. I was just coming here to post that. He gets 10.5M per.  Still would have considered him at that range. He plays so many positions and hes actually been a better hitter away from Houston. Hes .272 career away from Houston, .254 at home. 40 HR at home, 36 away.

When I was looking at earlier, I decided that's probably a fair price for him if a bit high. He's just okay offensively, but it would be phenomenal to have a second Camargo type on the team. We'd be injury-proof.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

When I was looking at earlier, I decided that's probably a fair price for him if a bit high. He's just okay offensively, but it would be phenomenal to have a second Camargo type on the team. We'd be injury-proof.

At $12M I would have been all over it. But $21M makes it a little harder to do but it's not something I would cry about. It would have been amazing to have him, Camargo and Culberson on the bench.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Please let this happen!! It would be amazing!!

Best part is, they still aren't a playoff team in San Diego. Not with the Dodgers out there. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Phillies owner has been in Las Vegas for 2 days. Speculation is the team is moving closer to a deal with Harper. Sounds like it's going to be a 10 year deal similar to Machado. We'll have to see when he gets his opt out and how much more he gets.

Theres supposedly a couple of other teams making final pushes in Vegas as well

On 2/20/2019 at 2:27 PM, Malachore said:

Must be nice to be able to sign the best pitcher FA and best position player too.

San Diego signed Corbin?

4 minutes ago, K26dp said:

San Diego signed Corbin?

The post I was quoting was about Harper possibly heading back to Washington.

Unless you are saying Machado is better than Harper? I'm just don't trust Machado to not coast now that he got paid along with possibly being on a 3rd place team.

52 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The post I was quoting was about Harper possibly heading back to Washington.

Unless you are saying Machado is better than Harper? I'm just don't trust Machado to not coast now that he got paid along with possibly being on a 3rd place team.

I know. And yes, I think Machado is the better all-round player.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

I know. And yes, I think Machado is the better all-round player.

When he wants to be.. if Harper had Manny’s ability or if Manny had Harper’s hustle... 

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

When he wants to be.. if Harper had Manny’s ability or if Manny had Harper’s hustle... 

Neither one of them is a max effort player. Harper's no better than Machado in this area.

K26dp likes this

Told yall a before Machado signed that he would be in SD and Harper would land in Philly, now that it's all going through, I expect the Braves to make a run at Kimbrel or Keuchel

Multiple reports that the Dodgers have suddenly jumped back in on Harper. If they're serious about him that could be a huge threat to Philly. Harper would be close to home and have the LA stage.

Buster Olney adds that NL teams can explore longer deals with the knowledge the DH will be happening soon.