Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’ll take what you said last year for $1000 Alex..

They are projected anywhere from 3rd to next to last in that division.  Don't let last years weak National League East fool you.  Not gonna be like that this year.  Everything hangs on their pitching.  The everyday lineup is OK even though I would like one more big bat in there.  If Donaldson can bounce back, and thats a BIG if, then they are gonna be fine thru the order.   Its that pitching.  The division loaded up on bats and the Braves struggled against a weaker division last season.

If the Braves stop being cheap and make a move to get Bumgarner under a long term contract and make a move for a SOLID middle reliever, then I would feel better about the pitching.  I think the closers will bounce back. Too talented not to. Its the starting pitching and middle relief that worries me about them...

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

They are projected anywhere from 3rd to next to last in that division.  Don't let last years weak National League East fool you.  Not gonna be like that this year.  Everything hangs on their pitching.  The everyday lineup is OK even though I would like one more big bat in there.  If Donaldson can bounce back, and thats a BIG if, then they are gonna be fine thru the order.   Its that pitching.  The division loaded up on bats and the Braves struggled against a weaker division last season.

If the Braves stop being cheap and make a move to get Bumgarner under a long term contract and make a move for a SOLID middle reliever, then I would feel better about the pitching.  I think the closers will bounce back. Too talented not to. Its the starting pitching and middle relief that worries me about them...

This is entirely false. The Braves dominated the NL East last year with 40 wins. It was against everyone else that we struggled

I understand your frustration but you're doing nothing but embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge at this point.

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

18 minutes ago, Ransack said:

This is entirely false. The Braves dominated the NL East last year with 40 wins. It was against everyone else that we struggled

I understand your frustration but you're doing nothing but embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge at this point.

Hold up...I wanna see how this plays out...

Drew4719, jidady and Falconsfan567 like this

22 minutes ago, Ransack said:

The Braves have ZERO problems.  There is nothing to complain about. You are correct.  They are the monsters of the midway and I dare anybody to point out any flaws...

Edited by slickgadawg

15 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Braves have ZERO problems.  There is nothing to complain about. You are correct.  They are the monsters of the midway and I dare anybody to point out any flaws...

I've got no problem with you being frustrated or disagreeing with anyone on here. Just get your facts straight first.

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I mean.. where to start..

using projections as a reference.. same projections that were wrong last year..

don’t let last year’s weak division fool us? The one that we struggled against? Lmao

I do think a quality starter would be nice to add, but I also think there’s one or more on the way here soon.. so I won’t cry if we don’t break the bank to get one.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

5 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

There's a chasm between "we're okay with what we've got" and "we're a perfect team". You're flipping between extremes so dramatically that it's impossible to take anything you say seriously. I realize that you're lazy-trolling right now, but this nonsense is a waste of your time as a would-be troll.

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I mean.. where to start..

using projections as a reference.. same projections that were wrong last year..

don’t let last year’s weak division fool us? The one that we struggled against? Lmao

I do think a quality starter would be nice to add, but I also think there’s one or more on the way here soon.. so I won’t cry if we don’t break the bank to get one.

Not to mention the Braves were 7th in team ERA in 2018. No, not 7th in the NL, that was 7th in the entire majors!! But somehow the Braves pitching is a problem?

TheTrue7 likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Must be nice to be able to sign the best pitcher FA and best position player too.

Must be nice to play in a bigger city and generate more revenue because of it.

• Washington, DC = 672,228 (22nd)
  • Atlanta, GA = 463,878 (39th)

DC has over 200,000 more people living there than Atlanta does and that makes a massive difference in revenue streams and what teams can afford to spend on payroll.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not to mention the Braves were 7th in team ERA in 2018. No, not 7th in the NL, that was 7th in the entire majors!! But somehow the Braves pitching is a problem?

Image result for julio teheran gives up home run gif

Just joking...:lol:

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

DC has over 200,000 more people living there than Atlanta does and that makes a massive difference in revenue streams and what teams can afford to spend on payroll.

The Braves make more money than the Nationals...

https://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/#tab:overall

Edited by slickgadawg

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ya we have a big pitching problem, get over yourself, we had weeks stretches where we were ranked dead last in era, so yes they were very inconstant and very bad which means they are not reliable which means they are bad. Your baseball input is bad

Edited by TRUju2111

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm aware of the markets but let's not pretend they would do it anyways.

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

Must be nice to be able to sign the best pitcher FA and best position player too.

Corbin is overrated

9 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ya we have a big pitching problem, get over yourself, we had weeks stretches where we were ranked dead last in era, so yes they were very inconstant and very bad which means they are not reliable which means they are bad. Your baseball input is bad

It's called youth. Youth can be inconsistent. No reason to believe they didnt get better after last year. Do you guys not believe in progression? I would imagine all of you would have wanted Glavine and Smoltz released too. Its take time, maybe they wont improve but theres only one way to find out. Assuming isn't the way to do it even if some already have.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's called youth. Youth can be inconsistent. No reason to believe they didnt get better after last year. Do you guys not believe in progression? I would imagine all of you would have wanted Glavine and Smoltz released too. Its take time, maybe they wont improve but theres only one way to find out. Assuming isn't the way to do it even if some already have.

Yet you guys are leaving out the fact the every young guy got worse as the season goes on, so in reality those foggy numbers are deluted more by the fact that our pitching was way better in the first half 

9 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Yet you guys are leaving out the fact the every young guy got worse as the season goes on, so in reality those foggy numbers are deluted more by the fact that our pitching was way better in the first half 

Yeah, youth. MLB seasons are a lot longer and more demanding. Some of those young arms just hit the wall. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

23 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Says the guy that doesn't know that blown saves are counted for any point in the game and not just the 9th inning. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Says the guy that doesn't know that blown saves are counted for any point in the game and not just the 9th inning. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or I just thought you were talking about blown saves in the fashion that everybody be else in the world talks about them, and your blown saves don't take into account tied games. Just look at our record in extras, I know we started off like 0-6, and didn't finish much better. So ya our BP sucks

14 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yeah, youth. MLB seasons are a lot longer and more demanding. Some of those young arms just hit the wall. 

Or major league bats adjusted just like major league arms adjusted to Albies. And like Albie's our pitchers never reinvented themselves, just stayed the same and sucked

Edited by TRUju2111

8 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Or major league bats adjusted just like major league arms adjusted to Albies. And like Albie's our pitchers never reinvented themselves, just stayed the same and sucked

Yes, which is typically something that young pitchers go through when they haven't played many full seasons (see Folty 2017 vs. 2018)

Falconsfan567 likes this