Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Harper is reportedly getting closer to signing. Nothing imminent but getting interesting. 

Or nothing is happened and Boras told Heyman to shake the trees.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Or nothing is happened and Boras told Heyman to shake the trees.

ah, ****....here come the angry tweets from the MLBPA.

K26dp likes this

27 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Brewers and Mike Moustakas agree on a 1 year deal.

Glad those crazy kids got back together.

3 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

ah, ****....here come the angry tweets from the MLBPA.

These guys have to know the facts behind these long term hige money deals. 

Reports that Harper and Philly are getting close. Some recent reports suggest he will get his long term deal and north of $300M. Is it all Boras? I guess we'll see. It would make sense for Boras to attempt to stir the pot with Harper probably getting frustrated as everyone is getting back on the field. 

GM's were apparently informed SD offered Machado 8 years $240M with deferred money. No one really knows how much interest Machado really has in SD though. Some rumblings he could go to his preferred spot with the Yankees if he would accept short term.

On 2/16/2019 at 0:00 AM, K26dp said:

I don't think Harper is re-signing with Washington. Thomas Boswell just went scorched earth on Harper in the Washington Post.

I actually thought that was an even-handed, accurate, and fair evaluation of Washington with and without Harper. It circles back to a discussion on TATF the other day about Leonard Fournette. The most talented players are oftentimes the most difficult to coach. They can just skate by, and Harper has been.

I don't doubt it's accuracy. I just suspect it wouldn't have seen the light of day if there was a shot of Harper coming back to DC.

Khris Davis told the media he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in Oakland. Hes at $16M a year through arbitration right now but said that's his top, he doesnt want more and is even willing to go down to $10M in exchange for years.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Khris Davis told the media he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in Oakland. Hes at $16M a year through arbitration right now but said that's his top, he doesnt want more and is even willing to go down to $10M in exchange for years.

I've heard of taking less money to win a championship but never less money to almost certainly guarantee you won't even win your leagues pennant. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I've heard of taking less money to win a championship but never less money to almost certainly guarantee you won't even win your leagues pennant. 

Sometimes comfort goes a long way

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Sometimes comfort goes a long way

I mean yeah but that usually when a player is nearing the end. This guy's still young and is willing to give up on 30-35 mil over the course of his contract.

Good for him but I gotta either win or get paid if that's me lol

10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I mean yeah but that usually when a player is nearing the end. This guy's still young and is willing to give up on 30-35 mil over the course of his contract.

Different strokes, different folks

Malachore likes this

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's 31. That's not old in baseball terms but it's not young either. I think he's just happy where he is because he doesn't have to worry about anything. He knows if he stays healthy he's guaranteed to play everyday and he's smashed 42, 43, and 48 homeruns the last 3 years. He clearly likes hitting in Oakland. He's probably also thinking that, if he gets traded he could end up in a far worse situation to be in than Oakland. Some place like Kansas City that is years away from being competitive.

28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's 31. That's not old in baseball terms but it's not young either. I think he's just happy where he is because he doesn't have to worry about anything. He knows if he stays healthy he's guaranteed to play everyday and he's smashed 42, 43, and 48 homeruns the last 3 years. He clearly likes hitting in Oakland. He's probably also thinking that, if he gets traded he could end up in a far worse situation to be in than Oakland. Some place like Kansas City that is years away from being competitive.

I would think if he were traded it would be to a contender. 

I forgot he's 31 though.

Part of his thinking is the FA market is not kind right now. His thinking is hes better off going for 3 years $30M+ over trying to land a big deal as a FA. His target of 3 years gives the players a chance to fix the FA market during the next CBA negotiations. He also acknowledged that he might be traded and added it's his understanding they will not trade him unless they completely fall off.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Harper is about to sign with Philly, we need pitching so bad after this signing

We've heard that for 3 days and its yet to happen. We've also heard that multiple teams are still in and we've heard multiple teams have offered $300M. At this point it has to be all Boras. Everything is so chaotic and all over the place. Yesterday Ken Rosenthal reported Philly prefers Machado so who even knows.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

We've heard that for 3 days and its yet to happen. We've also heard that multiple teams are still in and we've heard multiple teams have offered $300M. At this point it has to be all Boras. Everything is so chaotic and all over the place. Yesterday Ken Rosenthal reported Philly prefers Machado so who even knows.

Harper to Philly, Machado to SD, be done by the end of the week