Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yankees have reportedly offered 7 or 8 years $220M to Machado. That's reportedly close to the Phillies and White Sox. Those two are said to be working in the $175-225M range.

One of the few times I would rather see the Yankees get a top priced FA. Don't want him in Philly 

35 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

One of the few times I would rather see the Yankees get a top priced FA. Don't want him in Philly 

Don't worry about Machado because they're after Harper.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Well.. machado fits the mold.. being he can’t grow a beard 

m2Falcons, Malachore and K26dp like this

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Well.. machado fits the mold.. being he can’t grow a beard 

Harper may not want to go there because of the beard policy. I've actually heard players say that they have turned down offers to play for the Yankees because of the beard policy.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Harper may not want to go there because of the beard policy. I've actually heard players say that they have turned down offers to play for the Yankees because of the beard policy.

Can’t blame them

Falconsfan567 likes this

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's shaved his beard a few times though.

Giants and Harper reportedly had a very good meeting today. Giants were very impressed by Harper. I would imagine Harper probably prefers to go home to the west.

m2Falcons likes this

43 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Giants have a huge payroll and a bunch of nobodies. 

We were supposed to have a huge payroll, look what that got us

8 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

We were supposed to have a huge payroll, look what that got us

I never really expected us to be more than league average. Unfortunately we aren't even that afaik and that's what aggravates me.

As it sits now the Braves payroll is right in the middle. They are #17 in the league. That's just $6M lower than the 3 teams ahead of them. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

As it sits now the Braves payroll is right in the middle. They are #17 in the league. That's just $6M lower than the 3 teams ahead of them. 

I'm seeing league average of 122 mil with the Braves at 106 mil and that's after the ridiculous 1 year deal to Donaldson. I don't think looking at their ranking is proper. They are like 15 million below league average payroll. That's a big chunk you can use to improve this roster.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I'm seeing league average of 122 mil with the Braves at 106 mil and that's after the ridiculous 1 year deal to Donaldson. I don't think looking at their ranking is proper. They are like 15 million below league average payroll. That's a big chunk you can use to improve this roster.

We also need payroll to add in July too. You can't burn up everything now.

So listen up guys, I have an announcement. I am plannin a formal protest at Suntrust Park sometime very soon. We can sit here and gripe on a message board or we can get out and have our voices be heard. As fans we should have a bigger voice and we should fight back against our oppressors. We have been taken advantage of and abused too long. This rebuild may have only been a few years but its felt like decades and thats all that matters, our feelings right? These front office monarchs need to be aware of the dissention in the ranks. Not only have we been oppressed but outright lied to and manipulated. We were told many things going into the offseason. These were "offered" to inspire electricity in the fanbase. We "accepted " it gleefully. This is the basis of a legal contract, an offer, and an acceptance. If enough support is generated we will look into filing a lawsuit for breach of contract and who know these days we may get some money for our pain and suffering. I mean I cant even watch MLB Network anymore its just too depressing. DM if interested and I will update when we have a firm date and time. Thank you all.

PS. Also we will be organizing an angry mob to head to Bruce Sutters house to send a stern warning on how we feel about his highway robbery stunt. We gonna take that money out of his most likely gorgeous lawn.

Falconsfan567 and K26dp like this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

We also need payroll to add in July too. You can't burn up everything now.

You don't honestly believe this FO is going to add nearly 15 million in July though do you?

56 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You don't honestly believe this FO is going to add nearly 15 million in July though do you?

Anthopolous has proven himself pretty capable of big July splashes in Toronto. No reason to believe he wouldnt be the same guy now.

32 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Anthopolous has proven himself pretty capable of big July splashes in Toronto. No reason to believe he wouldnt be the same guy now.

I don't know. I feel like he's already shown his past trades in Toronto have made him afraid.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I don't know. I feel like he's already shown his past trades in Toronto have made him afraid.

Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Malachore likes this

This has been the worst MLB offseason ever!! So boring. So little activity. So many big names still on the market. It's ridiculous!! I blame both the owners and the players. Owners are more stingy than ever before and the players are more greedy than ever before.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This has been the worst MLB offseason ever!! So boring. So little activity. So many big names still on the market. It's ridiculous!! I blame both the owners and the players. Owners are more stingy than ever before and the players are more greedy than ever before.

This is an understatement.. I've never seen in off season as battery and it makes it even more frustrating because I feel like there are deals out there we could get and we're not doing it because we're looking ahead to 2020 for some silly reason.

Kyler Murray gave the A's $1.29M of the $1.5M he got back. He will also forfeit the $3M he was due to receive for being an A's prospect March 1.