Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

That's a lot for one year of realmuto (although he is an excellent player). Makes me wish even more that we had upgraded RF with a legit offensive threat there. Still time, but the Braves may be done with starting position players right now. 

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

That's a lot for one year of realmuto (although he is an excellent player). Makes me wish even more that we had upgraded RF with a legit offensive threat there. Still time, but the Braves may be done with starting position players right now. 

They get Realmuto for 2 years.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:08 AM, Unkn0wn said:

MLB has proposed a lot of new things to the Union and they countered with some. They are currently negotiating. The proposed...

DH in the NL Hate it

3 batter minimum for all pitchers Hate it

Trade deadline before the All Star break and the elimination of any trades after it. Love it

20 second pitch clock Whatever

Roster expansion to 26 and a cap on pitchers that would be 12. OK with roster expansion, capping by position is dumb

Lower the mound I guess we just want more pitcher injuries?

Draft penalties for losing teams, advantages for winning ones. Leagues idea to stop tanking What would stop tanking: 100% broadcast revenue sharing

Allow two sport players, like Murray, to sign MLB deals. Whatever

MLB is the pace of play rules, cap on pitchers. The players want the DH and trade deadline altered

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Miami got Alfaro, Sanchez and Will Stewart. International money also goes to Miami.

Really good trade for Miami. I'll have to stop making fun of them for at least a week.

Could be a great deal depending on what they can do with the int'l money.

Realmuto is a good player, but that's a lot of talent to give up for 2 years. I'm glad the Braves didn't try to top it.

JDFIII likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They get Realmuto for 2 years.

I stand corrected. That second year is an arb year. 

Still a lot for him, glad we held firm. 

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Really good trade for Miami. I'll have to stop making fun of them for at least a week.

Could be a great deal depending on what they can do with the int'l money.

Realmuto is a good player, but that's a lot of talent to give up for 2 years. I'm glad the Braves didn't try to top it.

So what would have been our offer had it been topped based on the Phillies prospect ratings?

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So what would have been our offer had it been topped based on the Phillies prospect ratings?

Would you have given up Austin Riley and Ian Anderson for him? I **** sure wouldn't have.

JDFIII likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would you have given up Austin Riley and Ian Anderson for him? I **** sure wouldn't have.

No, that's why I'm asking how our guys match up comp wise.

I don't think it amounts to both Anderson and Riley though.

Just now, Malachore said:

No, that's why I'm asking how our guys match up comp wise.

I don't think it amounts to both Anderson and Riley though.

A package of something like Riley and Anderson is what it would have taken for the Braves to land Realmuto. The Marlins wanted a young everyday ready player and an elite pitching prospect and that's exactly what the Phillies gave up. They gave up far and away their #1 pitching prospect and a young MLB ready catcher with high very upside.

Another thing that proponents of the DH in the National League are not looking at is the fact that it COULD make your team worst. You will have the teams that spend money go out and get that big bat for the DH.  Teams who do not spend ( Braves)  are hampered by that.  Everytime the Braves play Boston or New York Yankees they get drubbed.  If Philly, Washington, Los Angeles, Chicago etc. get that DH, the National League will get that much harder...

Edited by slickgadawg

10 hours ago, Malachore said:

Something like Riley, Fried, and Wentz, plus something else because we're pretty much out on international bonus pool. 

It's apparently complicated because the Marlins reportedly think more of Stewart than the industry as a whole (and that's not a knock, they may be right). 

BTW, I had heard that the Braves essentially gave the Marlins a choice of any one of their top 10 prospects, plus add-ons. The Phillies didn't want to trade Sanchez, and I don't blame them, he has the highest ceiling of almost any pitcher in the minor leagues right now.

Malachore likes this

56 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Another thing that proponents of the DH in the National League are not looking at is the fact that it COULD make your team worst. You will have the teams that spend money go out and get that big bat for the DH.  Teams who do not spend ( Braves)  are hampered by that.  Everytime the Braves play Boston or New York Yankees they get drubbed.  If Philly, Washington, Los Angeles, Chicago etc. get that DH, the National League will get that much harder...

The DH only adds to payroll and doesn't add to revenue. There's a reason NL ownership resisted for so long, but the commissioner's office is more powerful now than it's been since the Landis days.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

The DH only adds to payroll and doesn't add to revenue. There's a reason NL ownership resisted for so long, but the commissioner's office is more powerful now than it's been since the Landis days.

I honestly feel if baseball felt they could get away with just fielding a 162 game homerun derby instead of real games, they would...:lol:

" next up, Right Fielder, Giancarlo Stanton..."

Image result for home run derby gif

" we felt that going forward, why play the games?  Just give them what they want, home runs..."

Image result for rob manfred gif

Edited by slickgadawg

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Realmuto is seeking around $170M on his extension.

It's nice to want things. I'm sure he'll have the same success as Machado and Harper.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's over double what McCann got from the Yankees and McCann was a much better catcher.

He wants Posey money.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's over double what McCann got from the Yankees and McCann was a much better catcher.

I don’t know about “much better”, but they are certainly comparable. Will be the same age at the time of a new deal as well.

Miami reportedly offered him the McCann deal and he said no. Countered that he feels Posey is a better comparison. 

31 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Harper and Machado are still seeking $300M. Neither wants to sign first.

They should hold out till the trade deadline and be hired mercs. 

39 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Harper and Machado are still seeking $300M. Neither wants to sign first.

If either get contracts for more than 7yrs I will be surprised.

7yrs x $35.714mm/yr = $250mm contract 

No one should go higher than that

Yankees have reportedly offered 7 or 8 years $220M to Machado. That's reportedly close to the Phillies and White Sox. Those two are said to be working in the $175-225M range.