Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

It changes baseball way too much..lefties would be out of jobs, eras would be inflated, runs would sky rocket, injuries would decemate bullpens. It just wouldn't be baseball. And I guarantee it doesn't shorten ****

You obviously don't know where I stand as far as offense goes in the game.  

The average commercial break is almost 2 minutes long, yeah...it would shorten the game.

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

You obviously don't know where I stand as far as offense goes in the game.  

The average commercial break is almost 2 minutes long, yeah...it would shorten the game.

If you don't like baseball then don't watch it bro..this is changing the game entirely. 

Spts1 likes this

12 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

If you don't like baseball then don't watch it bro..this is changing the game entirely. 

I love baseball,  but I prefer a more offensive game... nothing like 16-14, but maybe 7-5. 

23 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

These rules can be in place for Opening Day 2019. It could be a real sudden change.

Would also change every NL team's roster makeup 

41 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I love baseball,  but I prefer a more offensive game... nothing like 16-14, but maybe 7-5. 

You want runs..get rid of the shift..there's your runs..good day sir

Why not just script EVERY professional football, baseball and basketball game for MAX ENTERTAINMENT and get it over with.  They don't even PRETEND to be pure anymore.  Its a reflection of society as a whole.  When I was growing up nobody had a problem with the slow pace of baseball and the chess matches involved in the game.  Baseball as a sport was STILL considered America's game.  Along with societal changes thats a thing of the past.  Even back then I never liked the DH in the American League because it TOTALLY changes the game. 

Baseball is not gonna stop until a hit is worth 1 point, a double is worth 2 points, a triple is worth 3 points and so on...lol.   If they wanna bring baseball back to the prominence it once had, then start investing and promoting the game at the youth levels and stop this traveling team crap.  That would be a START to getting the youth interested in the game and changing the view of the game in general.  I NEVER hear anyone younger than 40 or so talk about baseball.  Its football or basketball or UFC...

51 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Why not just script EVERY professional football, baseball and basketball game for MAX ENTERTAINMENT and get it over with.  They don't even PRETEND to be pure anymore.  Its a reflection of society as a whole.  When I was growing up nobody had a problem with the slow pace of baseball and the chess matches involved in the game.  Baseball as a sport was STILL considered America's game.  Along with societal changes thats a thing of the past.  Even back then I never liked the DH in the American League because it TOTALLY changes the game. 

Baseball is not gonna stop until a hit is worth 1 point, a double is worth 2 points, a triple is worth 3 points and so on...lol.   If they wanna bring baseball back to the prominence it once had, then start investing and promoting the game at the youth levels and stop this traveling team crap.  That would be a START to getting the youth interested in the game and changing the view of the game in general.  I NEVER hear anyone younger than 40 or so talk about baseball.  Its football or basketball or UFC...

Do you live in GA? That's probably why if so.

Pretty sure most of us here are under 40.

I used to be a purist but after watching 99.9% of pitchers be little more than automatic outs and failing to be able to lay down a basic bunt over the past 10 years or so I'm over it. Bring on the DH and the professional hitters. I'm 100% behind it.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

I used to be a purist but after watching 99.9% of pitchers be little more than automatic outs and failing to be able to lay down a basic bunt over the past 10 years or so I'm over it. Bring on the DH and the professional hitters. I'm 100% behind it.

This is just not fair as something that should be done for this year. The start of the season is almost here. If they want to make this major of a change then make it for 2020 that way the NL isn't at a major disadvantage and can prepare for the change. Look at someone like Nelson Cruz, just think about how many NL teams (Braves) could have signed him and put him at DH instead of having to totally ignore him because he can't field anymore.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

Thats a RESULT of baseball getting AWAY from fundamental baseball.  That's why they can't bunt.  You dont hardly see any fundamental baseball anymore. If they turn baseball into homerun derby I'm finished with it...

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is just not fair as something that should be done for this year. The start of the season is almost here. If they want to make this major of a change then make it for 2020 that way the NL isn't at a major disadvantage and can prepare for the change. Look at someone like Nelson Cruz, just think about how many NL teams (Braves) could have signed him and put him at DH instead of having to totally ignore him because he can't field anymore.

I didn't say to do it this year. Teams should have a full offseason to adapt.

The game won’t be shortened no matter what. I don’t care about how long games are by the way. Guess I’m old school. The game will play out like it always does. More offense as a result of proposed moves means the same type of game. Advertising going to be shortened? Doubt that lol. So made up. All of it. 

They do want more offense but that will also lengthen games. Any time saved between pitches and eliminated pitching changes is gained from teams getting more offense. 

54 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I didn't say to do it this year. Teams should have a full offseason to adapt.

You didn't but word is that if it happens it could happen this year.

47 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

The game won’t be shortened no matter what. I don’t care about how long games are by the way. Guess I’m old school. The game will play out like it always does. More offense as a result of proposed moves means the same type of game. Advertising going to be shortened? Doubt that lol. So made up. All of it. 

The in-game commercials is what needs to happen. Less traditional commercial breaks. Taking 2 minute breaks every few minutes is annoying as crap.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The in-game commercials is what needs to happen. Less traditional commercial breaks. Taking 2 minute breaks every few minutes is annoying as crap.

Won’t happen. If it kind of changes, the game ultimately will never change. Not really. Heck, want to shorten games? Get rid of the DH too. 

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Won’t happen. If it kind of changes, the game ultimately will never change. Not really. Heck, want to shorten games? Get rid of the DH too. 

It has already started happening. Did you watch the World Series? Did you see the 30-second spots here and there in place of a traditional commerical break?

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It has already started happening. Did you watch the World Series? Did you see the 30-second spots here and there in place of a traditional commerical break?

Yes I did. Games still long. The difference in game time is like a max of 8 minutes on average. 

Phillies are back in on Realmuto. Marlins reportedly want Sixto Sanchez and Jorge Alfaro in any deal.

Miami hopes to wrap up the Realmuto negotiations very soon. 

The pitch clock should apply to both pitchers and batters.  If the pitcher is ready and the batter isn't, automatic strike and move on to the next pitch.  If the batter is ready and the pitcher isn't, automatic ball and move on to the next pitch.  The only exceptions to the pitch clock should be the obvious items such as time called, a foul tip that gets a piece of the umpire/catcher/batter, broken bat, substitution, injury etc.

Falconsfan567 likes this

14 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Yes I did. Games still long. The difference in game time is like a max of 8 minutes on average. 

I don't care about how long games take personally. I just hate all the useless commericals.

Black Francis and Malachore like this

I'm actually fine with most of the changes suggested. My primary concern is what it would do to LOOGYs. Beyond that, freshening up the game some is a good idea.