Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, K26dp said:

They wanted a Chris Sale haul, but Kluber is older and more expensive than Sale was.

Peripherals are starting to fade a little bit after heavy workloads the past few years too.

K26dp likes this

8 teams are reportedly still in contact with Harper. The report says 2 or 3 teams are offering short term, high salary deals.

I believe 1 team reports pitchers and catchers in 6 days, many in 7 days, and almost everyone by day 10. When does the dam burst? Or does it?

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

8 teams are reportedly still in contact with Harper. The report says 2 or 3 teams are offering short term, high salary deals.

We getting Harper.

3 years 95 mil.

55 minutes ago, Malachore said:

We getting Harper.

3 years 95 mil.

Truly believe we are one of those teams. I guess the biggest concern is Machado and Harper seeing some of these guys who are the same age as they would be at the end of those deals struggling to get lengthy, big-money contracts. 

Malachore likes this

Marlins signed Curtis Granderson to a minors deal.

Marlins also trying to boost attendance are hiring a PA guy, anthem singers and a cheerleader squad called the Mermaids.

41 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Truly believe we are one of those teams. I guess the biggest concern is Machado and Harper seeing some of these guys who are the same age as they would be at the end of those deals struggling to get lengthy, big-money contracts. 

I know a lot of Braves have their reasons not to want him but I would love to have the guy. Such a huge boost to the lineup and he hits well at Suntrust.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

I know a lot of Braves have their reasons not to want him but I would love to have the guy. Such a huge boost to the lineup and he hits well at Suntrust.

I want him on the Braves too. Probably just a dream but it would be a huge deal in this town. 

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

We getting Harper.

3 years 95 mil.

Man if that happened... I would be ecstatic. Tell him that he can come here and win right now and even get a ring or two. Then he will have made some money and should be able to get a bigger deal. 

Malachore likes this

MLB has proposed a lot of new things to the Union and they countered with some. They are currently negotiating. The proposed...

DH in the NL

3 batter minimum for all pitchers

Trade deadline before the All Star break and the elimination of any trades after it.

20 second pitch clock

Roster expansion to 26 and a cap on pitchers that would be 12.

Lower the mound

Draft penalties for losing teams, advantages for winning ones. Leagues idea to stop tanking

Allow two sport players, like Murray, to sign MLB deals. 

MLB is the pace of play rules, cap on pitchers. The players want the DH and trade deadline altered

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLB has proposed a lot of new things to the Union and they countered with some. They are currently negotiating. The proposed...

DH in the NL middle of the road

3 batter minimum for all pitchers yes

Trade deadline before the All Star break and the elimination of any trades after it. no

20 second pitch clock maybe 30 seconds

Roster expansion to 26 and a cap on pitchers that would be 12. non-commital

Lower the mound yes

Draft penalties for losing teams, advantages for winning ones. Leagues idea to stop tanking as long as it's nothing stupid like extra picks in rounds 1-4

Allow two sport players, like Murray, to sign MLB deals. thought they already could

MLB is the pace of play rules, cap on pitchers. The players want the DH and trade deadline altered

Hey look, players are starting to wake up to the economic inequities inherent in the current system.

Time to throw out a bunch of "pace of play" BS! 

TheTrue7 and jidady like this

I should add that the players proposed the tanking measures. If their idea is adopted it would give even greater rewards to small markets that finish with winning records. The 3 batter minimum is a sticking point for the players right now. Word is they'll give in if MLB will delay it to 2020. The pitch clock has resistance but the players acknowledge the fact Manfred was given total power to do it in the newest CBA. They may give on that to get more of their desries. The new CBA pretty much granted Manfred the power to make any rule changes without the union. 

42 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

3 batter minimum? Wow that would change baseball completely..that's stupid

It would shorten up the game a little instead of going through 3 pitchers for 3 different batters.

As much as I hate the delay of constant RP changes, I do enjoy the chess match aspect of it as part of the game.  However, I'd be on board with a 2 batter minimum to start off with.  If a team has L, R, L coming up, I can see a lefty being brought in anyway for the 2 batter minimum and staying in for the third batter that is a lefty.  I would assume that injury would the only exception for a batter minimum? 

Would there need to be a counter measure for pinch hitters though?  I know once they're announced, they count towards being used, but could that be changed to as soon as they leave the dugout and a hitter must be present at the on deck circle prior to his AB?

I think expanding the rosters is needed, especially if they go to a DH in the NL.  I would like to see expansion to 28.  That would allow you to carry those extra pitchers in case of a 16 inning game and let you rest starters more frequently.

6 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

As much as I had the delay of constant RP changes, I do enjoy the chess match aspect of it as part of the game.  However, I'd be on board with a 2 batter minimum to start off with.  If a team has L, R, L coming up, I can see a lefty being brought in anyway for the 2 batter minimum and staying in for the third batter that is a lefty.  I would assume that injury would the only exception for a batter minimum? 

Would there need to be a counter measure for pinch hitters though?  I know once they're announced, they count towards being used, but could that be changed to as soon as they leave the dugout and a hitter must be present at the on deck circle prior to his AB?

I think expanding the rosters is needed, especially if they go to a DH in the NL.  I would like to see expansion to 28.  That would allow you to carry those extra pitchers in case of a 16 inning game and let you rest starters more frequently.

The exceptions for the 3 batter minimum is injury and end of an inning. A pitcher would not be required to come back out if they only face 1 or 2 batters to end the previous inning.

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

It would shorten up the game a little instead of going through 3 pitchers for 3 different batters.

No it wont..dude comes in gets no outs you just lengthen the game

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

No it wont..dude comes in gets no outs you just lengthen the game

Not when you have 3 different commercial breaks for them to warm up

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Not when you have 3 different commercial breaks for them to warm up

It changes baseball way too much..lefties would be out of jobs, eras would be inflated, runs would sky rocket, injuries would decemate bullpens. It just wouldn't be baseball. And I guarantee it doesn't shorten ****

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

DH in the NL Hate it but it's gonna happen.

3 batter minimum for all pitchers I think it should be a 2 batters minimum.

Trade deadline before the All Star break and the elimination of any trades after it. Hate it. Don't see a reason to move  the trade deadline. I do like the idea of it being a true trading deadline and allowing no trades at all afterwards.

20 second pitch clock Like it. Hate how pitchers sometimes takes forever between pitches. This has been in place in the minors and there hasn't been any issues with it.

Roster expansion to 26 and a cap on pitchers that would be 12. Don't like expanding the rosters to 26 full-time, but I do like there being a limit on pitchers.

Lower the mound No. Why do we need to lower the mound and give the hitters an even bigger advantage when we're coming off a season in which the most homeruns in MLB history happened? That's crazy talk!

Draft penalties for losing teams, advantages for winning ones. Leagues idea to stop tanking Don't like it. Leave it alone.

Allow two sport players, like Murray, to sign MLB deals. Yes

Ok, there's my thoughts on it.