Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

Padres working to sign Machado. They're also working on Realmuto. Padres are telling Miami they want a window to negotiate a long term deal with JT before pulling the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Padres working to sign Machado. They're also working on Realmuto. Padres are telling Miami they want a window to negotiate a long term deal with JT before pulling the trigger.

History really does repeat itself, at least for bad franchises. They just tried this in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jidady said:

History really does repeat itself, at least for bad franchises. They just tried this in 2015.

I assumed after Hosmer last year they would add again this year tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Markakis pretty much said he doesnt want to play every game. He wants the bulk but not all. He admitted his push to play in all 162 hurt him cause he fatigued himself and wasnt the same. Markakis stated he'll do whatever takes to push the Braves over the hump after being here for the rebuild

That is the type of attitude that you need in a locker room.....espeically with one as young as the Braves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Miami asking SD for Francisco Mejia in any Realmuto deal.

Jeter's going to ask the Angels for Trout in any Realmuto deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derek Jeter is asking for the sun and moon in return for J.T. Realmuto and refuses to let teams attempt to work out a contract extension with Realmuto before accepting a trade. WTF is wrong with this guy? He's quickly becoming one of my most hated people in baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Derek Jeter is asking for the sun and moon in return for J.T. Realmuto and refuses to let teams attempt to work out a contract extension with Realmuto before accepting a trade. WTF is wrong with this guy? He's quickly becoming one of my most hated people in baseball.

I wonder at what point the majority owners step in and say enough. Jeter has no idea how to run a business or build a baseball team. 

jeffro2000 and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not totally believing what Jeter is asking. If AA has supposedly been in on all these guys and come away with no one? At what point is it just him lowballing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Derek Jeter is asking for the sun and moon in return for J.T. Realmuto and refuses to let teams attempt to work out a contract extension with Realmuto before accepting a trade. WTF is wrong with this guy? He's quickly becoming one of my most hated people in baseball.

This hasn't changed my opinion on him.

Always thought he was cocky, overconfident and overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Still not totally believing what Jeter is asking. If AA has supposedly been in on all these guys and come away with no one? At what point is it just him lowballing?

How can you not believe what he's asking for when he hasn't traded Realmuto and this is the 2nd year in a row of this happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How can you not believe what he's asking for when he hasn't traded Realmuto and this is the 2nd year in a row of this happening?

Because I think AA is as stingy as Jeter is greedy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Because I think AA is as stingy as Jeter is greedy. 

I wasn't talking about AA. I was only talking about Jeter's asking price is indeed insane. That's the reason this is two years in a row there has been no trade of Realmuto despite all the rumors. It's because his asking price is unrealistic.

As for AA goes, he's being careful, maybe too careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yasmani Grandal reportedly turned down big multi-year deals from the Twins, White Sox, Angels, and Mets. The Mets offer was at least 4 years and the Twins offer was at least $13M AAV. But Grandal reportedly turned them down because they weren't as much as the contracts of Brian McCann, Russell Martin, and Yadier Molina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Because I think AA is as stingy as Jeter is greedy. 

AA knows what he’s doing. Jeter knows how to hit and catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

AA knows what he’s doing. Jeter knows how to hit and catch. 

I want to think that but right now he seems to have some PTSD from those trades in Toronto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I want to think that but right now he seems to have some PTSD from those trades in Toronto. 

If he does have PTSD from past moves that didn’t work for Toronto then good. That just means that he’s learned lessons. I’m good with that. 

K26dp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Craig Mish, Realmuto hadn't been dealt because the Marlins had not told teams what they wanted for him. Late last week apparently that changed.

Rumored asks:

1. Padres: Francisco Mejia and MacKenzie Gore. The Padres would be willing to deal here if they are allowed to work out a contract extension with Realmuto first. The Marlins are balking.

2. Dodgers: Alex Verdugo and Keibert Ruiz. Dodgers are saying no to Ruiz, trying to get Miami to accept Austin Barnes and a lessor prospect.

3. Braves: Ian Anderson and one of Ender Inciarte or Austin Riley. The Braves don't want to trade Anderson and is trying to work out sending a lessor prospect or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they only want Anderson and Ender then do it. There's far too many pitchers and not enough spots. Only problem is it leaves another hole in the OF unless they give that spot to Duvall or allow Riley to compete for it.

OR 

Sign Bryce Harper. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't trade Anderson or Wright both are considered to have number 2 stuff, most site believe both can be true Aces but never give the grades due to how rare true aces are. Also Ended does have high trade value but Pache is at minimum a year away from being major league ready and Riley is unknown in the outfield so no true point of getting rid of one of the best defensive outfielders in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oztin said:

They won't trade Anderson or Wright both are considered to have number 2 stuff, most site believe both can be true Aces but never give the grades due to how rare true aces are. Also Ended does have high trade value but Pache is at minimum a year away from being major league ready and Riley is unknown in the outfield so no true point of getting rid of one of the best defensive outfielders in the league.

If I could go 1 of those 2 young pitchers and Ender I might have to do that. Riley in LF maybe or even Camargo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Malachore said:

If they only want Anderson and Ender then do it. There's far too many pitchers and not enough spots. Only problem is it leaves another hole in the OF unless they give that spot to Duvall or allow Riley to compete for it.

OR 

Sign Bryce Harper. :D

Anderson and Ender for Realmuto AND sign Harper lol. 

For real though, if that's all the Marlins want, run with it 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now