Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,051 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mookie3127 said:

Guarantee that we'll have our 2nd unanimous inductee next year in Jeter.  

Go ahead and mark it down!! All it takes is playing for the Yankees.

Malachore likes this

Jeter is actually expected to be the only inductee next year. Curt Schilling also has a real shot. Hes been climbing and got to 60% this year. Ballot isn't the crowded next year. 

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ichiro has signed a 1 year deal with Seattle. He makes $750K if he makes the roster.

I thought Ichiro retired?

32 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought Ichiro retired?

He did. Seattle plays their first two games in Japan next year. So, he's unretiring for this.

I've said it before and I meant it. Edgar's the best pure hitter I've ever seen. I wish sabermetricians would go back and calculate his hard contact ratio. Dude squared up everything. He must have binoculars for eyes.

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 hours ago, jidady said:

I've said it before and I meant it. Edgar's the best pure hitter I've ever seen. I wish sabermetricians would go back and calculate his hard contact ratio. Dude squared up everything. He must have binoculars for eyes.

Right, this is why that even though I am firmly anti-DH, I never held being a DH against Martinez. If there were no DH, he'd be an average or slightly below average first baseman for someone and he still would have hit like a maniac. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

23 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ichiro has signed a 1 year deal with Seattle. He makes $750K if he makes the roster.

That's just so he can play in the opening games in Japan, that's the only reason he was hired on

4-years, $50m for Pollock. Not a terrible deal for the Dodgers, but I like the idea of Markakis on one year than Pollock on 4 and lose the #60 pick.

12 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Also, Brad Brach to the Cubs on 1-year, $3m. Said to be a couple of option years included as well.

The first of the many 1-year deals that were rumored to start flying off the board at a rapid pace.

15 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

4-years, $50m for Pollock. Not a terrible deal for the Dodges, but I like the idea of Markakis on one year than Pollock on 4 and lose the #60 pick.

Agreed. I'm glad the Braves did the Markakis deal instead of the Pollock deal.

17 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

4-years, $50m for Pollock. Not a terrible deal for the Dodges, but I like the idea of Markakis on one year than Pollock on 4 and lose the #60 pick.

FOUR years... Wow! 

He would have been better than Markakis for a few years if healthy, but good grief, four years? 

Good for Pollack, not for us. 

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Agreed. I'm glad the Braves did the Markakis deal instead of the Pollock deal.

More coming out that there is a 5th-year option at $10m, with a $5m buyout. So, at a minimum, it's 4-years, $55m.

4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

More coming out that there is a 5th-year option at $10m, with a $5m buyout. So, at a minimum, it's 4-years, $55m.

Congratulations to A.J. Pollock. The Dodgers can afford to take such a risk, but the Braves can't. Glad they didn't.

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Congratulations to A.J. Pollock. The Dodgers can afford to take such a risk, but the Braves can't. Glad they didn't.

Correction there. The 5th year is actually a player option, so it's essentially a 5-year, $60m pact.

46 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Also, Brad Brach to the Cubs on 1-year, $3m. Said to be a couple of option years included as well.

We didn't think he was worth $3 million? I don't get that.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Could possibly not have a place open for him as a closer and we're bringing in Kimbrel.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

Me neither. I don't get the passing up Cody Allen at $8.5M either.

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Could possibly not have a place open for him as a closer and we're bringing in Kimbrel.

He wasn't closer for us after we traded for him. Minter was still closer.