Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,104 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah. I was surprised that wasn't done before this season started because when he first took over it was announced that he wanted to get rid of it. Going to look weird with just a big empty space if they don't put something else out there.

They should but a statue of Eric Gregg out there.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Bell and Rocco Baldelli have emerged as leading candidates to manage in Cincy and Toronto. Possible each gets a job. Baldelli has reportedly been blowing away everyone in interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

David Bell and Rocco Baldelli have emerged as leading candidates to manage in Cincy and Toronto. Possible each gets a job. Baldelli has reportedly been blowing away everyone in interviews.

Rocco Baldelli was such an awesome player!! It's such a shame what happened to him. Hope he gets the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockies bullpen might take a significant blow. Seunghwan Oh is considering returning to Korea in 2019. He says hes exhausted from the MLB lifestyle.  He said it's not the league but the American lifestyle has him wore out. He wants to go home to Korea and pitch in front of his native fans and relax for awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reds announce Bell, Ausmus and Girardi are their finalists.

 

27 minutes ago, K26dp said:

They should hire Bell, but they're the Reds so they'll go with Ausmus.

Which Bell is this?

Albert? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Girardi has withdrawn from the Cincinnati search. He was reportedly their choice. Girardi still wants to manage but didn't think the Reds were the right fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Joe Girardi has withdrawn from the Cincinnati search. He was reportedly their choice. Girardi still wants to manage but didn't think the Reds were the right fit.

Probably doesn't want to end up in the same situation he did with the Marlins where he grossly exceeded expectations and was still fired after just 1 year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Probably doesn't want to end up in the same situation he did with the Marlins where he grossly exceeded expectations and was still fired after just 1 year.

That was ridiculous and a perfect example of why Loria should be banned. Girardi told him to stop heckling an umpire after the bench was warned and Loria lost his mind and hated him from that point on. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Joe Girardi has withdrawn from the Cincinnati search. He was reportedly their choice. Girardi still wants to manage but didn't think the Reds were the right fit.

Waiting on Snit to turn into a pumpkin so he can get the Braves a ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Waiting on Snit to turn into a pumpkin so he can get the Braves a ring.

I'm not sold on Girardi. The Yankees fired him for his inability to connect and communicate with young players. He can manage but he needs a veteran team and is likely holding out for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm not sold on Girardi. The Yankees fired him for his inability to connect and communicate with young players. He can manage but he needs a veteran team and is likely holding out for one.

Weren't the Cubs and Marlins young?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Weren't the Cubs and Marlins young?

He never managed the Cubs and yes the Marlins were young and he did extremely well with them, winning season and MOTY and got fired after only 1 year. But there were a lot of rumors the last couple of years with the Yankees that he butted heads with a lot of their younger players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He never managed the Cubs and yes the Marlins were young and he did extremely well with them, winning season and MOTY and got fired after only 1 year. But there were a lot of rumors the last couple of years with the Yankees that he butted heads with a lot of their younger players.

I could have sworn he managed the Cubs.

Still would like him here but I'll rid with Snit since I gotta.

Edit: holy crap didn't realize he was in NY for 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I could have sworn he managed the Cubs.

Still would like him here but I'll rid with Snit since I gotta.

Edit: holy crap didn't realize he was in NY for 10 years.

Nope. He played for the Cubs, twice, and everyone assumed that when Theo took over the Cubs that Girardi would leave the Yankees to go to the Cubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AA did the right thing and kept Snitker, he deserves it. If something ever did happen with Snitker i believe we'd just promote Washington. Hes made it known he wants to manage again and hes similar to Snitker in that the players would run through a brick wall for him. His not so pleasant exit in Texas probably scares some teams but the Braves are obviously very comfortable with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now