Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

715 posts in this topic

That is actually been a big concern in Tampa. The section being closed was the 6,000 cheapest seats. They announced they're putting in new turf, LED lights, a bar in a "premium" LF area and improving the concourse. However, the fans are complaining that now when they do come theyre forced into the more expensive seats. The team is actually being criticized for what some see as a "money grab". The Rays have not announced what ticket prices will be yet but the belief is these changes are to give the team an excuse to raise prices. 

3-year, $40m deal for Britton with an opt-out AND a 4th year option. If the option isn’t picked up after year 2, Britton can opt-out. 

23 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

3-year, $40m deal for Britton with an opt-out AND a 4th year option. If the option isn’t picked up after year 2, Britton can opt-out. 

I'm really stunned he got that much coming off the injury issues of the last 2 years. I thought for sure he'd have to take a flier and rebuild his value.

On 12/27/2018 at 0:10 PM, CrimsonFalcon said:

I've always liked him.  Shame he's got a little too much age and injury history, he could've been a target for RF.

He's a liability in the outfield, has been for a long time since he cost us (Texas) a world series. He is a great power hitter though.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's a liability in the outfield, has been for a long time since he cost us (Texas) a world series. He us a great power hitter though.

I tend to look more at offense than defense.  I was a huge fan of the "live ball" era personally. 

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Speculation that their additions of Jay and Yonder Alonso will aid in the pursuit of Machado. 

10 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

All jokes aside, Chicago is literally building a team based on your relationship with Machado.

Tim Anderson has to be getting nervous.

11 hours ago, K26dp said:

Tim Anderson has to be getting nervous.

Or breaking in his 3B glove....

Brewers sign Grandal to 1-year deal. Financials unknown, but would imagine it’s more than the QO from the Dodgers. 

Looks like its $18.5m. QO was $17.9m.

5 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Brian Dozier to the Nationals on a 1-year, $9m deal.

Another good move for the Nationals. I hate to say it but they've had a great offseason and gotten much stronger.

lostnmexico likes this

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Another good move for the Nationals. I hate to say it but they've had a great offseason and gotten much stronger.

Yeah, almost no way they will be able to sign Harper now, but their team looks a lot more balanced.

Eaton RF
Turner SS
Rendon 3B
Soto LF
Zimmerman/Adams 1B
Gomes/Suzuki C
Dozier 2B
Robles CF

Scherzer
Strasburg
Corbin
Sanchez
Ross

Doolittle
Barraclough
Rosenthal

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Yeah, almost no way they will be able to sign Harper now, but their team looks a lot more balanced.

Eaton RF
Turner SS
Rendon 3B
Soto LF
Zimmerman/Adams 1B
Gomes/Suzuki C
Dozier 2B
Robles CF

Scherzer
Strasburg
Corbin
Sanchez
Ross

Doolittle
Barraclough
Rosenthal

You really think they'll hit Dozier that low in the order? I personally would put him 5th behind Soto and knock the others down a notch. I get that he's coming off a terrible season but I think he'll bounce back and be a solid #5 type hitter again.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You really think they'll hit Dozier that low in the order? I personally would put him 5th behind Soto and knock the others down a notch. I get that he's coming off a terrible season but I think he'll bounce back and be a solid #5 type hitter again.

I put exactly 0.25 joules of energy into that line-up.

lostnmexico and Falconsfan567 like this

Phillies have hired Bobby Dickerson as IF coach. Dickerson was Baltimore's 3B coach and the mentor of Machado. Phillies and Sox doing everything they can to get an advantage.