Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

1,445 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nelson Cruz to Twins 1 year $14M. Includes a team option for 2020 the would make it $26M total.

I've always liked him.  Shame he's got a little too much age and injury history, he could've been a target for RF.

7 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I've always liked him.  Shame he's got a little too much age and injury history, he could've been a target for RF.

Hes a DH. His defense is pretty lackluster, hes actually played just 57 games in the OF the last 3 years combined.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nelson Cruz to Twins 1 year $14M. Includes a team option for 2020 the would make it $26M total.

Dang it. Was so hoping for the Rays. He could have been the cherry on top of what has been a really good offseason for them.

Reports that Machado and Harper are unimpressed by Philly and "dont like the idea" of playing there. Both reportedly prefer the Yankees but Harper has received no interest from them. 

To be fair, he cherry-picked the stats. 

BA: Martinez .312 | McGriff .284
OBP: Martinez .418 | McGriff .377
SLG: Martinez .515 | McGriff .515
K%: Martinez 13.9% | McGriff 18.5%
WAR: Martinez 65.5 | McGriff 56.9

Granted, I think they should both go.

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

To be fair, he cherry-picked the stats. 

BA: Martinez .312 | McGriff .284
OBP: Martinez .418 | McGriff .377
SLG: Martinez .515 | McGriff .515
K%: Martinez 13.9% | McGriff 18.5%
WAR: Martinez 65.5 | McGriff 56.9

Granted, I think they should both go.

I don't think there's anyone that doesn't think Edgar Martinez belongs in the HOF. But the fact that McGriff gets so little consideration is insane. He did the same thing with Mariano Rivera and Billy Wagner where he picked out Wagner's stats that are better than Rivera and it's the same thing, Rivera is in and Wagner can't top 15%. It's absolutely insane how the team you play for matters more than your actual career. If McGriff had played his whole career for the Yankees he would have been in a long time ago, same with Wagner.

David Robertson to the Phillies. 2-year pact worth about $23m. Could escalate to 3-years, $33m through a club option. 

2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

David Robertson to the Phillies. 2-year pact worth about $23m. Could escalate to 3-years, $33m through a club option. 

They finally got someone to take their money. LOL!!

5 hours ago, K26dp said:

The Phillies now have ~$37M locked up in four relief pitchers. 

What? Neshek, Hunter, Robertson. Who am I missing?

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Nicasio. Came over in the Segura deal. He’s making like $9-10m.

I thought he was going to start for them? Either way, that is a lot of money on the bullpen.

White Sox have reportedly offered Machado. Its reportedly just over $200M. That's not enough for Machado but the reports says his team is countering and negotiations are ongoing. Machado is reportedly seeking closer to $300M. Sox are also speaking regularly with Harper although they have not offered yet.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

White Sox have reportedly offered Machado. Its reportedly just over $200M. That's not enough for Machado but the reports says his team is countering and negotiations are ongoing. Machado is reportedly seeking closer to $300M. Sox are also speaking regularly with Harper although they have not offered yet.

I hope Machado and Harper both go to the AL and stay out of the NL East.

Falconsfan567 likes this

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought he was going to start for them? Either way, that is a lot of money on the bullpen.

I hope he does. He's been abysmal in that role and hasn't started a game since 2016. Really, he hasn't been a full-time SP since 2013.

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rays are closing the upper deck of the Trop. Capacity will drop to 25,000.

That's good. At least force people to sit in the lower deck so it looks just a little bit better on TV.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's good. At least force people to sit in the lower deck so it looks just a little bit better on TV.

Are they going to lower prices for the lower deck? They had the highest prices for upper deck tickets in the the majors last season. 

6 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Are they going to lower prices for the lower deck? They had the highest prices for upper deck tickets in the the majors last season. 

Really? Wow. I had never looked at their ticket prices or any other team's ticket prices.