Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

Kyler Murray to Oakland may not be so certain. Some NFL GMs believe Murray is still open to it and might be a first round pick. After doing some digging some MLB analysts found a clause in his Oakland contract that allows him to opt out to pursue an NFL career. In return he would pay almost all of his signing bonus back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCutchen deal is back loaded. Phillies will pay him $10M in 2019, $17M in 2020 and $20M in 2021. He has a $3M buyout for 2022 that makes it $50M guaranteed. A team option for 2022 can make it $63M total is also in the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mariners are about to acquire Edwin Encarnacion. I have no idea what is happening in Seattle.

Update: Edwin for Carlos Santana. 

The Rays are involved as well, with Jake Bauers going to CLE and Yandy Diaz headed to Tampa. There are discrepancies as to where EE is actually headed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

The Rays are involved as well, with Jake Bauers going to CLE and Yandy Diaz headed to Tampa. There are discrepancies as to where EE is actually headed. 

And it could be a simple money move. Santana was owed $35 million for two years. Encarcion is $20 million for this year, so it's possibly akin to the Braves' deal involving Chris Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a little misleading. The first of the 4 seasons for Realmuto was his rookie year, while it was Grandal’s 2nd full season and 4th total. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that Machado will play 3B for more money. He'll play SS for less.

This is what I have been saying since June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dodgers are pitching Harper on the idea of coming to LA for 2 or 3 years on a big salary and then going somewhere long term. They want to avoid a long, record breaking contract but hope to convince him to help them win a Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Dodgers are pitching Harper on the idea of coming to LA for 2 or 3 years on a big salary and then going somewhere long term. They want to avoid a long, record breaking contract but hope to convince him to help them win a Championship. 

Why cant we do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nereek said:

Why cant we do that?

Because we can't afford to sink $30M a year into one player. His salary is going to be $30-40M per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Because we can't afford to sink $30M a year into one player. His salary is going to be $30-40M per.

I think we definitely could if he’d come here on a shorter deal. Everyone from McGuirk on down have said that money can be thrown in as needed. I’d be intrigued at the idea of Harper on a 3-year deal for around $35m.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K26dp said:

I don't say this often, but... thank you New York Yankees. 

Sometimes the only way to teach someone a lesson is to take away their toys. 

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Because we can't afford to sink $30M a year into one player. His salary is going to be $30-40M per.

But we can afford Donaldson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nereek said:

But we can afford Donaldson?

Anthopolous decided Donaldson was the best fit. Plus that's just a 1 year commitment. There's no word Harper is even interested in a short term deal. That's just what LA us pitching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Anthopolous decided Donaldson was the best fit. Plus that's just a 1 year commitment. There's no word Harper is even interested in a short term deal. That's just what LA us pitching. 

1 yr is a good deal, but the deal was 23 million too.. Braves wanted too, they can get Harper... they just don't want too and try to get a ace in a trade (which won't happen) and end up resigning Markakis.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now