Unknøwn

MLB Offseason

1,485 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yelich wins NL MVP, Freeman #4.

Yelich, Baez, Arenado, and Freeman were the only NL candidates to appear on all 30 ballots. 

Jeff Mathis signed a two-year deal with Texas. Probably not on many people's Braves catching wants list, but he is off the board.

Odd stat of the day from Miami. The Marlins are the first team in history to trade back to back MVPs. Stanton won in 2017 and then Yelich. Amazing that Miami couldn't do more with the roster they had.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Because spending insane amounts of money always goes well. Phillies want to buy a super team.

Worked for those Yankee teams.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Worked for those Yankee teams.

The Yankees had a core of homegrown talent. They called them the core 4. Posada, Pettite, Rivera and Jeter were all drafted/signed.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

The Yankees had a core of homegrown talent. They called them the core 4. Posada, Pettite, Rivera and Jeter were all drafted/signed.

Hoskins, Nola.

Eh ya' got me.

17 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Right, and many of their other key players like Tino Martinez and Scott Brosius were guys that weren't big time money guys.  Bernie Williams was another home grown drafted Yankee. The Boss started throwing around major money after the meltdown against the Diamondbacks in 2001 and the Yankees have only won 1 WS since then and that was with the team they bought in 2009. One of the reasons Cashman has tried so hard to get the Yankees back to drafting and developing their own players.

I love it when an division rival just comes out and admits that they are going to be stupid.

I've always assumed that they'll get either Harper or Machado or both. I really hope they trade away their young core for aging vets.

Falconsfan567 likes this

21 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I love it when an division rival just comes out and admits that they are going to be stupid.

I've always assumed that they'll get either Harper or Machado or both. I really hope they trade away their young core for aging vets.

Yep!! Love it!

9 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Well...

Suzuki was never coming back. He said during the season he wanted to go somewhere where hes the primary catcher. Braves wouldnt promise that. Flowers signed knowing he'll be the backup.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

7 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

First real domino of the offseason falls, as James Paxton goes to NYY for Justus Sheffield and two others. 

Wonder if this pulls the Yankees out of the running for Patrick Corbin? Also wonder if maybe that means Braves should go after Mitch Haniger? Haniger would the absolutely perfect replacement for Markakis in every single way.

BTW, if I were a Seattle Mariners fan I'd be so pissed. They haven't made the playoffs since 2001 and they're coming off their best season in 10 years (89 wins) and now you decide to blow up the team.

30 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wonder if this pulls the Yankees out of the running for Patrick Corbin? Also wonder if maybe that means Braves should go after Mitch Haniger? Haniger would the absolutely perfect replacement for Markakis in every single way.

Doubt it, they still need another pitcher and probably dieing to spend $$$.

I hope we at least make an offer on Haniger.

48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falconsfan567 likes this