Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

89 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Arizona has decided to rebuild. Everyone is on the block including Greinke and Goldschmidt 

They gunna have to eat a lot of the Greinke salary.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

They gunna have to eat a lot of the Greinke salary.

Yep, hes still owed $104M. They tried to trade him already last winter but no deal could be reached. If you acquire him that's a 3 year, $104M commitment. He'll also be 35 on Opening Day 2019.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nats acquired Kyle Barraclaugh from Miami for international money. 

Is this a waiver deal or can teams not in the postseason make normal trades?

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Is this a waiver deal or can teams not in the postseason make normal trades?

You can make normal trades now. Most teams dont yet because MLB frowns on taking attention away from the playoffs. No games today so thats likely why it got done plus it's a minor deal.

Malachore likes this

58 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nats acquired Kyle Barraclaugh from Miami for international money. 

****!! That sucks!! I know Barralcaugh struggled the last half of this year but he's nasty when he's right and they got him for nothing?

Marlins are reportedly almost even with Baltimore in international money. Both teams are trying to sign Mesa.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Marlins are reportedly almost even with Baltimore in international money. Both teams are trying to sign Mesa.

Both Mesas.

Roger McDowell is meeting with Jeter about becoming Miami pitching coach. The problem is Jeter hasn't fired his current pitching coach.

39 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Roger McDowell is meeting with Jeter about becoming Miami pitching coach. The problem is Jeter hasn't fired his current pitching coach.

:munch:

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I swear Derek Jeter is really dumb.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I swear Derek Jeter is really dumb.

idk that he's dumb.

Just really, really arrogant. 

I just think Jeter has no idea how to run a business. He might be baseball smart but he seems to struggle with managing people. With these instances growing itll be interesting to see how long his ownership partners let him run things if the team doesn't get better. Nobody knows if Jeter can even build a roster yet.

Indians GM Mike Chernoff and Rays VP Chaim Bloom have met with the Mets about their GM job. Chernoff is reportedly target #1. Hes a NJ native and supposedly has interest in going home and rebuilding the Mets. Bloom is young at 35 but would bring the Rays analytical approach with him to the Mets FO. Bloom is considered one of the rising stars in the FO side of the league. Kim Ng and Doug Melvin are also in the mix. 

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I just think Jeter has no idea how to run a business. He might be baseball smart but he seems to struggle with managing people. With these instances growing itll be interesting to see how long his ownership partners let him run things if the team doesn't get better. Nobody knows if Jeter can even build a roster yet.

Well he proven that he **** sure doesn't know how to handle people in a professional manner.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Indians GM Mike Chernoff and Rays VP Chaim Bloom have met with the Mets about their GM job. Chernoff is reportedly target #1. Hes a NJ native and supposedly has interest in going home and rebuilding the Mets. Bloom is young at 35 but would bring the Rays analytical approach with him to the Mets FO. Bloom is considered one of the rising stars in the FO side of the league. Kim Ng and Doug Melvin are also in the mix. 

The Wilpon's (Father and son) are in a fight over which direction they should go. Dad wants to go "old school" and son wants to go "new school."

SF asked Brewers permission to speak with GM David Stearns for their president of operations job. Ownership denied the request. Stearns has 1 year left on his contract.

Cardinals have re-signed RHP Adam Wainright to a 1-year deal. The deal includes incentives for Wainwright based on either starting or relieving. Wainwright is a shell of the guy he once was thanks to a rash of injuries in recent seasons which has seen him make only 30 starts once out of the last 4 seasons including just 8 appearances this year totaling only 40 1/3 IP. Wainwright also hasn't been very effective over the last 4 seasons when he has been healthy enough to pitch compiling an ERA of 4.54 in 390 1/3 IP. He's also surrendered 426 hits in that time good for a FIP of 3.95.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:50 AM, Unkn0wn said:

Arizona has decided to rebuild. Everyone is on the block including Greinke and Goldschmidt 

Wish goldy played a different position....I would love to have him as a brave....but the freeman guy is pretty good too

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Wish goldy played a different position....I would love to have him as a brave....but the freeman guy is pretty good too

Yep. I wonder how bad the Diamondbacks offense would have been this year without Goldy? He had another MVP type year and the offense was one of the worst in the NL having several stretches where scoring more than 3 runs was a challenge.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I'll get hate but I'd trade Freeman for Goldy in a heartbeat. 

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'll get hate but I'd trade Freeman for Goldy in a heartbeat. 

Why? Goldy is a free agent after the 2019 season and Freddie isn't a free agent until after the 2021 season. Freddie is also 2 years younger. There's not a big enough difference between the two to want me to make that move.