Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
28-3

If there was ever a time to trade #11 (Julio to Cowboys)

58 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

 

I think if and when our Falcons win a Super Bowl our fan base will chill out. 

Don’t count on it. Browns even when losing were loyal bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, were probably going to have very high pick this year. If we were to get a 2019 1st & 2nd plus another 1st in 2020 that's a lot to consider. We could really reshape the team tremendously overnight this offseason and next. 

Not saying I'd do it, but the thought is inticing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Because there is still 2 more years left on his contract and we can win next year with him.

agree but he wants a new contract at 18-20 per yr so the 100 million dollars question is will he be worth it at 31-32-33 yrs old. I realize JJ brings a lot to the table offensively but IF the price was right I'd have to consider trading him. It's a lot to consider mortgaging the near future with the SB window still open for another year or so but I think it's subjective thinking not to at least consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

if there was a time - it's right now why he has value and we need draft picks and money to sign our young defensive stars. And remember JJ is nearing 30 and MOST WRs start declining in the early 30s plus he's had his fair share of injuries. JJ is going to want 18-20 M per year so is he worth it in his 30s? This year is over so why not consider trading him? 

We don't need money to sign our young talent you watch I bet the FO have already got in place who and how much it's going to cost.The idea that your everyday fan has the information that the FO has I see why the hysteria remains on what we can and can't do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does everyone get to this point because Jerry Jones isn't mortgaging the world for Julio Jones why would he do that.Hes not the most powerful man in the NFL for the want of being stupid.

I see threads like this and it's just more wishful thinking after a loss.

falcons007 and Skeetbird like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 28-3 said:

Per Jerry Jones:

“First of all, a true No. 1 you saw one the other night,” Jones said. “You see [Atlanta’s] Julio Jones, you see players like that. In my mind, every team doesn’t have a true No. 1 receiver. When you put it in that class, those guys that just absolutely change the ball game with where they are. And that hasn’t been our case for several years here that we’ve had a true No. 1, not a true No. 1.”

What in Jerry’s world would he give up to get his mits on Julio “Jerry” Jones?...

Your screen name says all i need to know about this...

CrimsonFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skeetbird said:

LOL:lol:

It's so bad man. I keep seeing people attempt to make a case for Dak but even his receivers are calling him out. He's proven to be nothing without Zeke and this year he's showing he is bunz in the pocket with that offensive line being banged up

Skeetbird and Hurry_Up_And_Buy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

agree but he wants a new contract at 18-20 per yr so the 100 million dollars question is will he be worth it at 31-32-33 yrs old. I realize JJ brings a lot to the table offensively but IF the price was right I'd have to consider trading him. It's a lot to consider mortgaging the near future with the SB window still open for another year or so but I think it's subjective thinking not to at least consider it.

He can ask for whatever he wants but the fact remains he's still under contract for 2 more years and I don't believe this FO is going to give him another mega contract before his current one has expired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Is there a contest of who can come up we the most outrageous post or topic I dont know about because this is outrageous.

NO to trading Julio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas would probably rip off our stupid front office and give us a 1st round pick in 2028 and a 6th round pick in 2021 for him.  Even they did not give in to Seattle and want to given in more than a 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas.

Edited by jlrfalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Blowing up offense? so the only strength of the team goes away. That’s one **** of way to become Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.

Yes because I’ve seen the ultimate evolution of what the offense could be and it wasn’t good enough to win a SB and the Falcons offense is never going to be that good again.

The team has basically wasted the last two prime years of Julio’s career and he’s got nowhere to go but down.  Maybe it’s a slow burn but it could be off a cliff one year like Roddy.

Once Ryan loses the threat of Julio he’s taking a BIG step back.  And now it looks like Schraders done and Mack may be at the end too.  We’ve all seen what happens to the offense when the line can’t block.

The Falcons have to make a decision.  Either try and keep it finesse with the skill players or get serious about the defense and trenches.

They have a ton of money invested in the WRs and now is the chance to use that money on the dline. 

The approach of chasing the dragon on offense while going cheap on the dline was never going to work.

They need to rip off the bandaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Malachore said:

He can ask for whatever he wants but the fact remains he's still under contract for 2 more years and I don't believe this FO is going to give him another mega contract before his current one has expired.

If that’s the case maybe we shouldn’t trade him but we’ll see what happens. All I’m saying is I don’t agree with giving a 30-35 yr old WR mega bucks at a declining age. I’m ok with the current contract but didn’t JJ get promised a new contract starting next yr???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Start over. Honestly. If they’d give two 1sts and a 2nd I’d do it. 

I would do it and not give it a second thought. If their not willing to trade, then it sounds personal and will not benefit the team, but it won't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes because I’ve seen the ultimate evolution of what the offense could be and it wasn’t good enough to win a SB and the Falcons offense is never going to be that good again.

The team has basically wasted the last two prime years of Julio’s career and he’s got nowhere to go but down.  Maybe it’s a slow burn but it could be off a cliff one year like Roddy.

Once Ryan loses the threat of Julio he’s taking a BIG step back.  And now it looks like Schraders done and Mack may be at the end too.  We’ve all seen what happens to the offense when the line can’t block.

The Falcons have to make a decision.  Either try and keep it finesse with the skill players or get serious about the defense and trenches.

They have a ton of money invested in the WRs and now is the chance to use that money on the dline. 

The approach of chasing the dragon on offense while going cheap on the dline was never going to work.

They need to rip off the bandaid.

It’s not the time, there are at least two more years to use Julio and Ryan before any sign of decline. Fill in the holes and beef up the depth. The more you blow up, you will end up like Browns. This team isn’t in need of total make over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

First off, Jerrah ain't giving up the farm when he doesn't have the QB to throw downfield.

Secondly, we have a future HOFer who is in the prime of his career, so what we might get in picks, how long are you waiting for the rebuild for picks that may or may not pan out? 

It's always a crap shoot about who will "pan out", but multiple picks( could benefit ) this team more than one player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Blowing up offense? so the only strength of the team goes away. That’s one **** of way to become Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.

So far the Browns look better than us this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0